Let's think

@Ungrateful @Robes @Z Z @Bride Chucky and many, many other staff member gave up on Roatpkz after being demoted. The list far exceeds them but that's all that I know who have used the new forums.

Ungrateful got demoted on the 3rd of April (I believe) and hasn't posted on the forum since, and hasn't visited since the 11th.
Robes got demoted around June 2015 and has been on less than 5 times since (probably 2 or 3).
Z Z resigned some time in 2013 and has been on less than 15 times, and some people actually think that's a lot. You can't blame them, especially considering he didn't even log in for like an entire year after he resigned.
Romario got demoted some time late last year and has posted less than 5 times, and has logged in about the same amount.

Why do people play this game only to be staff? There is much more to this game than being staff and I think the worst staff choices are always the ones that are chosen from people acting like it's their life dream to become staff. That has been the trend as long as I've played and I think at least 1 staff promotion reflects that trend. 

Ban152 is a pker. I've never seen him make a distinct effort to go out of his way to show off his desire to help people, but I think his general kindness and willingness to perform what Roatpkz was made to do, pk, will make him a great staff member.

Love Wings is "nice" and not much else. Although Ban has little substance, either, at least his entire persona isn't just not being hated by everyone, but rather adored as Love Wings tries to accomplish. I think the boisterous nature by which Love wings has been trying to accomplish this only serves as a detriment in the long term. Staff ≠ nice. Punishing people will never be nice.

=========================================================================

Thoughts on the staff choices along with an opinion of the history of staff?

• Upvote 3

Ungrateful was a pker, in the end he has real life priorities that forced him away from Roatpkz (hence his previous inactivity). From what I hear Robes was a bit of a pker too, and again, took real life priorities over coming back to this game. To be honest, I think a lot of staff tend to stay away from a game they got demoted from due to shame/ no interest anymore. You tend to stay away from work places you've been fired from, right? I know I do.

Being an in-game staff member takes a toll on you, especially with our community. It's really no surprise people move on after they're demoted. 

I think we have a good balance of new SS, one that's dedicated to helping and someone that plays the server for what it is. I personally believe that balance is needed. 

Edited by Zoradz
  • Upvote 2

Ban152 is a pker. I've never seen him make a distinct effort to go out of his way to show off his desire to help people, but I think his general kindness and willingness to perform what Roatpkz was made to do, pk, will make him a great staff member.

I never saw him Online. Gretar Many other players can get this better than him .

You make some good points, I made the same observation re: players not active after demotion. Either they're on an alt or they've quit completely. Those you specifically mentioned, I think since these guys were veterans, they were basically on the verge of quitting anyway - being staff was probably the only reason for them to still be here. Once that was gone, it made sense to leave.

If you asked me to place a bet on the next SS, I would have said Love Wings, it didn't surprise me. He is very helpful and I suppose is literally "supporting the server" so it makes sense. I don't know Ban152 (doesn't mean I don't think he deserves his position, I just don't recall who he is but I will do soon!) 

The support they can provide is limited, it's basically to help newer players with in-game mechanics, prices, locations, etc. and minor issues one might have with other players. For most people life (PK'ing) will continue as normal. 

The surprise package of all this is Graphics being dropped, I'm wondering if this was his personal decision or if he had done something to cause this. Hopefully he doesn't follow the above trend of pulling a disappearing act, and if you want to @Graphics, please shed some light on this mate.

• Upvote 2

its not jus those u mentioned but every staff who resigns or gets demoted ends up being inactive

ive been 1 of the most active players for past 4 yrs and noticed that the staff on here dont pk, they did in the past but once promoted they stop pking and jus stand around at staff zone afk or chill at edgeville talking

:a7e:love wings doesnt deserve ss imo hes just a joke like bride chucky and probly wont even last 3 months but i like the guy hes funny, im so jealous he got ss

idk how ban152 got ss cos first of all its an alt and 2nd ive never seen him help any1, hes a good guy ive known him a while hes never got in any trouble and isnt well known cos he stays quiet but we shud giv him a chance to prove himself cos he does want to be ss and help the server

graphics was my friend a great player, ss even a good mod at the start but he got corrupted somehow he turned against me and mike, he lost his chill and got mad all the time became ruthless and i noticed him abusing ppl a few times with unfair punishments

with graphics and ungrateful gone and legend and yoobs inactive for reasons idk, roatz needs a mod i think smackd shud be promoted cos 3 ss are enough

Edited by Ahmash
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Game Support II said:

If you asked me to place a bet on the next SS, I would have said Love Wings, it didn't surprise me. He is very helpful and I suppose is literally "supporting the server" so it makes sense. I don't know Ban152 (doesn't mean I don't think he deserves his position, I just don't recall who he is but I will do soon!)

This is exactly right, we've made the decision to have someone that literally sits there and helps, and someone thats active and involved within the community, like I said above we like to keep the balance because that's what's working. 

The support they can provide is limited, it's basically to help newer players with in-game mechanics, prices, locations, etc. and minor issues one might have with other players. For most people life (PK'ing) will continue as normal. 

That's exactly right, I don't see why people start whinging over SS's they're on a trial and they can do shit all.

The surprise package of all this is Graphics being dropped, I'm wondering if this was his personal decision or if he had done something to cause this. Hopefully he doesn't follow the above trend of pulling a disappearing act, and if you want to @Graphics, please shed some light on this mate.

I hope Graphics makes an appearance, and I feel for him. This shit ain't easy.

• Upvote 3
11 hours ago, Zoradz said:

Ungrateful was a pker, in the end he has real life priorities that forced him away from Roatpkz (hence his previous inactivity). From what I hear Robes was a bit of a pker too, and again, took real life priorities over coming back to this game. To be honest, I think a lot of staff tend to stay away from a game they got demoted from due to shame/ no interest anymore. You tend to stay away from work places you've been fired from, right? I know I do.

Being an in-game staff member takes a toll on you, especially with our community. It's really no surprise people move on after they're demoted. 

I think we have a good balance of new SS, one that's dedicated to helping and someone that plays the server for what it is. I personally believe that balance is needed. 

I see what you mean but with a lot of staff members they more so were pkers prior to getting staff. Robes and Ungrateful were great examples of that, and once they got staff, they stopped pking and I think that killed their interest on roat. Sitting around "helping" is necessary but that can drive you crazy, but if you are pking while helping or just doing other things, the game will always be fun. How fun can it be logging in just to get spammed with questions?

5 hours ago, Game Support II said:

You make some good points, I made the same observation re: players not active after demotion. Either they're on an alt or they've quit completely. Those you specifically mentioned, I think since these guys were veterans, they were basically on the verge of quitting anyway - being staff was probably the only reason for them to still be here. Once that was gone, it made sense to leave.

^

4 hours ago, Sinister said:

I think he just rolls a dice, then ignores what the dice rolls, checks paypal, repeats, afks for 24 hours. Looks at whos been online most this month, scrolls to the bottom, picks bottom two players, and see's who the last person they lost a duel to is > promotes to ss.

Nah but i don't mind the promotions, the reason behind Graphics demotion is piss poor though.

Some of the last few promotions have been mysterious. It appears he has ceased getting the staffs opinions lol

3 hours ago, Ahmash said:

its not jus those u mentioned but every staff who resigns or gets demoted ends up being inactive

ive been 1 of the most active players for past 4 yrs and noticed that the staff on here dont pk, they did in the past but once promoted they stop pking and jus stand around at staff zone afk or chill at edgeville talking

:a7e:love wings doesnt deserve ss imo hes just a joke like bride chucky and probly wont even last 3 months but i like the guy hes funny, im so jealous he got ss

idk how ban152 got ss cos first of all its an alt and 2nd ive never seen him help any1, hes a good guy ive known him a while hes never got in any trouble and isnt well known cos he stays quiet but we shud giv him a chance to prove himself cos he does want to be ss and help the server

graphics was my friend a great player, ss even a good mod at the start but he got corrupted somehow he turned against me and mike, he lost his chill and got mad all the time became ruthless and i noticed him abusing ppl a few times with unfair punishments

with graphics and ungrateful gone and legend and yoobs inactive for reasons idk, roatz needs a mod i think smackd shud be promoted cos 3 ss are enough

I agree Love Wings is a joke (I say that with no offence, of course) and I don't really get it. Yeah, he spams for everyone to join his cc and all of that, but what is the point of him being staff?

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Why Gg said:

You make one of these everytime someone gets promoted LOL

I mean it does provide good discussion but most of the time I personally think it's jealously.

Most of the time he only points out flaws and never says anything good about the person who was promoted.

Edited by John
  • Upvote 4
15 hours ago, Kihfan55 said:

@Ungrateful @Robes @Z Z @Bride Chucky and many, many other staff member gave up on Roatpkz after being demoted. The list far exceeds them but that's all that I know who have used the new forums.

Ungrateful got demoted on the 3rd of April (I believe) and hasn't posted on the forum since, and hasn't visited since the 11th.
Robes got demoted around June 2015 and has been on less than 5 times since (probably 2 or 3).
Z Z resigned some time in 2013 and has been on less than 15 times, and some people actually think that's a lot. You can't blame them, especially considering he didn't even log in for like an entire year after he resigned.
Romario got demoted some time late last year and has posted less than 5 times, and has logged in about the same amount.

Why do people play this game only to be staff? There is much more to this game than being staff and I think the worst staff choices are always the ones that are chosen from people acting like it's their life dream to become staff. That has been the trend as long as I've played and I think at least 1 staff promotion reflects that trend. 

Love Wings is "nice" and not much else. Although Ban has little substance, either, at least his entire persona isn't just not being hated by everyone, but rather adored as Love Wings tries to accomplish. I think the boisterous nature by which Love wings has been trying to accomplish this only serves as a detriment in the long term. Staff ≠ nice. Punishing people will never be nice.

e words, in general staff on roatpkz are nice until few days then they change to give unfair punshments.

@Ungrateful was nice until he received his admin then started to ignore people ect.

@Robes was fair all the way

@Legend™ nice guy he does not abuse his powers

@Zoradz he ignores most the time

@Yoobs he was nice 2 me when he was mod, when he was promoted to admin, for no  reason, he hsted me and was banning/muting me all the time lol

@Sinister he was nice when he was on the staff team,but not anymore

Tbh, i think im out of topic but its still nice to  give some feedback.

On 4/28/2016 at 5:32 AM, Kihfan55 said:

Personally i played RoatPKZ for a few weeks before i first got forums moderator but i didn't start playing with the intent to ever just get staff on the server i met Gretar through  @John then pretty much just asked for forums moderator after i was decent active on the server. I was not remotely known in the community and had not been playing RoatPKZ for long but me and @Legend™ have managed to push some of the most controversial but best updates this game has had or will ever had. You need to give some people time to develop there skills as a "staff member" and give them time to get use to handling with the RoatPKZ community because trust me its a lot harder than it looks. I went through a phase of completely hating RoatPKZ and wanted to quit for a while when i first got global mod but got over that and just focused on improving the game. Some staff choices can be a stupid at the start but turn out to be an extremely good idea like Zoradz and Graphics. I personally would go for people who are a little less known in the community then people that are well known are normally absloute assholes and if you have been playing RoatPKZ for 2 years+ and still mentally sane then there is something very wrong with you. Theres some huge thing in this community that everyone thinks you can only promote people who are known in the community when 90% of the time it ends up being a horrible idea. Server support isn't a big deal imo its a rank for people to timedmute and help people you shouldn't it see it as anymore everyone who receives server support is normally monitored frequently to see if they are doing anything they should not be doing and we also give them a lot of guidance. We cannot always make the correct decisions for staff and sometimes it can go wrong but give them a little bit of time and if they are doing bad then just give them feedback on how to improve and hopefully they will listen to you. The history of staff on RoatPKZ is absolutely horrible though ngl.

• Upvote 2
On 4/28/2016 at 6:30 AM, hickory do said:

Graphics best staff, love wings is good choice, ban152 ok choice

thanks bae <3:)

On 4/28/2016 at 6:14 AM, Game Support II said:

no i did not get demoted for a serious reason, or a bad reason. the only thing i loved to do on roatpkz is my job, My job as a moderator is the best thing that happened to me on roatpkz. and i will not stop using my job experience "no i dont consider this a real job" to help people ingame or on forums because!

On 4/28/2016 at 8:02 AM, Ahmash said:

like we spoke in game, you can not provide any proof of me being corrupted. never turned against you, i never did anything to you, and mike turned on me i got proof of chats. i never lost my chill or got mad, i can be serious at time if shit is not being handled properly or you are acting childish as normaly. you have to be ruthless in this community to get shit done, everyone walks all over you and think they can do whatever the fuck they want, so you want to act childish, immature and act like the rules dont apply to you will always be punished accordingly to the situation! "So please keep talking shit"

On 4/28/2016 at 4:30 PM, King Falador said:

i want my grapik to be moderator again ty

<3:)

Edited by Graphics
  • Upvote 2