Name change suggestion

Allow players to change their names with Donator points  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Is this a good idea?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't give a rats ass

Hey guys.

I am not sure wether or not this has been suggested in the past, but perhaps add a feature that would allow players to change their name, at a cost of 'x' amount of donator points?

This way the server is making revenue while at the same time benefiting the player base. Idk just an idea!

Edited by Tupac
11 minutes ago, Bind U Dead said:

Gretar doesn't agree about this idea at all because he feels people who break the rules a lot will just make a new name and we won't know who's who.

No Support from me though.

That doesn't really make sense, considering someone can just create a new account and practically do the same thing right now.

At the end of the day, staff will be able to know who is who. Players do not need to know that.

Don't agree with the name change. Hated that RS did this. When you don't log in for a few months,  people change their names multiple times and you have no idea who your "friends" are anymore.  

BTW: if you change name, can someone take yours and pretend to be you? 

It would be better if donators can just get custom yell tags that cost points and can be changed monthly or something. 

Edited by PK Guy
  • Upvote 2

Honestly, I don't think it's at all necessary, nor can any of the reasons for its implementation on RS be effectively applied to RPKZ; just make a new account and transfer a donator ticket and some items to it.

Even on RS, where I believe has sufficient reason to have been introduced, I dislike its implementation whereby hovering over a friend's name on your friend list will state their previous display name and not their original name. This, as PK Guy also mentioned, results in you having no idea who half the people on your friend list are after a break and 2+ name changes.

If it was to be introduced, it would have to show your original display name (whatever iteration of display name you're on) when hovering over the name on your friend list. Additionally, upon changing display name, your original should be locked so someone else can not use it. Lastly, I don't agree with using donator points as the medium for purchasing a new display name as, firstly, there's no way to directly acquire them (as far as I'm aware) and, secondly, I simply believe most of the server wouldn't bother and it would result in dead content.

TL;DR

-1, no

• Upvote 1