Jump to content
- - - - - - - - - -

163 Players are online

Yoobs

Roat PKZ Updates (29/12/16)

Recommended Posts

Roat Pkz Updates!

Screenshot_6.jpg

King Black Dragon

King Black Dragon has been added to Roat Pkz and uses all 5 attack styles and drops the dragonfire shield.

aa.jpg

Granite Maul

Granite maul has been added to the PKP shop for 1000 PKP.

Other Updates

- Tournaments will no longer affect KDR
- Donator capes and pker's cape have been nerfed
- Donator capes, pker's cape and vesta have been disabled at Edge PVP
- Auto escape system has now been improved and will work in funpk and f2p zone as well as use glory's
- Teleblock timer is saved on logout
- The trade lure at Edge PVP has now been fixed
- All DFS's in-game have been removed and are dropped by the KBD now
- Protect values have been changed on some items, please post below if it can be improved

Thanks to @Gretar and of course more to come!

  • Upvote 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand these updates, but uhhhmmm. another donor nerf and nothing to compensate? Haven't you guys seen all them posts about more donor benefits? LOL?

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok this is totally BS and i have to say something about it.

STOP RUINING THE GAME! 

instead of putting every fucking thing we have left in the pk shops and ruining the pk experience for us 

why dont you start by adding stuff to the donor shop wich at this moment is fucking useless aswell as the donor status 

add a 5-10-20k pk cape that is better then the 1k since you fucked this up aswell and has now become a meaningless achievement aswell why remove them from edgeville? its fucking stupid and i have never heard anyone complain about a fucking pkers cape

finally do something with the master zone wich has been useless aswell since forever 

oh and ofcourse thanks alot for yet again improving teams chances to rip someone for there banks more efficiently thats just what we needed especially now the gmaul wich was basically the only shot of succeeding to kill one of these arcane full max def bonus serp weilding assholes 

stop removing shit to pk shops 

#roatzforf2p2017

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@rawrdatank Finally, I thought I was going to be the only one but thank you for posting about the addition of G Maul to the PK shop, this is becoming too much like another popular server that I dislike, why must they all be the same? I joined this for the free spawning of most items. Only thing I think you got wrong was about the Pkers cape, it's only blocked on "EdgePVP" (aka the new ::brid) not in the Wilderness itself (I think so anyway), which IDGAF about since I don't brid that way (#LunarBrid :kappa:). However, it has been nerfed, and with so many people over 1k kills a higher tier cape would be better.

Let's see how it pans out though..

Edited by PK Guy
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PK Guy said:

@rawrdatank Finally, I thought I was going to be the only one but thank you for posting about the addition of G Maul to the PK shop, this is becoming too much like another popular server that I dislike, why must they all be the same? I joined this for the free spawning of most items. Only thing I think you got wrong was about the Pkers cape, it's only blocked on "EdgePVP" (aka the new ::brid) not in the Wilderness itself (I think so anyway), which IDGAF about since I don't brid that way (#LunarBrid :kappa:). 

Let's see how it pans out though..

Remember it passed the poll, nothing was forced upon the community.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rawrdatank said:

ok this is totally BS and i have to say something about it.

STOP RUINING THE GAME! 

instead of putting every fucking thing we have left in the pk shops and ruining the pk experience for us 

why dont you start by adding stuff to the donor shop wich at this moment is fucking useless aswell as the donor status 

add a 5-10-20k pk cape that is better then the 1k since you fucked this up aswell and has now become a meaningless achievement aswell why remove them from edgeville? its fucking stupid and i have never heard anyone complain about a fucking pkers cape

finally do something with the master zone wich has been useless aswell since forever 

oh and ofcourse thanks alot for yet again improving teams chances to rip someone for there banks more efficiently thats just what we needed especially now the gmaul wich was basically the only shot of succeeding to kill one of these arcane full max def bonus serp weilding assholes 

stop removing shit to pk shops 

#roatzforf2p2017

Hi, i can clearly see you're very misunderstood are reasoning behind putting things in the PKP shop (even though it passed the poll for gmaul and also dfs but hey ho) we aim on making the game as balanced as possible and doing things like putting the spec weapon that can instantly spec up to 48's and can do it very easily and very often into the PKP shop is called balancing the game :D Donator benefits will be worked on soon and also you evidently don't pay much attention to forums or in-game if you don't see people complaining about pkers cape because it is painfully overpowered and that's the same for the donator capes also. Master zone is a lost cause and is a completely irrelevant thing for now perhaps when the game is at a stable level we can focus on the master zone, and see your last comment just proves how op the gmaul was that it was giving people in full basics an easy opportunity to kill people in max.

#commonsense #tryingtoimprovethegame #peoplewithnopksensestopcommentonthreads 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of these updates are pretty neat!

One thing I can't agree with is nerfing donator benefits. Donator is already a touchy subject, as the benefits aren't very beneficial. I don't think that taking away donators already limited perks is a very good idea. At least listen to your community and throw in some extras for donators! 

Just my 2 cents

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tupac said:

Most of these updates are pretty neat!

One thing I can't agree with is nerfing donator benefits. Donator is already a touchy subject, as the benefits aren't very beneficial. I don't think that taking away donators already limited perks is a very good idea. At least listen to your community and throw in some extras for donators! 

Just my 2 cents

Donator capes are something that had to be nerfed for the better of the game and the benefits will be improved very soon as i have previously stated we will be working on donator benefits more when the game is at a stable level and we need to work out some good benefits and we're listening to "our community" but they aren't suggesting any benefits they're just suggesting "PLS DONATOR BENEFITS KS AMAK I PAYED $5 FOR THIS !!!!". If you had any sense about the game you would understand things like donator capes made the game loosely 'pay 2 win' and needed to be fixed asap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Yoobs said:

Donator capes are something that had to be nerfed for the better of the game and the benefits will be improved very soon as i have previously stated we will be working on donator benefits more when the game is at a stable level and we need to work out some good benefits and we're listening to "our community" but they aren't suggesting any benefits they're just suggesting "PLS DONATOR BENEFITS KS AMAK I PAYED $5 FOR THIS !!!!". If you had any sense about the game you would understand things like donator capes made the game loosely 'pay 2 win' and needed to be fixed asap.

and putting every single item in the pk shop is not making the game pay 2 win?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, rawrdatank said:

and putting every single item in the pk shop is not making the game pay 2 win?

The games currency is based around PKP points of course it's not pay 2 win??? You're suppose to get more PKP and then be able to upgrade and buy new items like idk if you're being serious or something rn??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Yoobs said:

Hi, i can clearly see you're very misunderstood are reasoning behind putting things in the PKP shop (even though it passed the poll for gmaul and also dfs but hey ho) we aim on making the game as balanced as possible and doing things like putting the spec weapon that can instantly spec up to 48's and can do it very easily and very often into the PKP shop is called balancing the game :D Donator benefits will be worked on soon and also you evidently don't pay much attention to forums or in-game if you don't see people complaining about pkers cape because it is painfully overpowered and that's the same for the donator capes also. Master zone is a lost cause and is a completely irrelevant thing for now perhaps when the game is at a stable level we can focus on the master zone, and see your last comment just proves how op the gmaul was that it was giving people in full basics an easy opportunity to kill people in max.

#commonsense #tryingtoimprovethegame #peoplewithnopksensestopcommentonthreads 

Hey yoobert! I totally agree with you on the gmaul. That thing is over powered as balls, and should have a price, as people discuss in-game frequently. 

One thing I don't see discussed often are the capes. While I do see the occasional non-donator bitching about equality, that isn't really how the world works. The lava cape isn't a ton better than the fire cape, it's only got a slight edge.   This also applies to the earth and water capes. They've been a good part of roatz for a long time. 

Perhaps rather than outright banning them, we the community could work together to find stats that you guys find more appropriate. Idk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

2 minutes ago, Yoobs said:

The games currency is based around PKP points of course it's not pay 2 win??? You're suppose to get more PKP and then be able to upgrade and buy new items like idk if you're being serious or something rn??? 

Games like these (including RS) have an inherently pay-to-win structure though! I could make a new RS acc, RWT for a few mils (bils?) to immediately buy items for skilling, A Friend made a video on RWT being the fastest way to maxing an acc.

And donations are not literal 'donations', they are purchases which allow players to advance in wealth and power quicker, whilst providing the owner with income. What he meant by putting things in the PK shop being pay-to-win is that you can donate for PKP, therefore people who do this have an unfair advantage over someone who doesn't. Yes, PKP can be accumulated without actually donating, but so can donator rank (and subsequently donator items such as capes) so, if you look at it, people are unlocking an untradeable, unloseable cape for around 8-10k PKP so it should obviously be better than a fire cape! I think donator ticket prices will take a hit until something new is added, which by the way has been suggested numerous times, some of them have been quality suggestions too.

Regardless, I don't want to get into too much of an argument, especially not with you, for obvious reasons.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

 

Games like these (including RS) have an inherently pay-to-win structure though! I could make a new RS acc, RWT for a few mils (bils?) to immediately buy items for skilling, A Friend made a video on RWT being the fastest way to maxing an acc.

And donations are not literal 'donations', they are purchases which allow players to advance in wealth and power quicker, whilst providing the owner with income. What he meant by putting things in the PK shop being pay-to-win is that you can donate for PKP, therefore people who do this have an unfair advantage over someone who doesn't. Yes, PKP can be accumulated without actually donating, but so can donator rank (and subsequently donator items such as capes) so, if you look at it, people are unlocking an untradeable, unloseable cape for around 8-10k PKP so it should obviously be better than a fire cape! I think donator ticket prices will take a hit until something new is added, which by the way has been suggested numerous times, some of them have been quality suggestions too.

Regardless, I don't want to get into too much of an argument, especially not with you, for obvious reasons.

I understand that you can purchase PKP so it is semi pay to win but i mean it as in the economies work is that you purchase things with money and that's how everything works pretty much you gotta get money and then buy things with that money and its exactly the same for PKP you gotta get PKP and buy things with that PKP so adding more things to the shop for PKP is better not just for the economy but means people aren't running around with things like ags and gmaul's and 1 hitting everyone no matter what gear the person is in. The whole point of having max gear is to have good stats and good advantages over people but it not be impossible to kill someone in max and it's deffo not impossible to kill someone in max on Roat Pkz. It's not like the whole entire game is being ruined by a granite maul (which is extremely op) becoming PKP and you will probably find that it will do more good for the game then negatives for the game. I wouldn't mind being tagged in any of these suggestions or sent these suggestions in pm and would totally take a look at, nor is it an argument either its a completely calm valid discussion but okay.

17 minutes ago, Tupac said:

Hey yoobert! I totally agree with you on the gmaul. That thing is over powered as balls, and should have a price, as people discuss in-game frequently. 

One thing I don't see discussed often are the capes. While I do see the occasional non-donator bitching about equality, that isn't really how the world works. The lava cape isn't a ton better than the fire cape, it's only got a slight edge.   This also applies to the earth and water capes. They've been a good part of roatz for a long time. 

Perhaps rather than outright banning them, we the community could work together to find stats that you guys find more appropriate. Idk

Hi Tupac!

I agree that we haven't discussed the capes too much but many donator's believe there over-powered and for a long time one of the most suggested things to me personally about items is donator capes being nerfed or completely removed. They dont have a slight edge in certain situations than can be extremely good for example donator cape being good in every single combat style so you dont have to switch capes around etc. Roat is forever evolving and we're forever trying to improve the game and some things that have been part of the game for a while sometimes have to be removed or nerfed. I agree with community spirit and trying to work together to find better fixes and ideas for stuff but in this certain situation i think the nerf was very justified.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Add the rune scimitar aswell and the magic [email protected][email protected]#[email protected]#@#[email protected]#

LETS ADD EVERYTHING TO THE PKSHOP SO EVERYONE IS FORCED TO BUY PKP WITH IRL MONEY AND SOME DONT SO WE HAVE TO ROB AND KILL [email protected]#@##[email protected]#

LETS MAKE LIFE EVEN HARDER THEN IT ALREADY [email protected]#[email protected][email protected]#[email protected]#

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Problem is instead of nerfing items like gmaul(fixing them) they keep them stupidly op but make them worth pkp so now only some people can use the overpowered weapons and then along with that nerf the spawnable things, made the game pay to win

gotta give gretar credit though he's doing some good updates 

Edited by Xbrzh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Asrafh said:

nice updates except of the thing that donor status has been made even more useless now.

New donator benefits will be added soon, don't worry. If you have any suggestions for new donor benefits, feel free to post them.

Edited by Bind U Dead
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've never been a person to participate on forums. however, as a part of the roatz community in my freedom of speech right now and say that I absolutely agree with all decisions about taking gmauls and making them priced, disabling capes from brid areas, and also making dfs and other items earnable. On the other hand, I think that the game should be more than pking and economy flipping. As a person whose played runescape since 2004 I can intern say that my most fun moments involved mini games (castle wars, clan wars, fight pits) and many things like this. I think that you should make many of the earnable things through voting like void(possibly a korasi too) (new weapon idea!), F2p items (gravite, berserker shields), make more economy items like morrigans javelins or thrownaxes or even statius warhammer, and just make things more fun and earnable through PKP and also make chaotics usable again for everyone. Of course dinars should have select things to themselves, like their own fashionable clothing's, 3rd age, or something else. I have a lot of ideas and I plan on voicing them.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rolforion said:

On the whole great updates and can see Gretar has been putting a lot of work into the server. I just have one issue. I don't mind the gmaul being pkt as it is currently way overpowered. On Roat you can ags spec and gmaul in the same tick, so there is no possible way of eating through it. However on OSRS I swear if somebody ags gmauls you, if you are fast enough, you may have the chance to eat once. I heard you can only 1 tick the ags gmaul if you gmaul spec into the ags which is a lot less overpowered as you can't predict the ags hit before you waste 50% spec on gmaul. PLEASE CORRECT ME IF IM WRONG ABOUT ANY OF THAT IM REALLY NOT SURE JUST WHAT INWAS TOLD.

If this was fixed maybe gmaul could be lowered in price like some want?

I personally don't mind the current gmaul and price as I am used to how it works on roat. Only one issue is its stupid in some no armour/pure risks. 

However the gmaul and dfs changed have really improved dh risking. Dfs into ags gmaul was boring and ruined dh'ing for me. Dfs was way too tanky and ruined fights imo. Now even when it becomes more popular and cheap I can see it being the norm to use d def in dh as there are a lot less 0's. Also gmaul can be used but its like risking an extra vls so I guess its fair

Umm, no not really.

you're right that you're able to 1tick Gmaul-AGS, but you're also able to 1tick AGS-Gmaul on OSRS too. It worked either way round.

The problem is that ticks aren't really 100% on here, and I'm guessing that's because of the fact that we have both OSRS and Roat switches. 1ticks to a specwep work really well if you use OSRS switches because that causes a purposeful delay allowing you to get to spec and re-attack your opponent before the switch actually takes place, which results in the 1tick.

^ This is even easier on OSRS. However the problem is that you currently cannot Gmaul spec first if you're at a distance. It's completely not-doable. I'm not sure why, but the server simply does not let you. This forces you to either bash with the gmaul or be forced to use AGS-Gmaul.

But because of the server being harder to 1tick anyhow, and many people not having the intuition or skill to do it, i don't really mind.

Perfect example here on OSRS.

This is not my video.
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Fancy Boots said:

Umm, no not really.

you're right that you're able to 1tick Gmaul-AGS, but you're also able to 1tick AGS-Gmaul on OSRS too. It worked either way round.

The problem is that ticks aren't really 100% on here, and I'm guessing that's because of the fact that we have both OSRS and Roat switches. 1ticks to a specwep work really well if you use OSRS switches because that causes a purposeful delay allowing you to get to spec and re-attack your opponent before the switch actually takes place, which results in the 1tick.

^ This is even easier on OSRS. However the problem is that you currently cannot Gmaul spec first if you're at a distance. It's completely not-doable. I'm not sure why, but the server simply does not let you. This forces you to either bash with the gmaul or be forced to use AGS-Gmaul.

But because of the server being harder to 1tick anyhow, and many people not having the intuition or skill to do it, i don't really mind.

Perfect example here on OSRS.

This is not my video.
 

 

Cheers form clearing this up for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Putting the Granite maul in the PKP shop was probably the worst decision...

If it was considered too op, it could've just been nerfed slightly. It wasn't even OP in my opinion lmao.

Other than that, decent updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice updates and all I seen that the server been improving a lot rapidly with constant updates which is great, Just one question though and I don't want anyone quoting me calling me a dick head or anything cause I'm just wondering and I don't play so no point in flaming me but will ballista ever be added in-game ? I know before I quit nearly three weeks ago people were talking about it and shit so I'd like to know is all those cool items coming to roats as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Owain said:

Putting the Granite maul in the PKP shop was probably the worst decision...

If it was considered too op, it could've just been nerfed slightly. It wasn't even OP in my opinion lmao.

Other than that, decent updates.

It wasn't too op, it just should be risked because of what it does

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, Owain said:

Putting the Granite maul in the PKP shop was probably the worst decision...

If it was considered too op, it could've just been nerfed slightly. It wasn't even OP in my opinion lmao.

Other than that, decent updates.

Owen? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Matt said:

Nice updates and all I seen that the server been improving a lot rapidly with constant updates which is great, Just one question though and I don't want anyone quoting me calling me a dick head or anything cause I'm just wondering and I don't play so no point in flaming me but will ballista ever be added in-game ? I know before I quit nearly three weeks ago people were talking about it and shit so I'd like to know is all those cool items coming to roats as well?

Go home Matty, you're drunk  :P

To answer your question though: remember yesterday when you posted on this topic, look at the items in the inventory. Those are coming soon, Ballista and more!!

You should seriously consider unquitting...

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Matt said:

Nice updates and all I seen that the server been improving a lot rapidly with constant updates which is great, Just one question though and I don't want anyone quoting me calling me a dick head or anything cause I'm just wondering and I don't play so no point in flaming me but will ballista ever be added in-game ? I know before I quit nearly three weeks ago people were talking about it and shit so I'd like to know is all those cool items coming to roats as well?

Ballista will be added at some point and when that is i'm not sure but it will be :P 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

Go home Matty, you're drunk  :P

To answer your question though: remember yesterday when you posted on this topic, look at the items in the inventory. Those are coming soon, Ballista and more!!

You should seriously consider unquitting...

Nah dude maybe in a year I'd come back or like around summer play for a few hours or something and nice that's lit I'd like to see some vids with ppl using it or something 

32 minutes ago, Yoobs said:

Ballista will be added at some point and when that is i'm not sure but it will be :P 

Litty 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Matt said:

Nah dude maybe in a year I'd come back or like around summer play for a few hours or something and nice that's lit I'd like to see some vids with ppl using it or something 

Litty 

Who u trying to lie to lazy Rachel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Xbrzh said:

Who u trying to lie to lazy Rachel 

wow good one 

+1 HAHAHAHAH 

jokes fam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...