Ideas on max cape implementation!

Gretar

Max_Capes_&_HP_Insurance_(1).png

Hey, as you might know Affliction has added max-capes in-game, however we haven't figured out the best way to release them yet, here are a few examples of what we could do. Please let us know what you think and how you would like to see them implemented.

1. Kill Achievements only, add the Max Capes and give them away for free or 1000 PKP with certain kills and then allow people to wear them after they achieve certain amount of kills, for example 1000 Kills for normal max cape, 2500 Kills for Fire Max Cape.

2. Add them in the PKP Shop for 5000 PKP And allow people to transform them with the items they have (Fire Cape = Fire Max Cape, Ava's = Ava's Max Cape, God Capes = God Max Capes).

3. Spread them around achievements, replace Pkers cape with normal Max Cape, make Jad drop Fire Max Cape, Add Battle Mages in Mage Arena and make them drop small amount of pkp but for every kill you receive a Mage Arena Point, with the points you could purchase the Magic Max Capes (Saradomin, Zamorak, Guthix). Not sure about Ava's/Ardy yet, any ideas ?

4. Make all current God Capes become (torn) and cut their bonuses by half, then add battle mages in Mage Arena and make them drop God Capes (new) which you can use on the Normal Max Cape to make Magic Max Capes which would be obtained from Mage Arena Points. (Fire Max Cape would be made by using fire cape on the max cape).

5. Possibly have max capes obtainable by winning a tournament ? You get to pick a max cape if you end up in the top 4 in any tournament.

These are 5 ideas we've come up with so far, please let us know what you think and if you have any ideas/suggestions for this!

Edited by John
Fixed spelling
  • Upvote 3

my idea is : super donators gets them for free since theres a lack of features.

normal donators can obtain them from Pkp shop for 1,000.

and you can apply suggestion 3 on normal players.

edit: capes will be untradeable,farthermore, if you die with them you gutcha pay X amount of pkp to wear them back so we don't see the whole community wearing max capes everywhere around the wildy.

@Gretar

Edited by desert ship

Yes 3 will be fun

Maybe give Ava's to KBD or Chaos Ele' to drop, Chaos would be better since it's in the Wilderness? Just a thought...

Ardy could be a voting achievement, since normal Ardy cape is a vote item. So for instance you need to have claimed 100 votes tickets to unlock it

Edited by PK Guy
Use 1st idea for regular max cape (it should just replace pkers cape for 1k kills)
  • Upvote 1

I agree with 3, it's the best option so far.

First of all, i have an idea about Ava's which i would like to share it out:

*Add multiple of Npc's randomly in the wilderness which you'll need to kill a rate of 1-50 to recieve a clue scroll (not specified weither its hard,medium or easy scroll), which then ring of wealth (row) could be used as a benefit for donators+ to have a better drop rate of a clue scroll plus 1 rare PKP item (if wearing a Row). We could make a clue scroll guide so we could make it easier for the community to give them some hints. You'll need to collect 5 max range points (obtained by doing 5 clue scrolls which is dropped by the npc's(1-50 rate), with the points you could purchase the Range Max cape (including Ava's).

Edited by Bind U Dead

I feel like a combination of 1 and 3 would be most suitable, assuming they are account bound once obtained (meaning you wouldn't lose them on death).

Having a mixture of kill achievements and PvM drops give a variety of options, where you're not limited to just PvM or PvP to obtain them. Granted this is a largely-based PvP server, it would make the most sense to be able to obtain at least one of them through PvP (i.e., kill achievements).

Personally, I hate the idea of adding them to the PKP Shop. There's really no reason to have them in there.

As far as additional ideas go, I'd probably incorporate one as a drop/reward for donators, from a monster/boss that would be in an area that is only accessible to donators..

• Upvote 2

Something needs to be done for both safe and dangerous PKP / Item farming, so the later ones do sound like they would workout.  We don't need more OP shit though, we need more ways to keep people here.  More ways for noobs to get into the game and start risking.