Quick Max Cape Poll

Gretar

Do you think Max Cape should require stats to wear ?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Max Cape should require stats to wear ?

• Yes require level 99 in all combat stats.
    • No, require no levels to wear.

Shouldn't require stats imo also i think people that want these stats put in place are just being dumb. I don't think most people understand that a fire/god max cape has the same stats it's just worn for the cosmetic reasons. If they want stats added to these capes they should get stats added to normal god capes/fire capes then i would understand if we buffed max fire/god capes but we haven't.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Yoobs said:

Shouldn't require stats imo also i think people that want these stats put in place are just being dumb. I don't think most people understand that a fire/god max cape has the same stats it's just worn for the cosmetic reasons. If they want stats added to these capes they should get stats added to normal god capes/fire capes then i would understand if we buffed max fire/god capes but we haven't.

facts lool also 500 kills is 2 much 

Just now, SmokeyMontana said:

facts lool also 500 kills is 2 much 

I dont disagree i believe the NPC's should also drop the cape or make the cape tradable as 500 kills is too much for some people but personally i haven't found it too bad it's pretty afk till some random person comes up and tries to mage you :)

Agreed with Yoobs on the point that the capes are purely cosmetic versions of existing items, therefore the req. should be the same as those items:

God capes (magic ones) require 60 magic therefore this should be the req. for God max cape

Fire max cape should have no req. at all because even on RS there's like level 30s getting Fire cape

However, I think what Gretar is asking about is the Max cape itself fkTKmxx.png

For this item, since it has the exact same stats as ANY skill cape, I think the req. should be that you have at least 1 level 99 skill to equip it, doesn't matter which 99. It's very rare that anybody doesn't have a 99 though (even pures) so I don't think it's going to be a problem. IDK it would just look odd if someone walks around as level 3 combat in a Max cape, don't you?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Yoobs said:

the reason why it should require stats is to make the wildy alittle different, which means that it will limit pures from wearing em and give some value for fire cape ava .. 

Only if the stats are improved.

As the moment, I think the cape requirements are fine due to the capes not being anything special.

What I do want to point out is that Affliction is going for more of a genuine OSRS feel, and if we really do commit to this, then I reckon the requirements should be a little more realistic. But this is ONLY if we do commit to the new client, with the OSRS feel. ja feel

More pk kill capes! :D something worth earning :-)

Or....... hand cannon/korasi!

Range, mage need to be improved. They are so underpowered compared to melee. For example a guy in constant melee prayer can't be killed, or can rarely be killed because range/mage hits can never add up to melee hits/spec's. Korasi would also change the nhing world that everyone is used to! Just a thought!

Edited by ism0kepurp
  • Upvote 1

14 hours ago, ism0kepurp said:

More pk kill capes! :D something worth earning :-)

Or....... hand cannon/korasi!

Range, mage need to be improved. They are so underpowered compared to melee. For example a guy in constant melee prayer can't be killed, or can rarely be killed because range/mage hits can never add up to melee hits/spec's. Korasi would also change the nhing world that everyone is used to! Just a thought!

Ballista is the same idea as 'hand cannon' and toxic blowpipe will be implemented anytime soon hopefully. As long as Korasi sword or any other item related to Korasi gets implemented to OSRS, then we'll for sure think about adding it on Roat.