Forum Permissions (24/01/17)

Gretar

1 minute ago, J J said:

I wouldn't go that far, he's not the most active but he does the job, I just think sometimes he could like chill a bit and take it lighter side of things

I don't really post much but I do monitor plenty of things and thank you for the feedback will apply it.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Browsing said:

>Puts no effort into roat

>Shit forum staff

>gets forum admin

You would be surprised how much cleaning up he does, though he's not necessarily in the spot light my notifications are filled with John's actions.

Great work Gretar, another step in the right direction!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Zoradz said:

You would be surprised how much cleaning up he does, though he's not necessarily in the spot light my notifications are filled with John's actions.

Great work Gretar, another step in the right direction!

I understand where you're coming from but it's not like this is making the staff unbiased at all. Look at John's posts with the highest reputation. He has a problem with certain members that he feels a certain way about and having him as the only person with any responsibility is just a bad decision. I think having someone in a little more control of the forums would be a good thing, but John is biased and hasn't been quiet about it

• Upvote 1

This is such a stupid system like seriously?? Me, @Smackd@Bind U Dead and @Requiem Af all have had forums permissions removed which i more understand @Bind U Dead because he can be a bit trigger happy with the old forums bans and in-game bans but nonetheless you say you're introducing a biased-free system but your system is just to "report things and let John deal with them??" yet it's just going through one person to deal with all the forums punishments how the fuck is that not a biased system lmao? That's exactly why when the president in-act's something it has to go through congress you're basically promoting a dictatorship. 

Personally i'm the most active staff member on the forums and have done nothing but good updates for this forums and have not abused my forums permissions and have introduced a lot of cool content and improved the forums a lot i mean originally the new forums was my idea in the first place and something i really pushed for when i first got staff now and have worked on a lot of stuff and still planned on working on a lot of stuff. The fact that this update has just removed all my permissions without even so much as a how do you do is just ridiclious especially as i have done nothing but work hard on this forums and do my best on the forums no matter ewhat.

We basically have the same power as a normal player you expect us just to report someone and then let John handle it and that's the only person who can actually ban or deal with someone on the forums again makes no sense at all because John cannot always be on the forums and cannot always be online and isn't that active as it is i mean you could easily check the moderation log and see that me and Smackd handle most of the forums deleting,locking and removing. If our powers keep getting restricted and removed for no reason this game is going to become even more ridiclious you're basically promoting people being toxic on the forums but not in-game or vice versa because it wont matter as there is this sweet new system!!!.

Saying people get punished for in-game things on the forums and vice versa is also completely untrue and doesn't happen most cases people get punished on the forums and in-game is because their being toxic on the forums and in-game and many of them are repeat offenders and have always been doing this. People wonder why this game is so toxic but its because the most toxic players get so much more chances then the non-toxic players and this system isn't going to deter that behavior it's just going to promote it but yeah i doubt a single person agree's with this on the staff team and is not the direction i would hoped for this game to be taken in.

• Upvote 6

6 hours ago, J J said:

I wouldn't go that far, he's not the most active but he does the job, I just think sometimes he could like chill a bit and take it lighter side of things

So he's not the most active and does "the job" 80% of the community could do. ok lol

Don't see any reason why John even got staff and he hasn't done a good enough job to keep it. Has no idea how to do anything on the forums but hey let's make him forum admin and demote Yoobs right? Laughable shit staff update.

So basically, i just want to share my opinion so that everyone would understand this situation.

No offense or hate to @John as i really respect this guy.

First of all, the way the new system has been released isn't really a smart idea, i don't really think having a Single staff member could be able to handle every single forum punishment (as our community is extremely toxic) by his own without any help from us even though we're in-game staff members (Me,Yoobs,Smackd and Requiem af). Also, updating the forums and handling forums stuff by his own isn't an easy task, and that same staff member obviously wouldn't be on daily 24 7 in every timezone so there will be for sure lack of work that needs to be done. However, we haven't even done anything biased that made you to change the forums punishment system to this kind of system. Yoobs is one of the best staff memberi've ever seen so far, especially he worked on updating the forums and many other useful establishments and hard work he has done to support this server which i still disagree of him losing his spot on the forums.

49 minutes ago, Bind U Dead said:

So basically, i just want to share my opinion so that everyone would understand this situation.

No offense or hate to @John as i really respect this guy.

First of all, the way the new system has been released isn't really a smart idea, i don't really think having a Single staff member could be able to handle every single forum punishment (as our community is extremely toxic) by his own without any help from us even though we're in-game staff members (Me,Yoobs,Smackd and Requiem af). Also, updating the forums and handling forums stuff by his own isn't an easy task, and that same staff member obviously wouldn't be on daily 24 7 in every timezone so there will be for sure lack of work that needs to be done. However, we haven't even done anything biased that made you to change the forums punishment system to this kind of system. Yoobs is one of the best staff memberi've ever seen so far, especially he worked on updating the forums and many other useful establishments and hard work he has done to support this server which i still disagree of him losing his spot on the forums.

There aren't any "extremely toxic" people on the forums or in-game, you just seem to over exaggerate lol

The fact this has triggered the in-game staff team makes me think it's a good move. (No more abuse!!!1111 :kappa:)

IDK why you're crying about toxicity, since if you read the post, it clearly states you can hide/lock threads - which should be enough. Then John can deal with handing out punishments in his own time, who cares if he doesn't camp the forums 24/7, he still is checking regularly enough because forums seem pretty cool ATM! The only negative that I can see is that Yoobs was doing some good stuff changing themes for holiday seasons, and other stuff like that. Oh well

• Upvote 2

Demoting @Yoobs was just about the most unexpected move I think anyone could make on this server.

Everyone with half a brain knows he does most of the work around here. Also Smackd, Bind, and Dan are all exceptional staff members with (from what I have seen) reputable and fair behaviour. Having one person handle EVERY report is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of. I've been a part of many staff teams, and there has ALWAYS been multiple people handling reports. I have nothing against John, as he is mostly behind the scenes, but this is most definitely the most questionable decision I've seen on Roatz to date. (Other than promoting Bankai)

#FREEYOOBS Ks amk 

12 minutes ago, Tupac said:

Demoting @Yoobs was just about the most unexpected move I think anyone could make on this server.

Everyone with half a brain knows he does most of the work around here. Also Smackd, Bind, and Dan are all exceptional staff members with (from what I have seen) reputable and fair behaviour. Having one person handle EVERY report is the dumbest shit I've ever heard of. I've been a part of many staff teams, and there has ALWAYS been multiple people handling reports. I have nothing against John, as he is mostly behind the scenes, but this is most definitely the most questionable decision I've seen on Roatz to date. (Other than promoting Bankai)

#FREEYOOBS Ks amk 

You've mentioned several times Bankai is bad, yet I've never had a problem with him, he's a good staff member in my opinion. Dan has sometimes flipped on people over little things and handed out punishments that he's regretted (he told me this personally). And as for Yoobs, well I know from first-hand experience what he is capable of. And you can see from many reports against him. Yet he is still chief staff in-game, this isn't a demotion, more just a downgrade of FORUM powers, which are a different thing entirely. My point is, staff have friends, some people are treated better than others. I thought it shouldn't be like this, but I guess that's not actually possible. We all see things from a different point of view, and our own experiences. Also you seem to misunderstand, one person will be handling EVERY report, but those are just things which break forum rules so it's just managing posts - hardly a tough job on a small forum like this.

Just now, PK Guy said:

You've mentioned several times Bankai is bad, yet I've never had a problem with him, he's a good staff member in my opinion. Dan has sometimes flipped on people over little things and handed out punishments that he's regretted (he told me this personally). And as for Yoobs, well I know from first-hand experience what he is capable of. And you can see from many reports against him. Yet he is still chief staff in-game, this isn't a demotion, more just a downgrade of FORUM powers, which are a different thing entirely. My point is, staff have friends, some people are treated better than others. I thought it shouldn't be like this, but I guess that's not actually possible. We all see things from a different point of view, and our own experiences. Also you seem to misunderstand, one person will be handling EVERY report, but those are just things which break forum rules so it's just managing posts - hardly a tough job on a small forum like this.

Push Bankai's buttons and he will abuse the shit out of you.

He's mentioned how all the "100 retards" that have reported him for abuse will have no effect, and how he will perm mute people he does not like when he is promoted. I've got screens of him saying all this shit. He was reported but no1 cares lol. Bankai and I were always cool but I piped up to one of his alts (unknowingly) and my mates and I were all muted. Bankai is a hot head and complete disaster of a server support. The game would do fine without him in it.

Guest Someobserver

In some ways this is a much better system than the previous one, for the sole fact that it limits the number of potential staff who can abuse to one. If Gretar trusts John that much say what you will about him but that speaks volumes. Is John completely unbiased? hell no, because he's human; but I think you guys as a community should either trust your owners judgement or Johns ability to divide feelings and what constitutes as a rule break. If not, you're always welcome to document evidence if you feel you were wrongly punished and report it to Zoradz. However since John has not been demoted, you people should be able to ascertain that talks of John being biased are salt talk, unjustly saying he's not worth his salt. 

Yoobs is useful in the sense of all things punitive which is very useful but in excessive amounts disastrous, if you want someone gone you call the roatpkz mafia and they get their paid official to macban them, I jest when I used the word mafia, however it is most certainly a symbiotic relationship. He provides them with shortened sentences if they ever do get punished (Ex:Sinister/Craig), they provide him prestige by hyping him up, for example out of the in game staff members, he falls below average in activity the "staff feedback" threads are there do the math yourself, they say he's active on alts those of us who know his alts know it's hyperbole. Yoobs is under the belief that this community will go into disarray; if he's not spearheading his personal crusade of intolerance while preaching peace of how he used to be nice but had to toughen up for the betterment of the community is purely subjective. Roatpkz and most private servers have this unspoken rule of staff solidarity, because if they aren't united then the server seems weak, that being said I doubt it's all buddy-buddy, Yoobs threatening to quit for being slightly demoted to try out a new system and him bashing it and his fellow staff member John, and yes we noticed that "low-key" "Johns not all that active", it's childish, distasteful, more so because John right after stated Yoobs is a valued member. What Yoobs has never understood, and is actively trying to achieve (Tenure), in the sense that he wants job security, but apart from maybe Gretar for obvious reasons, and maybe Legend, there is no such thing you serve at the behest of the community. Once your bad attributes outweighs what you can bring to the table, you become a liability, for now his minor accomplishments with the forum skins, and the ridiculous praise I don't think he will ever grasp this simple concept of be bright in your community, not a blight thus he's off to a destructive path; no one should have pity because he did it to himself. I figure I'll just do what has been ignored for the two years he's been here, since there was no point and no one to go to; that being collecting evidence. In all honesty, most people would choose to have Robes back, or even Sinister. 

Just my 2 cents peace.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Pyd said:

Horrible decision, John is a fucking retard, throws out harsh punishments for people he doesn't like (me, taylor etc) and lets all the retards do what they want. Disgusting

False, EVERYONE on this forum is able to check your and taylor's post history and you will see my warnings against you guys are valid. People say I dislike Jake the only warnings he's received from me have been spam warnings which is him quoting without a response which is against the rules. 

10 hours ago, Browsing said:

2cc6a896939b6606d3de41ef87532819.png

unbiased af

Flame wars thread.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Guest Someobserver said:

In some ways this is a much better system than the previous one, for the sole fact that it limits the number of potential staff who can abuse to one. If Gretar trusts John that much say what you will about him but that speaks volumes. Is John completely unbiased? hell no, because he's human; but I think you guys as a community should either trust your owners judgement or Johns ability to divide feelings and what constitutes as a rule break. If not, you're always welcome to document evidence if you feel you were wrongly punished and report it to Zoradz. However since John has not been demoted, you people should be able to ascertain that talks of John being biased are salt talk, unjustly saying he's not worth his salt. 

Yoobs is useful in the sense of all things punitive which is very useful but in excessive amounts disastrous, if you want someone gone you call the roatpkz mafia and they get their paid official to macban them, I jest when I used the word mafia, however it is most certainly a symbiotic relationship. He provides them with shortened sentences if they ever do get punished (Ex:Sinister/Craig), they provide him prestige by hyping him up, for example out of the in game staff members, he falls below average in activity the "staff feedback" threads are there do the math yourself, they say he's active on alts those of us who know his alts know it's hyperbole. Yoobs is under the belief that this community will go into disarray; if he's not spearheading his personal crusade of intolerance while preaching peace of how he used to be nice but had to toughen up for the betterment of the community is purely subjective. Roatpkz and most private servers have this unspoken rule of staff solidarity, because if they aren't united then the server seems weak, that being said I doubt it's all buddy-buddy, Yoobs threatening to quit for being slightly demoted to try out a new system and him bashing it and his fellow staff member John, and yes we noticed that "low-key" "Johns not all that active", it's childish, distasteful, more so because John right after stated Yoobs is a valued member. What Yoobs has never understood, and is actively trying to achieve (Tenure), in the sense that he wants job security, but apart from maybe Gretar for obvious reasons, and maybe Legend, there is no such thing you serve at the behest of the community. Once your bad attributes outweighs what you can bring to the table, you become a liability, for now his minor accomplishments with the forum skins, and the ridiculous praise I don't think he will ever grasp this simple concept of be bright in your community, not a blight thus he's off to a destructive path; no one should have pity because he did it to himself. I figure I'll just do what has been ignored for the two years he's been here, since there was no point and no one to go to; that being collecting evidence. In all honesty, most people would choose to have Robes back, or even Sinister. 

Just my 2 cents peace.

Considering he's the most productive and useful staff member we have, I can't really agree with you. The only people that don't like Yoobs are the cancer kids that flame the shit out of this game. Even considering Yoobs to be a "liability" is downright retarded. I'd like to see you or anyone else for that matter put up with Aids-Scape, and deal with the 24/7 Toxicity in-game, unpaid. There isn't a moment of peace on this game, and in order to keep the toxicity levels at a reasonable level (by roatz standards), we can't have a pushover pussy in charge.

You guys bitch and moan on here when you get a mute or when staff show a sign of emotion, while on other big servers you cuss ONCE, or even say the word retard, and you get Perm-muted. Ex: Runique, a server MUCH bigger than this one.

On 24/01/2017 at 0:23 PM, Browsing said:

>Puts no effort into roat

>Shit forum staff

>gets forum admin

20 hours ago, Browsing said:

I understand where you're coming from but it's not like this is making the staff unbiased at all. Look at John's posts with the highest reputation. He has a problem with certain members that he feels a certain way about and having him as the only person with any responsibility is just a bad decision. I think having someone in a little more control of the forums would be a good thing, but John is biased and hasn't been quiet about it

19 hours ago, Browsing said:

2cc6a896939b6606d3de41ef87532819.png

unbiased af

19 hours ago, Browsing said:

So he's not the most active and does "the job" 80% of the community could do. ok lol

Don't see any reason why John even got staff and he hasn't done a good enough job to keep it. Has no idea how to do anything on the forums but hey let's make him forum admin and demote Yoobs right? Laughable shit staff update.

Want to stop sniping at John lmfao?

Every single post that you've put on this topic so far has been a direct attack at him for his past actions that happened months ago, and if you looked further into it you'll see that every single thing that had been said or done had a just reason behind it.

Just because you may not like him does not allow you to go deter other members of the community from him, because as has been said above, he does his job but doesn't promote the fact that he's doing anything. He's much more-so behind the scenes, so why are you getting lippy about it?

If you truly believe you can do a better job than him, apply for Server Support, maybe get the position and work your way up from their which I assume is what the majority of staff members did. 

You're targeting John and saying how he hasn't done a good enough job to maintain staff but yet we don't really know who you are, so I doubt anyone is going to take you seriously anyhow. Also, how do you know he "Has no idea how to do anything on forums"? Has he personally asked you for help for forum-related things? No? didn't think so. Shut up with your lies and deceit. No-one wants to hear it. 

Just because you probably got punished by him in the fact on a alt or some shit doesn't mean you should snipe him on forums.
Peace.

3 hours ago, Fancy Boots said:

Want to stop sniping at John lmfao?

Every single post that you've put on this topic so far has been a direct attack at him for his past actions that happened months ago, and if you looked further into it you'll see that every single thing that had been said or done had a just reason behind it.

Just because you may not like him does not allow you to go deter other members of the community from him, because as has been said above, he does his job but doesn't promote the fact that he's doing anything. He's much more-so behind the scenes, so why are you getting lippy about it?

If you truly believe you can do a better job than him, apply for Server Support, maybe get the position and work your way up from their which I assume is what the majority of staff members did. 

You're targeting John and saying how he hasn't done a good enough job to maintain staff but yet we don't really know who you are, so I doubt anyone is going to take you seriously anyhow. Also, how do you know he "Has no idea how to do anything on forums"? Has he personally asked you for help for forum-related things? No? didn't think so. Shut up with your lies and deceit. No-one wants to hear it. 

Just because you probably got punished by him in the fact on a alt or some shit doesn't mean you should snipe him on forums.
Peace.

Your protection of John without formulating an opinion on the updates themselves because you're a brainless spastic

-Nice

-Kool

Every single post I have made has been valid reason as to why this staff update has been a bad idea, so that makes it a personal attack? There's two topics about this subject in which I addressed the other staff members importance (in particular Yoobs) as opposed to just calling out John's lack of effort and desire in which I did in this topic.

"Just because you don't like him doesn't mean you have to deter him from other members" - Are you really that stupid? No, seriously? How could you type something that fucking stupid?
If someone was just given admin after months of being mod, how could my 4 posts have that much of an effect on the communities opinion?
-Well, I'll tell you how. He doesn't post and when he does it is low quality posts. And as for your assertion he does things "Behind the scenes" - That is incorrect. He hasn't given out a warning in the last 3 weeks, so where does the "behind the scenes" story you made up actually take up? A defiant lie to try to make your poor case?

So because I'm on a secondary account because I lost my other password that means my valid points don't mean anything? What world do you live in?
-He doesn't ask me directly for help, obviously? What is your point there? You're actually really stupid, I'm sorry. I wish I knew what you were trying to say there so I could actually address you but that makes no sense?

Yes, I'm obviously just mad because I "got punished" by him, even though he's been a mod for months and I haven't complained! It has absolutely nothing to do with the fact he hasn't earned his promotion! Thanks Fancy Boots, you're very intelligent!

On 1/24/2017 at 3:54 AM, Gretar said:

Hey everyone, I've recently changed some permissions on the forums. In-game staff members will no longer be able to hand out warning points on the forums or delete other peoples content, however they will still be able to hide content and report it.

This does not change a lot apart from not allowing in-game users to hand out warning points / ban users on here. They will have to go the same route as normal players by reporting the content and a Forum Moderator will go over it. (they can still hide content). I hope everyone understands this and I will try to find more non-bias Forum Moderators as time goes on (not much involved with in-game).

This update does not mean that you can break the rules on the forums but it removes the conflict from in-game and forums, so players can no longer be punished on here for something that happens in-game.

Current Ranks:
Normal Players:
Can report content.
In-Game Staff: ^ + hide/lock content
Global Staff / Forum Mods: ^ + give players warning points.
Forum Admins: ^ +  See IPs / Change Forum.

Thanks,
Gretar

ya well i guess as your cat i have 2 obey you so i +1 this shit