Any techy people here? I have a computer related question about the client

send help

Hey I have been playing for a while and recently my client has started to lag a lot and I opened up Task Manager and was very surprised to see that the roatpkz client was taking up over 70% cpu. I was like holy shit no wonder I'm lagging. I have asked several other people to open up their Task Manager and tell me how much their client was using and most people told me 10-25%. So from what I've gathered, this is pretty unusual. Also yes I have tried deleting the client and re-downloading it, restarting my computer, running malware scans (which didn't detect anything) etc.

Here is a screenshot

highcpu.png

Any help is greatly appreciated:)

1 hour ago, send help said:

Hey I have been playing for a while and recently my client has started to lag a lot and I opened up Task Manager and was very surprised to see that the roatpkz client was taking up over 70% cpu. I was like holy shit no wonder I'm lagging. I have asked several other people to open up their Task Manager and tell me how much their client was using and most people told me 10-25%. So from what I've gathered, this is pretty unusual. Also yes I have tried deleting the client and re-downloading it, restarting my computer, running malware scans (which didn't detect anything) etc.

Here is a screenshot

highcpu.png

Any help is greatly appreciated:)

What version of windows are you currently running? This may be due to one of the threads in your Java client hogging your CPU. You could try installing a Hot Thread Detector plug-in, although I'm no expert. 

Also, I've heard anti-virus realtime protection can cause this, although I am not sure how accurate that is. Could be worth a try.

Best of luck!

On 2/5/2017 at 9:08 PM, Tupac said:

What version of windows are you currently running? This may be due to one of the threads in your Java client hogging your CPU. You could try installing a Hot Thread Detector plug-in, although I'm no expert. 

Also, I've heard anti-virus realtime protection can cause this, although I am not sure how accurate that is. Could be worth a try.

Best of luck!

As Tupac said, Anti-Virus Realtime Protection can cause this problem sometimes with .Jar files. Try uninstalling your client and turning off Realitime,  Then re-download and see if that fixes the problem. 

• Upvote 1