GRANITE MAUL at ::Edgepvp

Gmaul at ::edgepvp  

34 members have voted

1. 1. GRANITE MAUL at ::Edgepvp/::Brid

• remove GRANITE MAUL from ::Edgepvp/::Brid
    • continue to allow GRANITE MAUL at ::Edgepvp/::Brid

Was just wondering what people think about granite maul at edgepvp

since it is very broken and requires little to no skill (hit 115 on whatever armour without skill) i dont like people using it

maybe if enough people want it gone then the rules could be changed

-IF THE GRANITE MAUL IS FIXED THEN KEEP IT(we all know its broken as fuck rofl)-

this is just my opinion, i think having gmaul at edgepvp ruins the fun a lot, with it being used there is no skill when it comes to kills (for the majority of the time)

KEEP gmaul at ::wests tho regardless.

if you wanna agsmaul then ::yell all hybrids to ::Wests SIMPLE

leave your thoughts regarding this topic below, anything off topic removed @Tupac @John

Edited by HICK0RY
  • Upvote 4

Tbh how do we know it's broken? I haven't checked the stats but to me it hits the same as on rs.

I think the real/only problem lies in the fact that accuracy of all combat styles is inexplicably wrong and broken.  

I think removing ags g maul just makes it harder to get kills on people whom are halfway decent. If we remove it, it will basically be impossible 

8 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

Tbh how do we know it's broken? I haven't checked the stats but to me it hits the same as on rs.

I think the real/only problem lies in the fact that accuracy of all combat styles is inexplicably wrong and broken.  

I think removing ags g maul just makes it harder to get kills on people whom are halfway decent. If we remove it, it will basically be impossible 

Agree that it should be kept due to the fact of making it impossible to kill good brids.

However, I do beleive its broken when I am receiving 192 xp drops on tank, way too often for it to be rng. 

The problem of its accurate high hits (on tank) also affects people who dh risk. People are legit waiting for 40 whips to x2 gmaul 30+'s

3 hours ago, Kihfan55 said:

This ^ but at the same time it's also annoying when an average/below average hybrid kills a decent hybrid with max hp combo just because of the rng so I support on the removal of gmaul from edgepvp unless they fix it

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, ReDe$igned said:

This ^ but at the same time it's also annoying when an average/below average hybrid kills a decent hybrid with max hp combo just because of the rng so I support on the removal of gmaul from edgepvp unless they fix it

this is my point, bad hybrids killing somewhat decent hybrids with just rng ags maul 75 47 dumb shit

dont understand what would be wrong with ppl yelling people to ::wests for ags amaul hybriding 

Haven't posted in a while so this is going to be long. Have wanted to weigh-in my thoughts on the G Maul being broken for a while, just never got around to doing heavy in-game testing with it to back up my words with stats. Anyway...

Veterans should know the way G Maul is broken is as follows:

Because of the instant-hit nature of the special attack for this weapon, RoatPkz couldn't handle the fast switches correctly. A person using a special attack from a different weapon and then directly switching to the G Maul special attack was able to 'carry over' the equipment bonus of the previous item. This lead to people stacking massive hits with AGS-Maul (the most common combo).

Gretar's "fix" for this is a cheap hack, he simply capped the G Maul's special attack max hit to 48 - so even if the hit would have been more than this, the game auto-corrects it to 48. Think of the coding here like something similar to the Dark bow, which has a base special attack hit of 8-8 with dragon arrows (regardless of the rest of your gear), never anything less (unless against ranged prayer OFC). In that sort of way, the G Maul is not allowed to hit above 48 with special attack. It can probably hit above 48 with a normal swing, but who's going to do that?

The interesting part is, you can hit the 48 spec regardless if you are 1 defence pure in Iron, or 126 Combat in a max set. The max hit of the spec is always the same. (Can't use the dummies to verify this BTW). My personal theory for this is because the "fast-switch" bug still remains and the damage cap doesn't stop the frequency of those 192 XP drops.

They are so common because, imagine when you swing the Maul spec, the game should pick a random number 0-48 right? Ignore the variables  for a second (such as your pot/pray/enemy's defence/etc) and assume each number has an equal chance to land. That's 49 total numbers (0, and then 1-48). This would mean the chance for a 48 hit is 1/49 = 2%. Now with the AGS-Maul bug, the Maul is basically treated as a second AGS, using it's bonuses for accuracy and strength to apply the hit. If you take this into consideration, the game now picks a random number based on the AGS max hit, so it will pick, say 0-80. But of course any hit over 48 is forced to be displayed as 48. (Like if you click your strength skill and type 9000 it will be force displayed as 99, because it's been capped to that). Now there is 81 total numbers to play with, but the chance of a 48 hit is 33/81 = 40% (basically if you were going to hit any number 48 to 80 then it registers as 48).

As far as I know this doesn't affect weapons with a weaker bonus than the Maul itself, example if you pull a DDS/D Claws/D Mace into a G Maul spec, you shouldn't be getting 48s, but it does work with AGS, SGS, ZGS, VLS, DWH. 

A lot of this post is conjecture, based on many years of playing this server and using the G Maul (until it was made unspawnable). I have discussed this with other link-minded players to arrive at this conclusion. None of this can be proven/disproven 100% by anyone other than Gretar or anyone else who has had access to the source file(s) that deal with this issue. 

Oh, almost forgot. Didn't vote because I have no opinion since I don't PK at ::brid, just wanted to use the opportunity to explain what (I think) is wrong with the Granite Maul. 

• Upvote 4
44 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

Haven't posted in a while so this is going to be long. Have wanted to weigh-in my thoughts on the G Maul being broken for a while, just never got around to doing heavy in-game testing with it to back up my words with stats. Anyway...

Because of the instant-hit nature of the special attack for this weapon, RoatPkz couldn't handle the fast switches correctly. A person using a special attack from a different weapon and then directly switching to the G Maul special attack was able to 'carry over' the equipment bonus of the previous item. This lead to people stacking massive hits with AGS-Maul (the most common combo).

Gretar's "fix" for this is a cheap hack, he simply capped the G Maul's special attack max hit to 48 - so even if the hit would have been more than this, the game auto-corrects it to 48. Think of the coding here like something similar to the Dark bow, which has a base special attack hit of 8-8 with dragon arrows (regardless of the rest of your gear), never anything less (unless against ranged prayer OFC). In that sort of way, the G Maul is not allowed to hit above 48 with special attack. It can probably hit above 48 with a normal swing, but who's going to do that?

The interesting part is, you can hit the 48 spec regardless if you are 1 defence pure in Iron, or 126 Combat in a max set. The max hit of the spec is always the same. (Can't use the dummies to verify this BTW). My personal theory for this is because the "fast-switch" bug still remains and the damage cap doesn't stop the frequency of those 192 XP drops.

They are so common because, imagine when you swing the Maul spec, the game should pick a random number 0-48 right? Ignore the variables  for a second (such as your pot/pray/enemy's defence/etc) and assume each number has an equal chance to land. That's 49 total numbers (0, and then 1-48). This would mean the chance for a 48 hit is 1/49 = 2%. Now with the AGS-Maul bug, the Maul is basically treated as a second AGS, using it's bonuses for accuracy and strength to apply the hit. If you take this into consideration, the game now picks a random number based on the AGS max hit, so it will pick, say 0-80. But of course any hit over 48 is forced to be displayed as 48. (Like if you click your strength skill and type 9000 it will be force displayed as 99, because it's been capped to that). Now there is 81 total numbers to play with, but the chance of a 48 hit is 33/81 = 40% (basically if you were going to hit any number 48 to 80 then it registers as 48).

As far as I know this doesn't affect weapons with a weaker bonus than the Maul itself, example if you pull a DDS/D Claws/D Mace into a G Maul spec, you shouldn't be getting 48s, but it does work with AGS, SGS, ZGS, VLS, DWH. 

A lot of this post is conjecture, based on many years of playing this server and using the G Maul (until it was made unspawnable). I have discussed this with other link-minded players to arrive at this conclusion. None of this can be proven/disproven 100% by anyone other than Gretar or anyone else who has had access to the source file(s) that deal with this issue. 

Oh, almost forgot. Didn't vote because I have no opinion since I don't PK at ::brid, just wanted to use the opportunity to explain what (I think) is wrong with the Granite Maul. 

@Gretar if this is true I want my sets back :kappa: 

4 hours ago, Gretar said:

no this is not true.

And is gmaul broken or just needs to be nerfed ?

Nerfed. The hits are way too accurate. You can't stand a change against ags gmaul bridders as example.

4 hours ago, Gretar said:

no this is not true.

And is gmaul broken or just needs to be nerfed ?

It even hits 40+ on dharok most of the time when u spec with gmaul.

Edited by Rijkerd2
edit.
On 21-3-2017 at 1:50 AM, PK Guy said:

thought this was common knowledge