Veterans

Castial

Since, there are new forums, there should be new rules for veteran since everyone has the same join date. 

- Veteran Rank is a closed group for members who joined in 2011 and 2012.

So, I wanted to go over this. The previous rules were must have been registered one year and one day (Forum wise). I was really looking forward to this coming December, obviously to claim my veteran status. 

However fate did not yield to that. Now I'm to pick a bone with the new requirements. 

If we give the actual definition of what a veteran is it says, a person who has had long experience in a particular field.

That's straight from google my friends. So, let's say someone registered December 31st of 2012 on the forums and quits, technically he or she could become a veteran since they meet the criteria if they come back. However they do not have a long experience in the field of which is known as Roatpkz. They merely got lucky. 

I'm going to list the cons.

- Cons -
- Ostracizing other members for never being able to become a veteran, if they did not join at least by 2012. 
- Divides the members, and sets a hierarchy from which a cancerous culture emerges. 
- Undermines the position itself, and belittles those who have it in due time. 
Rather I would want someone who has been active for at least a year, both on forums and the game and basically participates in the community. 

I'm going to go over a list of attributes for a veteran that I think should be used. 

- Active for about a year and a day (Same as the old one) both on game and forums. 
- Not exemplary behavior, however a person who is willing to be tolerant. 
- Continuous involvement, this can be shown by posting on update threads, being active on forums and having stimulating discussions or just showing that they're participating.  

Those 3 qualities are what a veteran should be in my opinion. 

1) Consistent in loyalty. 
2) Water personality (adaptability), basically able to change to the tides of the personalities. 
3) Eager to be here. 

- Thanks for reading. 

ur not a veteran if you've been here a year though

I think you should be, the old rules weren't horrible if you're active for more than a year and contribute to the community consistantly you're a veteran in my books.

I agree. I can't believe they changed the requirements lol. 

It did make sense though, since 60% of the forum posters were vets, lol.

Thanks for the support. 

This is true. Quality posts ≠ veteran. You have to have some level of loyalty to the server (at least 2 years I think) otherwise it wouldn't be for veterans at all.

An alternative would be a year of consistent activity and quality posts, and you must have donated 30 bucks minimum, that way you're financially tied to this community. 

i've never donated a penny to this server n i dare say i'm a veteran in this server. ive been around for time. it shouldnt go off donations. it should be 2-3 years to be a veteran to be honest otherwise its just a pointless rank that everyone has and theres no sense of prestige attatched to it

Fair point.

However, rather then the length of time exceeding 2 years, I'd rather focus on quality posts and a set of your peers judging if you're worthy to be a veteran. Staff could chip in as well. 

It's hard for some people who made their forums account really late, but played the actual server and are veterans. No one believes them because they are "randoms" because they aren't donators and don't cause flame with others.

Also, it doesn't matter if the person is hated or breaks rules he will still be a veteran. As you said the definition of a veteran :a person who has had long experience in a particular field. You can be hated in the military, but you will still be a veteran. 

I honestly hate this idea of being a veteran because it just causes flame. I was online yesterday and saw someone call someone new and I asked him how he can say that and his response was "I'm a veteran on the forums"

Useless info:

If you want to go according to the definition of a military veteran, then it would be someone who has served in the military (in this case played Roatpkz). This would mean a veteran is someone who has quit the game. 

nah it shouldn't be about quality posts that has nothing to do with being a Veteran. People don't have a say on if you are a Veteran either. 2-3 years is a Veteran. Only thing that makes you a Veteran.

It has everything to do with a veteran, I don't give two shits about someone who joined in 2011 and never played a day and managed to post for his or her veteran rank.

It's hard for some people who made their forums account really late, but played the actual server and are veterans. No one believes them because they are "randoms" because they aren't donators and don't cause flame with others.

Also, it doesn't matter if the person is hated or breaks rules he will still be a veteran. As you said the definition of a veteran :a person who has had long experience in a particular field. You can be hated in the military, but you will still be a veteran. 

I honestly hate this idea of being a veteran because it just causes flame. I was online yesterday and saw someone call someone new and I asked him how he can say that and his response was "I'm a veteran on the forums"

Useless info:

If you want to go according to the definition of a military veteran, then it would be someone who has served in the military (in this case played Roatpkz). This would mean a veteran is someone who has quit the game. 

I'm not using the military definition. Sorry to hear what they said to you. 

Just because a majority of them don't play anymore doesn't mean they are not a Veteran. 

If they don't contribute to the community they shouldn't have veteran rank, and if they come back and start contributing for a good while then they can apply for veteran rank again. 

When new players come, I want them to see active veterans, and wanting to strive for that rank and the only way possible is to be consistent in activity, quality posts, etc. 

If they don't contribute to the community they shouldn't have veteran rank, and if they come back and start contributing for a good while then they can apply for veteran rank again. 

When new players come, I want them to see active veterans, and wanting to strive for that rank and the only way possible is to be consistent in activity, quality posts, etc. 

Disagree with you there. It doesn't matter if they are active or not, they are still veterans who contributed before you played. So what if they didn't contribute now, they contributed though. Also, as you said the veteran definition doesn't say that you must contribute to receive the title. 

Disagree with you there. It doesn't matter if they are active or not, they are still veterans who contributed before you played. So what if they didn't contribute now, they contributed though. Also, as you said the veteran definition doesn't say that you must contribute to receive the title. 

Ranks are privileges at the end of the day, just because you donate for items doesn't mean those items can't be taken away or modified. It's literally in the TOS. 

4. We have the right to modify any item with out notification. 

I think we've already established what veterancy is on RoatPkz. 

Personally i'd like the rank to require more respect and maturity but this is after all a game, so who cares really.

What's the use of being a veteran tbh, just bragging rights saying you started this game before others. No real benefits.

What's the use of being a veteran tbh, just bragging rights saying you started this game before others. No real benefits.

I don't respect veterans anymore than I do anyone else, however it's just something for new players to strive for which is a good goal. 

Edited by Castial

Ranks are privileges at the end of the day, just because you donate for items doesn't mean those items can't be taken away or modified. It's literally in the TOS. 

4. We have the right to modify any item with out notification. 

No clue what you said right their. Donations are different from a veteran rank.

No clue what you said right their. Donations are different from a veteran rank.

No, donator is a rank, veteran is a rank. Staff is a rank, all ranks are privileges was my point. They can be taken and given away at Gretars expense. 

No, donator is a rank, veteran is a rank. Staff is a rank, all ranks are privileges was my point. They can be taken and given away at Gretars expense. 

Okay, still don't understand how that relates with people having to be active to have veteran rank.

Okay, still don't understand how that relates with people having to be active to have veteran rank.

Let me put this simple so you'll be able to understand. If you donated 3 years ago, and there's a new forums your donation won't mean shit, I've seen this countless times on different servers.If you don't do your job as staff you get demoted, If you don't contribute as a veteran consistently you lose the rank. 

All those ranks are privileges that need to be maintained. 

See the correlation now? 

Edited by Castial

Let me put this simple so you'll be able to understand. If you donated 3 years ago, and there's a new forums your donation won't mean shit, I've seen this countless times on different servers.If you don't do your job as staff you get demoted, If you don't contribute as a veteran consistently you lose the rank. 

See the correlation now? 

According to the source you used to define the word veteran, no where did it state you have to contribute...so why even use that to support your argument. 

See the correlation now? 

m8 Veteran on roat pkz is just being here for a long time. Simple.

You're trying to be smarter than you are.

• Upvote 1

According to the source you used to define the word veteran, no where did it state you have to contribute...so why even use that to support your argument. 

I was using the formal definition, and if you had read the thread Veteran is given if you automatically played in 2011 and 2012. That's not a long experience in a particular field. 

I've seen kids who recently came back and requested that shit and got it but never contributed to the community. 

This is why we're discussing it to settle it, also don't reflect your own inferiority complex to insinuate I'm trying to act smart. It's demeaning to the both of us. 

Edited by Castial

I was using the formal definition, and if you had read the thread Veteran is given if you automatically played in 2011 and 2012. That's not a long experience in a particular field. 

im ganna double post because this is too easy.

Roat pkz was open in 2011. If you played in 2011 or 2012 you have almost the most experience possible on roat pkz.

You're also contradicting yourself by saying playing since 201X isn't a lot of experience yet you want the req. to be shorter.

EDIT: this system only works when you don't have butthurt kids

X3ojsZX.png

Edited by Isaiah

Roat pkz was open in 2011. If you played in 2011 or 2012 you have almost the most experience possible on roat pkz.

You're also contradicting yourself by saying playing since 201X isn't a lot of experience yet you want the req. to be shorter.

No, as I've stated multiple times just by playing in 2011, 2012 you get the rank doesn't mean you played for a long time. 

What I said was that if you played 2011 consistently and contributed that's fine, however if you played for a day and got it fuck you. Don't put words in my mouth. There was no contradiction  

Also I down voted you because you used a straw-man point out where I said that or go fuck yourself. 

Edited by Castial

what 

"You're also contradicting yourself by saying playing since 201X isn't a lot of experience yet you want the req. to be shorter." 

I assume you meant 2011,and if you have played from 2011 constantly till now that is a lot of experience, however if you quit in 2011 and requested veteran now then no. 

Edited by Castial

Like Jason said, requirements for Veteran are always going to be controversial, but it never hurts (not sure tbh) to give an opinion.

Activity for Veteran has to matter. 'Expect' got Veteran because he played for a few months back in 2011/12. I don't believe that's worthy of veteran because he was so inactive for so long. I'm not trying to be bias, but someone like me who joined long ago and has been active for the majority of the time should be 'worthy' of veteran. I'm not saying the group should be cut exclusively at 2011/12 members though. The debate of join date requirement should be at minimum 2 years because 1 year seems too short in my opinion.

So basically; activity has to matter, join date of 2 years prior to receiving Veteran Rank.

seems fair to me rlly.

• Upvote 1

Like Jason said, requirements for Veteran are always going to be controversial, but it never hurts (not sure tbh) to give an opinion.

Activity for Veteran has to matter. 'Expect' got Veteran because he played for a few months back in 2011/12. I don't believe that's worthy of veteran because he was so inactive for so long. I'm not trying to be bias, but someone like me who joined long ago and has been active for the majority of the time should be 'worthy' of veteran. I'm not saying the group should be cut exclusively at 2011/12 members though. The debate of join date requirement should be at minimum 2 years because 1 year seems too short in my opinion.

So basically; activity has to matter, join date of 2 years prior to receiving Veteran Rank.

seems fair to me rlly.

Good post, and yup I agree for the most part. 

• Upvote 1

I agree and disagree, Gretar himself set the new requirements for veteran. I think people that have been active for a 2 years + deserve veteran in my eyes but its up to Gretar to decide the requirements.

Edited by Yoobs