Automated punishment system.

Basically a specific amount of time for a punished user. After the time slot is up, the system automatically Un-punishes the user, and the punishments get directly uploaded to a database viewable by the public for the public. That way any issues regarding the punishment itself can be quickly resolved, regardless of the time slot was incorrectly entered, or updated reason for the punishment. Also the player will have more information on why they got punishment, and can properly appeal. Rather than asking why they were punished etc. 

Pros: 

• People who rarely use the forum won't be punished for a longer period of time. 
  • If you a staff member forgets to Un-punish someone (Happens more than you think) the system has them covered. 
  • More information for the players will mean less hassle for everyone. 

Now, I'm going to answer some questions that were brought to my attention. Realize I'm not the one in charge just offering my advice. 

Cons:

• Will the player be able to appeal the slotted time or do they have to ride it out?: Hopefully they can appeal. 
  • How does the staff member pick a time scale for the punishment?: It all depends on the circumstance, hopefully the staff rule with their head and not emotions however. 

Examples being, ::b "Gretar" 3d r: Tyrant behavior. 

::m "castial" 5d r: Exposing truth. 

Edited by Castial
  • 2 weeks later...