Conor Vs Floyd

Matt

Conor vs Floyd boxing match of the year  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you want to win?

• Conor mcgregor
    • Floyd mayweather

Thoughts, Opinions, If they do end up fighting which seems like it's going to happen, Who do you think would win and why? 

My opinion I say Conor, been a big fan for a while now and just love his attitude towards fighting and life in general and he's at his prime ATM ( Imo ) and I'd like for him to win. 

in MMA, Conor easily.

Floyd is in his 40's now, and without a single defeat one of if not the best undisputed boxer that there was. His record speaks for itself.
At the moment however, he would only step into the ring with Conor for the money, but this dude is loaded so why would he want to wreck his flawless record? This fight wont happen. 
Conor is a stand-up fighter in MMA sure, but in boxing Floyd would probably play it safe and go for points and win that way. He'd just outbox him through all the rounds and gas conor out as they only go what, 3 rounds? 

Imo Floyd would win in boxing, Conor without a doubt in MMA. They're completely different sports.

But I'd put money on this fight not happening. Conor's only called him out for the payday, and Floyd would only accept for money as well, but when you have made over 300M in 1 night, i think he'd rather just keep his flawless record and reputation. 

The obvious tactic would be to bring Floyd to the ground, didn't work out too well for Ronda Rousey when she fought that boxer in fact she got her ass beat so hard she contemplated suicide real talk. Floyd will obviously have MMA training he might not even to polish that if it's a strictly boxing match, Floyd has ultimate defense and evasion while his specialty lies in counter punching. Two top athletes which train their bodies every single day, on the other hand we know Connor lost one fight to Nate Diaz but automatically won the rematch so props to him. Connors main weakness lies in being exhausted quickly he's improved, however in boxing matches? 12 rounds of like 3 minutes each. If Connor could somehow get a choke hold or even hold Floyd down for it to be a ground match he'd have a significant chance of winning. 

Overall though? Floyds got faster punches and could easily defend against Connors Brazilian kicks or variations, I'd have to give it to Floyd. 

1 hour ago, Wtf Safer said:

Dude mayweather wouldn't stand a chance vs mcgregor lol

We will have to wait and see brother :P 

57 minutes ago, genj said:

Not a fan of Connor but hes going to win for sure

Can't lie the dude got heart 

33 minutes ago, Fancy Boots said:

in MMA, Conor easily.

Floyd is in his 40's now, and without a single defeat one of if not the best undisputed boxer that there was. His record speaks for itself.
At the moment however, he would only step into the ring with Conor for the money, but this dude is loaded so why would he want to wreck his flawless record? This fight wont happen. 
Conor is a stand-up fighter in MMA sure, but in boxing Floyd would probably play it safe and go for points and win that way. He'd just outbox him through all the rounds and gas conor out as they only go what, 3 rounds? 

Imo Floyd would win in boxing, Conor without a doubt in MMA. They're completely different sports.

But I'd put money on this fight not happening. Conor's only called him out for the payday, and Floyd would only accept for money as well, but when you have made over 300M in 1 night, i think he'd rather just keep his flawless record and reputation. 

True I get what you're saying but if the fight does happen I think Conor would have a good chance he's a good fighter overall and it's a lot of money to be put on the table also Conor said after this fight with Floyd he's no longer gonna be fighting ( I think I seen in a interview somewhere) but he's probably saying that cause he knows they are going to fight but yeah Floyd does like to dance around the ring a lot so 

24 minutes ago, Vulnicura said:

If its going yo happen it will be a boxing match. So mayweather has this in the bag

Conor is a good boxer, Look up on YouTube before judging a book by its cover lel but yeah Floyd does have the advantage of being a boxer and fighting so many ppl in just that style of fighting but I still got money on Conor 

21 minutes ago, Estimated said:

Floyd isn't dumb. He'll outbox him and play it smart, though i agree with fancy boots i doubt that shit will happen :( 

I agree he isn't dumb he plays everything defensive wise, Andre explains it perfectly I think on how May weather boxes but I hope it does end up happening would be one hell of a fight 

18 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

Mcreggor won't even hit him if it does happen 

We'll see 

11 minutes ago, Taylor said:

money mayweather 

meh 

32 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

Floyd easily :P 

That's what the people wants you to think L o L 

6 minutes ago, Sage fest said:

The obvious tactic would be to bring Floyd to the ground, didn't work out too well for Ronda Rousey when she fought that boxer in fact she got her ass beat so hard she contemplated suicide real talk. Floyd will obviously have MMA training he might not even to polish that if it's a strictly boxing match, Floyd has ultimate defense and evasion while his specialty lies in counter punching. Two top athletes which train their bodies every single day, on the other hand we know Connor lost one fight to Nate Diaz but automatically won the rematch so props to him. Connors main weakness lies in being exhausted quickly he's improved, however in boxing matches? 12 rounds of like 3 minutes each. If Connor could somehow get a choke hold or even hold Floyd down for it to be a ground match he'd have a significant chance of winning. 

Overall though? Floyds got faster punches and could easily defend against Connors Brazilian kicks or variations, I'd have to give it to Floyd. 

Yeah I know he was really tired the first time he got in the ring with Diaz but improved tremendously the second time getting in the ring with him, Also Ronda was just a hype beast she fought people that weren't even in her rank yet and when she beat them they would call her the best, After losing to holly it all went down hill and then the last fight after one punch she froze and got her ass beat and decided to quit lol anyway yeah Floyd is a very smart fighter always on defense and is fast but I think Conor got a chance and will be playing defensive hard as well 

Interesting topic, it's being discussed alot around fighting fans, however, I personally think this is just a waste of time

The idea of putting an undefeated world champion boxer in a boxing fight against an MMA fighter that doesn't even have half the experience the boxer has pretty much speaks for itself

Two different sports, however they are both stand up fighters, but Floyd would still win without a doubt because this is his thing, he's the best boxer in my opinion, don't take my word for it, look at his score and reputation

Don't get me wrong, Conor is one of the best MMA fighters right now, but a boxing fight with Floyd would be like boxing with God

This fight won't happen, Conor is just using Floyd's name for even more attention, I'm pretty sure he knows he'd lose the first three rounds against Floyd

• Upvote 1

In a boxing ring it wouldn't even be a contest. I fucking hate Floyd but he's an incredibly technical and talented boxer.

In the octagon or on the street Floyd would be man handled. Floyd is not known for his power punches, and couldn't possibly gas someone that specializes in MMA in that type of setting. 

If it's true that conor agreed to a boxing match, then Floyd will duck and weave, and dance around conor as he's done to his previous opponents. The fact that this is even a discussion is retarded

• Upvote 1

Pretty sure they're the same weight (~), imagine how much less energy u exert being on the ground for a good portion of a fight vs Floyds body being used to standing up and moving continuously. Conor would tire so fast and I think we would see how hard Floyd actually punches lol. If they fought I would predict Floyds first knockout in a while (and if that's not enough of a hot take, I predict it by the 5th round)

@Pyd nate diaz would be a better fight uok

Edited by Kihfan55
Just now, Kihfan55 said:

Pretty sure they're the same weight (~), imagine how much less energy u exert being on the ground for a good portion of a fight vs Floyds body being used to standing up and moving continuously. Conor would tire so fast and I think we would see how hard Floyd actually punches lol. If they fought I would predict Floyds first knockout in a while

Floyd has soft hands. Victor Ortiz was the first opponent that Floyd had "knocked out" in 12 years and at his age I find it improbable that he would knock out mcgregor. TKO maybe, KO, not a chance.

2 hours ago, Smackd said:

Pretty sure they agreed on it being a boxing match, if so then Floyd wins effortlessly lol

No shit @ the first part lmfao and no ur just a hater noob

2 hours ago, Mike said:

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/ufc/617262/Gokan-Saki-signs-with-UFC-UFC-Rotterdam

I vote for Turkish Tyson to KO both of them since he's left Glory and officially joined #UFC.

ON-TOPIC: This match won't happen, trust

It will happen, Trust 

1 hour ago, Alt said:

Interesting topic, it's being discussed alot around fighting fans, however, I personally think this is just a waste of time

The idea of putting an undefeated world champion boxer in a boxing fight against an MMA fighter that doesn't even have half the experience the boxer has pretty much speaks for itself

Two different sports, however they are both stand up fighters, but Floyd would still win without a doubt because this is his thing, he's the best boxer in my opinion, don't take my word for it, look at his score and reputation

Don't get me wrong, Conor is one of the best MMA fighters right now, but a boxing fight with Floyd would be like boxing with God

This fight won't happen, Conor is just using Floyd's name for even more attention, I'm pretty sure he knows he'd lose the first three rounds against Floyd

Ali was the best boxer imo and yeah it's different styles of fighting but u have to know how to box to be a mma  fighter lol and Conor hasn't been boxing for as long as Conor but I still think it will be a good fight and it will bring in so much money and views too 

1 hour ago, Killbob said:

Hug fight v2

Was thinking the same thing after manny lmfao

1 hour ago, Tupac said:

In a boxing ring it wouldn't even be a contest. I fucking hate Floyd but he's an incredibly technical and talented boxer.

In the octagon or on the street Floyd would be man handled. Floyd is not known for his power punches, and couldn't possibly gas someone that specializes in MMA in that type of setting. 

If it's true that conor agreed to a boxing match, then Floyd will duck and weave, and dance around conor as he's done to his previous opponents. The fact that this is even a discussion is retarded

I agree with what u said but it's not retarded speaking about it, Go find ur dubstep beat noob 

1 hour ago, Kihfan55 said:

Pretty sure they're the same weight (~), imagine how much less energy u exert being on the ground for a good portion of a fight vs Floyds body being used to standing up and moving continuously. Conor would tire so fast and I think we would see how hard Floyd actually punches lol. If they fought I would predict Floyds first knockout in a while (and if that's not enough of a hot take, I predict it by the 5th round)

@Pyd nate diaz would be a better fight uok

Yeah well Conor would have to work really hard on cardio and defense fighting Floyd but he isn't impossible to beat he is only human like the rest of us lol he's just very good at playing defense and using smart tactics around the ring and he doesn't punch hard really he throws mostly jabs and runs around and dodges and weaves most the fight 

1 hour ago, Tupac said:

Floyd has soft hands. Victor Ortiz was the first opponent that Floyd had "knocked out" in 12 years and at his age I find it improbable that he would knock out mcgregor. TKO maybe, KO, not a chance.

48 minutes ago, SmokeyMontana said:

lmfao niggas are talking about connor putting floyd in a choke its a boxing match fam 

Fr lol

Edited by Matt
  • Upvote 1
17 minutes ago, Pedro said:

if you think Conor would even have the slightest chance boxing Floyd you're delusional and don't understand the sport. Conor would kill Floyd in MMA but Floyd would school Conor boxing

Yeah I think we've realized that if you haven't read any of the replys I've gotten on the post lol but yeah Conor is not as bad of a boxer as everyone try's to make it out to be everyone just keeps speaking on the fact that they are both two different type of fighters and putting them in the same sport is wrong cause Conor is a mma fighter which I think is stupid as fuck only way can find out is if they fight so 

7 minutes ago, Tupac said:

@Matt I don't mean to take shots at you

what I mean is the fact that this is even an event at all. 

I didn't take it offensive I was only playing around with you lol but yeah its stupid but would be very entertaining and thrilling to watch, at least for me

3 hours ago, Matt said:

We will have to wait and see brother :P 

Can't lie the dude got heart 

True I get what you're saying but if the fight does happen I think Conor would have a good chance he's a good fighter overall and it's a lot of money to be put on the table also Conor said after this fight with Floyd he's no longer gonna be fighting ( I think I seen in a interview somewhere) but he's probably saying that cause he knows they are going to fight but yeah Floyd does like to dance around the ring a lot so 

Conor is a good boxer, Look up on YouTube before judging a book by its cover lel but yeah Floyd does have the advantage of being a boxer and fighting so many ppl in just that style of fighting but I still got money on Conor 

I agree he isn't dumb he plays everything defensive wise, Andre explains it perfectly I think on how May weather boxes but I hope it does end up happening would be one hell of a fight 

We'll see 

meh 

That's what the people wants you to think L o L 

Yeah I know he was really tired the first time he got in the ring with Diaz but improved tremendously the second time getting in the ring with him, Also Ronda was just a hype beast she fought people that weren't even in her rank yet and when she beat them they would call her the best, After losing to holly it all went down hill and then the last fight after one punch she froze and got her ass beat and decided to quit lol anyway yeah Floyd is a very smart fighter always on defense and is fast but I think Conor got a chance and will be playing defensive hard as well 

He is a decent bixer but nowhere near floyd lol