Combat System Re-Work + New client

Mead

I'd like to know if you plan on modifying the combat system on Roat Pkz to one that is similar to Current OSRS instead of using the same outdated 317 garbage for lower ranked servers. Isn't the goal for this server to appeal to a bigger PK based community who take notice of such things.

As much as I like this server it's really broken. Most noticeably range formula is all over the place same goes for magic being far too accurate with weaker gear vs higher tier gear and vice versa & melee vs melee sticks out like a sore thumb.

With that being said I understand this a beginner server for people just starting up pking but I'd really like to see it go past that. 

Especially with OSRS newer items some examples being the Ballista & Ancestral robes etc, it will just unbalance the game even more on Roat Pkz if you don't take into account the combat system, as one or the other items will be the most dominant and everyone will use because of the game not being balanced enough.

Combat system breakdown:

Accuracy & Damage taking into account of Defensive Armour

• Melee Accuracy and Damage Vs Melee Defensive Armour (Def Bonuses +Stab +Slash +Crush)
  • Ranged Accuracy & Damage Vs Ranged Defensive Armour  (Def Bonuses +Range)
  • Magic Accuracy & Damage Vs Magical Defensive Armour  (Def Bonuses +Magic)

Accuracy & Damage with Protection Prayer

• Magic Accuracy & Damage Vs Protect Magic
  • Ranged Accuracy & Damage Vs Protect Range 
  • Melee Accuracy & Damage Vs Protect Range 

Strength Bonus Vs Lower Defensive Gear (I.E Robes)

• Melee Strength based Damaged increased accordingly vs Weaker Defensive gear

All the above will apply to Weapons, Armour (Including Void), Ammo, Spells, Boosted stats, Protection Prayers & Bonus increasing Prayers. 

I'd like to hear specifically from @Salad @Gretar

I can also include video examples if you request.   

Other views & opinions are welcome

Edited by Mead
  • Upvote 3

@Salad @Gretar

As someone who has played this server for God knows long it has been a consistent complaint of the pkers but nothing has been able to be done.

When I spoke to another person familiar with java they said fixing all of the problems that we have in regards to the combat is all about being able to do math

To be pessimistic, everything you have said here has been said 1m times one way or another, but the way you worded it is definitely coming from a place of knowledge and maybe that will help our devs more ideally pinpoint the problem (vs the rest of us who just say the cb is shit and whine for a paragraph)

I like this

• Upvote 2