Debate/Serious Discussion

Just now, Tupac said:

It would just be a branch of flame wars, seeing as it's be a place for red necks to vent.

True but that's the fun of it. Lock/delete threads that you don't see going anywhere.

I think the good threads could be very enlightening (or brainwashing :P) for some people that aren't well-versed on certain subjects

Just now, Same Sea said:

that's the beauty of it

have me ratted newb thinking same lol ?

• Upvote 1

Out of curiosity what would you like to discuss in particular? as an example. I hope it's possible if it's actual intelligent debate, not as "ignorant as they want as long as they support it". For example something racist, or just any opinion not backed up because then you're just venting and not having a healthy discussion on why you think that or don't. If you're not willing to defend your opinion why spend the effort? 

18 minutes ago, Sage fest said:

Out of curiosity what would you like to discuss in particular? as an example. I hope it's possible if it's actual intelligent debate, not as "ignorant as they want as long as they support it". For example something racist, or just any opinion not backed up because then you're just venting and not having a healthy discussion on why you think that or don't. If you're not willing to defend your opinion why spend the effort? 

3 hours ago, Kihfan55 said:

True but that's the fun of it. Lock/delete threads that you don't see going anywhere.

I think the good threads could be very enlightening (or brainwashing :P) for some people that aren't well-versed on certain subjects

I also explained what I'd like to discuss :P Poltics aren't very broad for people 15-25 but if anyone were to go in depth on things not many people know about and people are interested, they'd go research it more. All that most people on here would say is why they like/dislike Trump/French election and other things very public.

Edit: Also we could probably generate more forum activity if we got more people wanting to share their opinion on sensitive subjects.

I made a thread about the Manchester bombing but I didn't feel like I had a platform to express how I felt and how it effected me. I think something like this could definitely let people feel like their opinion will be heard about non-RS related things

Edited by Kihfan55
  • Upvote 1
13 minutes ago, Kihfan55 said:

I also explained what I'd like to discuss :P Poltics aren't very broad for people 15-25 but if anyone were to go in depth on things not many people know about and people are interested, they'd go research it more. All that most people would say is why they like/dislike Trump/French election and other things very public.

Nah I saw the topics you listed I merely meant what particularly, Trump/French election is what I assumed, if it's all about enlightening people to research and have a new perspective then I'm all for it. 

I'm still incredulous if any topics go anywhere but we'll see. 

Edited by Sage fest