Fixes and updates for the new client (07)

shitspy67

All or at the very least most of this should be done to enable active and enjoyable pking throughout the wilderness as well as a balanced server in general, Roat is a PK server but it has one of the most incomplete wildernesses I've ever seen, with the new client and these updates the game would be improved immensely. The new client alone would be a huge disappointment as nothing would really change, a lot of server sided updates are also required. There is much more than this but I've started from the bottom.

-rework entire combat formula, stop buffing and nerfing individual items, the items should just work off the combat formula using equipment stats, if an item is over/under powered it's the combat formula not the item, in the case of an items special attack being under/over powered then it could also be the special attack which is incorrectly coded, you can find all of the special attack boosts on 2007wiki. Adding individual buffs to items just creates a messy combat system which changes in unexpected ways update to update (here's some help with the combat system: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?317,318,712,65587452)

-remove gorillas or at the very least make the impossible to box (e.g. they hit more than a player would) but in all seriousness they should be deleted

-add all correct wilderness npc's

-dspear not shoving frozen opponents

-dspear not cancelling opponents current action (e.g. movement)

-ladder glitch at kbd

-remove dragon cape, earth cape, water cape

-fix 2 tick delay on projectiles (range and mage)

-add antivenom+ to pkp shop

-add correct poison immunity with sanfews

-fix following

-remove ::ragdefence(on/off) (was a temporary fix anyway) or at least restrict its effectiveness only to ::brid and edgeville, as it is nuisance for new players and will put them off the server when they cannot fight anyone

-fix lessar demons at kbd entrance running through fences (and all monsters running through obstacles)

-monsters should not hit on the same tick as they spawn (they can be instantly aggressive but not hit)

-correct multi lines (I hear this is being done with the new client) can't believe this hasn't been fixed sooner

-fix attacking with melee from 3 steps away

-fix magic projectiles, currently there is no projectile (for barrage) and opponents are just frozen instantly, the freeze should land once the projectile has hit, just as with range

-remove pre made (not preset) kits

-once you leave the wilderness you should not be able to change your combat for 2 minute

-teleblock should expire once you leave the wilderness

-you should not be able to use a preset kit for 2 minutes after leaving the wilderness

-untradebles should break on death in pvp and must be repaired for pkp, the killer would get a percentage of the repair cost

-imbued rings would be dropped as the unimbued version plus a percentage of the cost to imbue it

-add run energy

-add stamina potions

-add special attack bars to all items that have them on rs (e.g. acb) (special attacks don't need to be added right away but the bars are very useful)

-remove incorrect objects (tree at lumber yard) hopefully the new client will fix this with updated maps but if not - here ya go.

-to get imbued rings unimbued rings should have to be imbued for 200 pkp ea

-remove divine (reimburse pkp current price 20-25k)

-reset ely (again reimburse pkp) and add the effect (gfx also - https://i.gyazo.com/7764f37aa12f2fb28b217ab210351d9b.gif), lower its drop rate so it becomes a very high value item as it is on rs - if the effect is added and its price remains the same it will be way too OP

-all correct pvp related gfx and animations (e.g. new 07 teleblock gfx), they will all be in the new client so configure them correctly server sided

-if you want this to be an 07 server remove all of the non-07 items (e.g. PvP armour) if you don't want it to be an 07 server w/e

-44s teleport should be outside (to the west) of the obelisk

-black chins teleport (add a boss or something (not something u can box lmao))

-lumber yard teleport

-fix ring of recoil deleting all rings when it uses up one also ability to check charges remaining

-remove roat switching mode and imrpove osrs switching mode - https://forum.roatpkz.com/index.php?/topic/11832-osrs-switching-ft-roat-pkz-switching-bug-abuse/

-scales should deplete at same rate as rs

-make - fury, crystal shield, wizard boots, dragon boots, freminik rings, rangers, robin hood hat, dragon square shield, dragon full helm, godswords, whips, crystal shield - unspawnable and add to pkp shops

-following on from above full overhaul of the item prices from store as shown below

price changes

dclaws - upped to 2k (hopefully if combat is updated they will become more viable)

blessed spirit shield - 300

master wand - 150

mages book - 450

bandos tassets - 600

bandos chestplate - 400

malediction ward - 300

odium ward  - 250

infinity - 75 per piece

karil top - 50

universal tab - 1

new items

tent whip - 3k

fury - 300

antivenom+ - 5

crystal seed - 3k (can be converted into bow or shield for 2k (5k total) and reverts back to crystal seed if not protected death, also both items should degrade back to seed with use)

wizard boots - 50

dragon boots - 75

whip - 50

ranger boots - 100

robin hood hat - 50

dragon sq - 250

dragon full helm - legit don't care just shouldn't be spawnable lmao

zgs - 4k

sgs - 3k (alch value above tent whip)

bgs - 3.5k

warrior ring - 50

berserker ring - 110

seers ring - 70

archer ring - 70

Edited by shitspy67
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shitspy67 said:

Everything I deleted is fixed on the new client.

-remove gorillas or at the very least make the impossible to box (e.g. they hit more than a player would) but in all seriousness they should be deleted 

Why?

-add antivenom+ to pkp shop Believe it's being done, but support.

-once you leave the wilderness you should not be able to change your combat for 2 minute ????? why

-teleblock should expire once you leave the wilderness It's a perk for super donators and will stay that way.

-you should not be able to use a preset kit for 2 minutes after leaving the wilderness Has been discussed, an appropriate time limit would need to be decided on.

-untradebles should break on death in pvp and must be repaired for pkp, the killer would get a percentage of the repair cost Could be discussed

-imbued rings would be dropped as the unimbued version plus a percentage of the cost to imbue it 

-add run energy No support

-to get imbued rings unimbued rings should have to be imbued for 200 pkp ea So essentially just a 70% more expensive imbued ring than we currently have???

-reset ely (again reimburse pkp) and add the effect (gfx also - https://i.gyazo.com/7764f37aa12f2fb28b217ab210351d9b.gif), lower its drop rate so it becomes a very high value item as it is on rs - if the effect is added and its price remains the same it will be way too OP Lower drop rate could be considered

-44s teleport should be outside (to the west) of the obelisk Literally makes no difference but could be added

-black chins teleport (add a boss or something (not something u can box lmao)) 100% support

-lumber yard teleport Support

-make - fury, crystal shield, wizard boots, dragon boots, freminik rings, rangers, robin hood hat, dragon square shield, dragon full helm, godswords, whips, crystal shield - unspawnable and add to pkp shops No support too many people would complain

Reveal hidden contents

price changes

dclaws - upped to 2k (hopefully if combat is updated they will become more viable)

master wand - 150

mages book - 450

bandos tassets - 600

bandos chestplate - 400

malediction ward - 300

odium ward  - 250

infinity - 75 per piece

karil top - 50

universal tab - 1

new items

tent whip - 3k

fury - 300

antivenom+ - 5

crystal seed - 3k (can be converted into bow or shield for 2k (5k total) and reverts back to crystal seed if not protected death, also both items should degrade back to seed with use)

wizard boots - 50

dragon boots - 75

whip - 50

ranger boots - 100

robin hood hat - 50

dragon sq - 250

zgs - 4k

bgs - 3.5k

warrior ring - 50

berserker ring - 110

seers ring - 70

archer ring - 70

Edited by Tupac

Was going to quote what you said and answer each little comment but cba it's too long, most of what you said has been done already in the new client and anything else has already been suggested. I don't agree with most of your price change decisions but i think the prices of items do need to be looked into for some, mainly just occult and tent being in the vote store is really annoying imo. 

Everything I deleted is fixed on the new client. - Simply untrue most of these are server sided and therefore it's literally impossible to fix with a "new client" but regardless we don't know when this client is going to be released, these updates should just be done now.

Why? - Can't believe I actually have to explain this but they are not there on rs, they are located in one of the worst clipped areas in the wilderness and you can box them indefinitely, which is broken as fuck if you don't think they are then jesus.

-once you leave the wilderness you should not be able to change your combat for 2 minute ????? why - getting a kill, leaving then changing your combat to loot the kill is unrealistic and simply broken again if you can't see this just lol.

-teleblock should expire once you leave the wilderness It's a perk for super donators and will stay that way. - lmao cringe

-you should not be able to use a preset kit for 2 minutes after leaving the wilderness Has been discussed, an appropriate time limit would need to be decided on. - good, should be a limit that if people have return sets in there bank they can beat.

-untradebles should break on death in pvp and must be repaired for pkp, the killer would get a percentage of the repair cost Could be discussed - makes killing welfare's more worthwhile

-add run energy No support - literally what lmao, it's a pk server with no run energy, that's dumb af.

-to get imbued rings unimbued rings should have to be imbued for 200 pkp ea So essentially just a 70% more expensive imbued ring than we currently have??? - NO. works with 

-reset ely (again reimburse pkp) and add the effect (gfx also - https://i.gyazo.com/7764f37aa12f2fb28b217ab210351d9b.gif), lower its drop rate so it becomes a very high value item as it is on rs - if the effect is added and its price remains the same it will be way too OP Lower drop rate could be considered

-44s teleport should be outside (to the west) of the obelisk Literally makes no difference but could be added - holy fuck this makes a huge difference, if you tele to 44s in max you could be insta teled to 50s and get banged out.

-black chins teleport (add a boss or something (not something u can box lmao)) 100% support

-lumber yard teleport Support

-make - fury, crystal shield, wizard boots, dragon boots, freminik rings, rangers, robin hood hat, dragon square shield, dragon full helm, godswords, whips, crystal shield - unspawnable and add to pkp shops No support too many people would complain - Stop basing your server on what the current playerbase would think, you don't have many active players this would be to make the server more attractive to new and legitimate pkers. Would also improve the ragging problem immensely

@Tupac

8 hours ago, JBLIND™ said:

Was going to quote what you said and answer each little comment but cba it's too long, most of what you said has been done already in the new client and anything else has already been suggested. I don't agree with most of your price change decisions but i think the prices of items do need to be looked into for some, mainly just occult and tent being in the vote store is really annoying imo. 

As I said above a new client cannot fix server sided issues. Yes I wanted to add occult in pkp store to this thread but now I cannot edit it lol.

4 minutes ago, koelkast public relations said:

Yes and what I'm saying is it's irrelevant if the new capabilities are not implemented server side.

They are though, Gretar is doing them on the beta, i've been on there helping him out test shit 

5 minutes ago, JBLIND™ said:

They are though, Gretar is doing them on the beta, i've been on there helping him out test shit 

give him this list then please, also made this forum account to get donator so i could edit my posts and make a more in depth version of this thread as people were asking a lot of questions but it hasn't worked?

Edited by koelkast public relations

i'm way too lazy to reply to all of those but with the ely one, if that we're to be implemented would we add the divine effect from pre eoc(~30% damage soak 100% of the time) into the game? currently the divine is pretty shit as its only marginally better than the ely and more than 3x the cost.

• Upvote 1

-rework entire combat formula, stop buffing and nerfing individual items, the items should just work off the combat formula using equipment stats, if an item is over/under powered it's the combat formula not the item, in the case of an items special attack being under/over powered then it could also be the special attack which is incorrectly coded, you can find all of the special attack boosts on 2007wiki. Adding individual buffs to items just creates a messy combat system which changes in unexpected ways update to update (here's some help with the combat system: http://services.runescape.com/m=forum/forums.ws?317,318,712,65587452)

If you think that me and Gretar are going to take the time to do this, you're fucking insane.

Not changing the stats and not removing them

Will be polled in the future

-ladder glitch at kbd

Already fixed.

No.

-correct multi lines (I hear this is being done with the new client) can't believe this hasn't been fixed sooner

You should be happy its even fixed.

-fix magic projectiles, currently there is no projectile (for barrage) and opponents are just frozen instantly, the freeze should land once the projectile has hit, just as with range

Already done.

No

-once you leave the wilderness you should not be able to change your combat for 2 minute

Why would we even do this?

Can see this being a problem. If

-you should not be able to use a preset kit for 2 minutes after leaving the wilderness

Why would we stop people from using a preset for 2 minutes? thats dumb.

-untradebles should break on death in pvp and must be repaired for pkp, the killer would get a percentage of the repair cost

We might do this.  We need a way to stop people with untradables from pking at no cost.

-add run energy

LMAO NO

-add stamina potions

LMAO NO

-add special attack bars to all items that have them on rs (e.g. acb) (special attacks don't need to be added right away but the bars are very useful)

We're working on doing that.  Right now we're focusing on getting the basic attack of items to work properly rather than their special attacks

-remove incorrect objects (tree at lumber yard) hopefully the new client will fix this with updated maps but if not - here ya go.

Already fixed

Nope.

-reset ely (again reimburse pkp) and add the effect (gfx also - https://i.gyazo.com/7764f37aa12f2fb28b217ab210351d9b.gif), lower its drop rate so it becomes a very high value item as it is on rs - if the effect is added and its price remains the same it will be way too OP

I think its fine the way it is

-if you want this to be an 07 server remove all of the non-07 items (e.g. PvP armour) if you don't want it to be an 07 server w/e

Sorry can't do that.  I'd rather not spend my time arguing with Gretar.

-make - fury, crystal shield, wizard boots, dragon boots, freminik rings, rangers, robin hood hat, dragon square shield, dragon full helm, godswords, whips, crystal shield - unspawnable and add to pkp shops

Not all of hose items should be put in the pkp shop

@Gretar are you ok? why should we have to poll for npcs to be added into wilderness?? soo fucking dumb lmfao, pretty sure majority of ppl want donor capes removed (any1 with a brain) stop fucking about and read the suggestions instead of having salad reply with what he wants and doesn't (who gives a fuck what he wants)

removing pre kits is to cut down ragging 

how is ely "fine the way it is" ..? 

why the fuck should he be happy multi lines are fixed when they shouldn't be fucked up in the first place just do ur job nd fuck off 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Salad said:

Can see this being a problem. If

If wat? explain how this is a problem . Keep pretending it can be a problem when you dont even know your self. Its problem now cus people pretb themselves @Salad

@Salad This is the state of your teleblock

Edited by Happyaku

1 hour ago, SmokeyMontana said:

@Gretar are you ok? why should we have to poll for npcs to be added into wilderness?? soo fucking dumb lmfao, pretty sure majority of ppl want donor capes removed (any1 with a brain) stop fucking about and read the suggestions instead of having salad reply with what he wants and doesn't (who gives a fuck what he wants)

why the fuck should he be happy multi lines are fixed when they shouldn't be fucked up in the first place just do ur job nd fuck off 

Support what smokey says remove divine and fix ely correct and make it rare and more expensive

2 hours ago, SmokeyMontana said:

this

16 hours ago, shitspy67 said:

All or at the very least most of this should be done to enable active and enjoyable pking throughout the wilderness as well as a balanced server in general, Roat is a PK server but it has one of the most incomplete wildernesses I've ever seen, with the new client and these updates the game would be improved immensely. The new client alone would be a huge disappointment as nothing would really change, a lot of server sided updates are also required. There is much more than this but I've started from the bottom.

-dspear not shoving frozen opponents

-dspear not cancelling opponents current action (e.g. movement)

-ladder glitch at kbd

-fix 2 tick delay on projectiles (range and mage)

-add antivenom+ to pkp shop

-add correct poison immunity with sanfews

-fix following

-remove ::ragdefence(on/off) (was a temporary fix anyway) or at least restrict its effectiveness only to ::brid and edgeville, as it is nuisance for new players and will put them off the server when they cannot fight anyone

-fix lessar demons at kbd entrance running through fences (and all monsters running through obstacles)

-monsters should not hit on the same tick as they spawn (they can be instantly aggressive but not hit)

-add run energy

-add stamina potions

-to get imbued rings unimbued rings should have to be imbued for 200 pkp ea

-reset ely (again reimburse pkp) and add the effect (gfx also - https://i.gyazo.com/7764f37aa12f2fb28b217ab210351d9b.gif), lower its drop rate so it becomes a very high value item as it is on rs - if the effect is added and its price remains the same it will be way too OP

-all correct pvp related gfx and animations (e.g. new 07 teleblock gfx), they will all be in the new client so configure them correctly server sided

-black chins teleport (add a boss or something (not something u can box lmao))

-lumber yard teleport

-fix ring of recoil deleting all rings when it uses up one also ability to check charges remaining

-remove roat switching mode and imrpove osrs switching mode - https://forum.roatpkz.com/index.php?/topic/11832-osrs-switching-ft-roat-pkz-switching-bug-abuse/

-scales should deplete at same rate as rs

-following on from above full overhaul of the item prices from store as shown below

Reveal hidden contents

price changes

master wand - 150

mages book - 450

bandos tassets - 600

bandos chestplate - 400

malediction ward - 300

odium ward  - 250

infinity - 75 per piece

karil top - 50

universal tab - 1

new items

tent whip - 3k

fury - 300

antivenom+ - 5

wizard boots - 50

dragon boots - 75

whip - 50

ranger boots - 100

robin hood hat - 50

dragon sq - 250

zgs - 4k

bgs - 3.5k

warrior ring - 50

berserker ring - 110

seers ring - 70

archer ring - 70

Support everything no questions asked

9 hours ago, Happyaku said:

If wat? explain how this is a problem . Keep pretending it can be a problem when you dont even know your self. Its problem now cus people pretb themselves @Salad

@Salad This is the state of your teleblock

I thought i responded to it fully, sorry. Let's say there is a team battle. Someone gets teleblocked for 5 minutes and runs to wilderness. They are instantly un tele blocked and can regear and tele back in a matter of seconds.  Thats a little op dont you think?

1 hour ago, Salad said:

I thought i responded to it fully, sorry. Let's say there is a team battle. Someone gets teleblocked for 5 minutes and runs to wilderness. They are instantly un tele blocked and can regear and tele back in a matter of seconds.  Thats a little op dont you think?

Thats how it is on RS. Whats OP are PVP armors on a server which is trying to be like 07. Whats OP is dragon capes,earth capes,water capes. Oh and no they can go fun pk and instantly die within the span of 30 seconds.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, shitspy67 said:

Everything I deleted is fixed on the new client. - Simply untrue most of these are server sided and therefore it's literally impossible to fix with a "new client" but regardless we don't know when this client is going to be released, these updates should just be done now.

Why? - Can't believe I actually have to explain this but they are not there on rs, they are located in one of the worst clipped areas in the wilderness and you can box them indefinitely, which is broken as fuck if you don't think they are then jesus.

My suggestions for Roat pkz Gorillas NPC PK zone would be: 

• Walking distance: Gorillas walking distance within in enclosure should be much larger so they roam around the map without standing in or around their spawn coords

• Fewer Gorillas: Currently there's 9 Gorillas in the enclosure situated in places that you can box off very easily having 4-5 Gorillas would make much more sense as they will roam around covering more distance instead of 9 Gorilla NPCS stood in or around the small spawn coords they currently have.

• Adding a cooldown timer: A Cooldown timer should be set in place for the Gorilla NPC between when you've just been in combat with a player or have been fighting the Gorilla NPC possible 10-15 seconds when you go to attack another gorilla or have been in combat previously. Because you're able to box a gorilla far too easily which makes for a redundant Pk Zone. As NPCS like this ("HIGH HP!, REGENERATES HEALTH!, VIRUTALLY NO DAMAGE ON PROTECTION PRAYER") get used as a "boxing bag or boxing machine" The message will read: UQb5LM6STdiSq2XsIk0OKg.png

• Consumable Food & Potion stealing: Gorillas will have a special ability whilst being in combat with one, it will randomly start steal consumables out of your inventory the amount taken will be "1x consumable per 1x Gorilla Steal ability". Consumables the Gorilla will steal from the inventory will be:

("Saradomin Brews, Super Restores, Sanfews and Prayer potions all doses 1-4.") 

("Anglerfish, Dark Crabs, Sharks etc, ALL CONSUMABLE FOOD IN GAME")  which is easy very to dump from food handler so there's no excuses with this being implemented.

Add antivenom+ to pkp store: Add it and make it for 10-15 pkp  makes for a reasonable price point and is a trade off since it takes up one inventory space and will be able to provide immunity to venom which by right is needed. since on Runescape 2007 Wenom was added so was the  Anti venom+. It's necessarily mandatory for Pking especially Deep wilderness this is part of the  Pking mechanic that combats Venom which is why Runescape 2007 has it in the first place.

This need to addressed on current Roat Pkz and implemented. As right now you have to pk with a serpentine helmet to not become venomed as a Main and makes for wearing  a Neitiznot helm or Tank helm obsolete and waste of a slot since you will become venomed without the potion or serp.

And as for pure's they face the same fate if get venomed by Toxic Staff of the dead or serp helm they can't use the potion because it isn't in the shop , Add it no excuses.

-once you leave the wilderness you should not be able to change your combat for 2 minute ????? why - getting a kill, leaving then changing your combat to loot the kill is unrealistic and simply broken again if you can't see this just lol.

Combat level stats changing when leaving the wilderness: Leaving the wilderness and having a period of 2 minute grace will disrupt ragging and kill looting protection . The feature to change combat levels is only meant to serve as part of your PKING BUILD" and not being abused in this way where people leave the wilderness only sorely to change combat level stats to lowest  so no one will be able to attack when whilst they're free to loot safely  

Edited by Mead
Part one of Suggestion feedback