Price Changes (PK GEAR)

Smackd

Buff prices of Dragon claws, Master wand, Mage's book, all spawnable godswords, Dragon boots, Amulet of fury, imbued and not imbued rings, Abyssal whip, and Bandos

Bandos at 1000 pkp per set, fury at 250 (glory isn't that worse to be 750), Dragon claws 5000 with buffed stats, Master wand 500, Mage's book 750, godswords at 2000-3500 (sgs and zgs should be more than bgs), Abby whip 100 pkp. Dh set 1000, torags/ahrims 500, guthans and veracs 200-400 at most. D sq 100.

Agree with dharok/barrows price change. Agree godswords should be 1k+ and 2k for zgs and fix dds.

I personally would like the whip/fury/dboots to cost pkt but can imagine it having a negative effect on the game. I beleive that a lot of players (eg: edge pkers) play the server instead of other, more osrs like servers, because some of these items are spawnable. 

Edited by GORILLAS
  • Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, GORILLAS said:

Agree with dharok/barrows price change. Agree godswords should be 1k+ and 2k for zgs and fix dds.

I personally would like the whip/fury/dboots to cost pkt but can imagine it having a negative effect on the game. I beleive that a lot of players (eg: edge pkers) play the server instead of other, more osrs like servers, because some of these items are spawnable. 

this

(IDC if you hate me for stating my opinion)

A lot of people asking for this don't even death match, you're all a bunch of tabbers. And if by some miracle you manage to get that KO, suddenly you're the world's best at clicking and you want decent loot for this, but if you die it's because the game is broken. Not everyone can have a 20+ KDR, in order for you to have that others must have a lower one and if it's <=1 then PKing will be a complete loss and won't be able to afford it.

Edgeville is already dead, I notice it when I come on, it's not as packed as it once used to be. Using Smackd's proposed prices : Whip + D-boots + Fury = 950 PKP, at 8 PKP per kill that's 119 kills (60 kills on weekends) and I just think that's too much for a "spawn server", since those are the basic PKP items, who wants to PK in full Rune and D scimi on an RSPS??? How dies this set Rpkz apart from other PK servers? 

Would need to add way more PKP per kill to make it work in my opinion otherwise it makes it very tough for new players (or poor players) to compete. Either that or introduce a way to accumulate PKP without risk. IDK how you would do that, if the currency was actual coins then something like thieving stalls would have worked. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/13/2017 at 10:40 PM, PK Guy said:

(IDC if you hate me for stating my opinion)

A lot of people asking for this don't even death match, you're all a bunch of tabbers. And if by some miracle you manage to get that KO, suddenly you're the world's best at clicking and you want decent loot for this, but if you die it's because the game is broken. Not everyone can have a 20+ KDR, in order for you to have that others must have a lower one and if it's <=1 then PKing will be a complete loss and won't be able to afford it.

Edgeville is already dead, I notice it when I come on, it's not as packed as it once used to be. Using Smackd's proposed prices : Whip + D-boots + Fury = 950 PKP, at 8 PKP per kill that's 119 kills (60 kills on weekends) and I just think that's too much for a "spawn server", since those are the basic PKP items, who wants to PK in full Rune and D scimi on an RSPS??? How dies this set Rpkz apart from other PK servers? 

Would need to add way more PKP per kill to make it work in my opinion otherwise it makes it very tough for new players (or poor players) to compete. Either that or introduce a way to accumulate PKP without risk. IDK how you would do that, if the currency was actual coins then something like thieving stalls would have worked. 

On 7/13/2017 at 9:23 PM, Killbob said:

More beggars incoming

garbage server

Edited by Mead

Image result for no god no gif

At what point does it stop being a spawn server? jesus you're trying to leave us with cosmetics/clothes. There's no decent points in removing these items to make them pk point based, they're not op, they're not going to bring more players in, in fact it's only a determent roatpkz is labeled as a spawn server you take the few remaining pk gear we have left you'll shift this server into a direction it can't come back from. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, Mead said:

I don't really know what longevity a melee spawn kit SGS edge level 1 whack and bash brings to this server apart from not keeping players and being unnecessary, it will not help the server progress.  

Yeah I think 5 years is long for an RSPS though, not many have lasted as long so it has worked actually and continues to do so. I call that LONGEVITY and this:

https://i.gyazo.com/cd062090e75ffbb8fb600aff85de2b98.png

Your argument can be used against you. This server has no end game, it doesn't have a sense of completion such as RS where you can max all skills, complete all quests, unlock everything and call it a day (and even then people don't quit, but they do continually add more content too so yeah..) It's not about progress, I like PKing not for items, not for wealth, but for the action of PKing itself, the banter with others and just to get away from IRL for a couple hours. Not to grind for items 

• Upvote 1

Just now, PK Guy said:

Yeah I think 5 years is long for an RSPS though, not many have lasted as long so it has worked actually and continues to do so. I call that LONGEVITY and this:

Your argument can be used against you. This server has no end game, it doesn't have a sense of completion such as RS where you can max all skills, complete all quests, unlock everything and call it a day (and even then people don't quit, but they do continually add more content too so yeah..) It's not about progress, I like PKing not for items, not for wealth, but for the action of PKing itself, the banter with others and just to get away from IRL for a couple hours. Not to grind for items 

He's pretty much missing the point bro, if you want a game to compete for skills, pk gear, or even quest related type shit go play runescape go play a different private server. We enjoy to pk, do we enjoy having the satisfactory feeling of earning shit? that comes secondary the only aspect that keeps roatz alive is clan based pking. If we're too busy making pkp for simple based pk gear there won't be any wilderness activity. 

52 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

a94.gif 

Everyone with the complaint that they are removing basic items is HILARIOUS. A crystal shield is far from a basic item. It is an insane shield, one of the best in the game

whip = 100 pkp, <12 kills based on killstreak and you'll have one. It also makes risk fighting more fun being able to risk a whip.

The people complaining are the ones who sit in mystic all day in a crystal shield and 3 way to whip and hit 40s while no one is able to hit on their crystal shield.

Edited by 0192837465-Sam
  • Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Mead said:

a94.gif 

Yep, that's pretty much sums up what Gretar thinks of all your topics mate, keep trying.

5 hours ago, Mead said:

r2XPsZJtQfmlBwDFeJafOQ.png

Huh??? It's a shitty helm that most people will select Neitiznot over it, or Torag's if def is an issue. Who would pay for it?

4 hours ago, 0192837465-Sam said:

Everyone with the complaint that they are removing basic items is HILARIOUS. A crystal shield is far from a basic item. It is an insane shield, one of the best in the game

whip = 100 pkp, <12 kills based on killstreak and you'll have one. It also makes risk fighting more fun being able to risk a whip.

The people complaining are the ones who sit in mystic all day in a crystal shield and 3 way to whip and hit 40s while no one is able to hit on their crystal shield.

Still think whip (as primary weapon) should be free though, you can risk a tent.  Fury is basic, you can risk torture.  D boots are basic, you can risk prims. Don't tell me maxed accounts should be using zerker gear and RS welfare jewellery. 

3 hours ago, Requiem Af said:

How many times you guys gonna ask if we wanna change prices? Just update the fucking server.

Or just use the in-game poll system that was made for this type of stuff

• Upvote 1

It's supposed to be a spawn server. 
I don't know why everyone is trying to convert this into OS-S. 

Give it a month and ppl will start asking if the DDS should be added to the PKP shop or if u gotta sacrifice 1k pkp for spellbooks.

These are basic items. The only pricing I agree with would be the Godswords, but even still that should be like 1.5k tops.

• Upvote 2

Agree with changing the prices, would suggest not raising them too much as people don't even risk as it is. With the new client there will be more ways to make pkp, if for some reason that's not the case then don't change the prices. The ability to make pkp atm is shit.

Agree with everything except possibly the whip costing PKP. If a new player joined and was trying to PK with a Dscim vs. a guy with a whip, the likelyhood is he won't get very far in earning enough PKP to get the whip.

If there are new ways for new players to make money (PVM, skilling) that would actually be consistent money for the new guys then I'd be in favour of whip costing PKP. If that doesn't happen, I feel that whip should stay spawnable.

• 2 weeks later...