Eco Reset is actually the way forward

I suggest this, as it would benefit the server massively long term:

• Putting the game offline for around a week or two, giving Gretar and Salad time to figure out how to fix the 100s of bugs etc on the client.
  • Complete eco reset, put everyone on the same level to start new on the new client. (4-5 people hold 85% of the economy - its retarded n backwards)
  • Have the new drops and new economy start off on an even playing field for EVERYONE.
  • You can actually seriously build the hype up for the release instead of just releasing a broken server that nobody is excited to play.
  • Upvote 2
Just now, King Lee said:

do u not remember what a server reset did to the playerbase in 2013

2013 economy reset deterred nothing. We have had a staggering 150+ for over 4-5 years. 

OT: Rtpkz will survive with a week offline, economy reset, etc.

This should have happened ages ago.

Just now, Donnie said:

2013 economy reset deterred nothing. We have had a staggering 150+ for over 4-5 years. 

OT: Rtpkz will survive with a week offline, economy reset, etc.

This should have happened ages ago.

roatpkz will not survive with a week offline considering the playerbase just got smashed with the let down of a client that was released

As a player that has played since release, I don't want to completely lose all my stats and everything. I suggest a roll back and then fixing this client. Numerous players have lost everything due to the bugs and lag. Also, all the donator capes turned into pkp's so a lot of players also made hundreds of thousand pkps from that. I suggest rolling it back and fixing the client, no full eco reset. 

There's no safe/fast ways for players to acquire pkp

Jad/tournaments weren't the solution. Those events will always only have one winner

Voting gives 100 pkp per day, pk'ing gives 8 pkp per kill, bossing has horrible rates and only current bosses are in multi. And even in the release of new bosses, you'll still need proper gear in order for you not to be forced to bank after every kill. 

Castle wars is/would be dead if it was fixed due to player amount, but then again THIS is the reason it's dead and giving us a new client is also not the solution.

If you were to let's say edge pk, most likely nobody is going to risk anything because 1). Why risk against someone who doesn't?

2). Nobody NEEDS to risk as whip, godswords, d boots and fury are free. But if they weren't then that's extra hard to obtain for new players. 

I also think resetting all account (completely), would be a really good idea as names with no users wouldn't be taken.

And think about it, new game, fresh economy, everythings fixed, you'll get a much bigger player base, and then you can start thinking about that economy world etc. I just think this idea is sick and would be the solution 

Btw Gretar ik u like money this will get u new players from all kinds of servers that'll donate to u thx🤡

@Gretar @Salad

34 minutes ago, Aqeelxo said:

As a player that has played since release, I don't want to completely lose all my stats and everything. I suggest a roll back and then fixing this client. Numerous players have lost everything due to the bugs and lag. Also, all the donator capes turned into pkp's so a lot of players also made hundreds of thousand pkps from that. I suggest rolling it back and fixing the client, no full eco reset. 

Read my post.

Also, what stats? Your kills/deaths? That doesn't even matter would you rather save the server or keep your stupid stats

Edited by Floyd

Gretar didn't say no because he didn't think it could help, he said no because it would kill the server.

Right now, a large portion of players play roat because they know there's a realistic chance of them going from 25k-3m by going to the duel arena. That wouldn't be possible with an eco reset 

I'm not saying that's a healthy economy, but right now there's room for Gretar to add things he wants at his rate. 

The client is in no way a disappointment. Obviously he had the wrong batch of beta testers who didn't do their do diligence (such as Tom Dwan and viva Madrid just spawning customs), but now that our biggest obstacle in the lag is fixed, we can move forward.

The staff appear braced to listen to player suggestions. Let's give them time to add content

pedro did you forget what happened our last eco reset?? A new client shouldn't = a new server. It's an influx of content, not much being removed. 

Edited by 0192837465-Sam
  • Upvote 4

So basically transitioning to a new client now makes it so an eco-reset is needed? Don't agree.

Its easier right now get new future items than it would be if everyone got reset. Only a select few would have a certain item and i'd rather not have to grind for hours for an item on a RSPS.

5 hours ago, Pedro said:

4-5 people hold 85% of the economy - its retarded n backwards)

Sources on this? Can anyone confirm or are you just making random numbers up because you must not have anything in game so you want everyone to be like you :thinking:

3 hours ago, Pedro said:

I can guarantee if things continue as they are the server will be completely dead by 2018

Who are you to guarantee this lol what do you know about eco resets have you ever been in position to reset your own server or..?

4 hours ago, Jade Lens said:

So basically transitioning to a new client now makes it so an eco-reset is needed? Don't agree.

No, but the economy isn't okay

Its easier right now get new future items than it would be if everyone got reset. Only a select few would have a certain item and i'd rather not have to grind for hours for an item on a RSPS.

But still everyone would start over together and build a more steady economy, we have no pkp sinks except for 20% lottery

Sources on this? Can anyone confirm or are you just making random numbers up because you must not have anything in game so you want everyone to be like you :thinking:

Legend has over 50m alone, and there's over 5 other people with over 10m. Average player doesn't even have 10k, and it's a 100 player server

Who are you to guarantee this lol what do you know about eco resets have you ever been in position to reset your own server or..?

It's true though, because they plan on making d boots, fury, whip, d squred, rune def etc pkp and literally rise everything in price.

So, how do you even acquire pkp safely or fast? Safely you need to be a donator and camp d zone (like 100 active donors and just 5 monsters). Ele is in multi, champ is in multi, voting gives 100 pkp, pk'ing is 8 pkp per kill. Please come at me with facts😂😂😂

@Floyd you're speaking to all of that on the basis of the last client. We switched clients so Gretar and Salad could add bosses they couldn't do currently. Zulrah and others are reported to be coming, so based on what changes come with it, the economy should stabilize. Gretar has never just added something, he does 4-5 changes per update 

@Pedro there's no evidence to back that up. In 2013 and 2015 it got to as few as 80 players and we were back up to 280 in 2015 (the same year). Even if the eco weren't to change, which all signs point to that not being true, the server still wouldn't die. Why would it die with content updates, when it didn't with none for 3 years?

• Upvote 1
Just now, 0192837465-Sam said:

To be fair, all they did was help the richer people LOL. It doesn't benefit the server (except the customs being removed) for the money to vanish when people still have 15m in pkp and hoarding items

That's like 3-6 people and the items being hoarded aren't even that extensive. Eco is fine how it is imo 

14 hours ago, Aqeelxo said:

Also, all the donator capes turned into pkp's so a lot of players also made hundreds of thousand pkps from that. I suggest rolling it back and fixing the client, no full eco reset. 

Any truth in this? lmao yo boys has over 100m+ then fuck with me. 

Though no Eco set is really needed, I feel as if it's just poor people talk tbh, I'd wager there'd be less than 10 people with over over 6m+. All the rest have 10k+ or 100k+.