3 minutes ago, Tupac said:

speaks volumes when someone that doesn't even box can last 10 rounds with what floyd fans call the "goat"

what a circus act rofl

Lol was clearly the plan, mayweather was letting mcgreggor hit him to tire him then he finished it off when he was dead. I'm not into boxing and I could see thatย 

4 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

Lol was clearly the plan, mayweather was letting mcgreggor hit him to tire him then he finished it off when he was dead. I'm not into boxing and I could see thatย 

Floyd was in the fetal position until the 9th round. was more boring and over-hyped than the manny-floyd fight. In my opinion other than lomachenko, there aren't any great new boxers that are bringing anything new to the table, so UFC will eventually take over. i'm more of a boxing guy myself but boxing isn't what it once was.

Edited by Tupac
1 hour ago, Tupac said:

speaks volumes when someone that doesn't even box can last 10 rounds with what floyd fans call the "goat"

what a circus act rofl

ย Conor fans were so confident and kept guaranteeing us a loss, yet when he loses it's all about them excuses come on now bro you know better

1 hour ago, Smackd said:

TMT

All dayย 

ย 

33 minutes ago, F3 Please said:

rip my $250.. lmfao

Can't say I wouldn't lose for the chance to win even more if it's still a chance but there was no chance in this match so ye rip

Edited by Floyd
3 minutes ago, Floyd said:

50-0. He beat your favourite, the one who was supposedly gonna "whop his ass" and now he's not TBE? Cmon broooo

No1 expected conor to win but any1 that thinks Floyd is the goat is legit a braindead dick rider. legit this generation doesn't know fuck about boxing all the greats have come and gone. "Your favourite" Conor's been in the fight game for like 5 years and has become one of the most well known names in sports in that time lmk what you've accomplished looool

mans gonna go back to Ireland rich as fuck this fight was a circus act for $ neither of them gave a shit as u can see at the end, was all to play the pplย that were stupid enough to PPV it. hyped up a joke of a fight and cashed out. Simple as thatย 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Tupac said:

No1 expected conor to win but any1 that thinks Floyd is the goat is legit a braindead dick rider. legit this generation doesn't know fuck about boxing all the greats have come and gone. "Your favourite" Conor's been in the fight game for like 5 years and has become one of the most well known names in sports in that time lmk what you've accomplished looool

mans gonna go back to Ireland rich as fuck this fight was a circus act for $ neither of them gave a shit as u can see at the end, was all to play the pplย that were stupid enough to PPV it. hyped up a joke of a fight and cashed out. Simple as thatย 

How about you tell me what you've accomplished? It's just a discussion don't take it personal

You say it your self "has become one of the most well known names in sports" and Floyd Mayweather is already the face of boxing, so obviously they're SUPPOSED to make "$". I personally think the fight was fun.ย 

Also, lastly. Mans 50-0, huge inspiration toย people all over the world. How are you a "dick rider" just because you predict that someones going to win.

He got outsmarted and outboxed

ย 

Mayweather waited for Connor to get exhausted to strike which he proceeded to do so very well like always, yeah mcgregor won the first few rounds, but mayweather won overall. it says a lot after i think 8 rounds when connor was done & it showed floyd in his corner smiling with his tongue out, mayweather exhausted mcgregor and won the fight fair and square with a wonderful technique . 50-0ย 

Floyd is easily in the top 10 of all time boxers, including hall of famers. Respect to Connor though, 2 fighters at the top of their respective martial arts, not being in his element and he made it to the 10th round. First 3 rounds Connor won, 4th Floyd, 5-9 mixed bag.ย Floyd was actually entertaining for once, he was aggressive while turning down his defense prowess like 10 percent to lure Connor in. I still wouldn't pay 100 bucks or more on ppv for it.

• Upvote 1

@Tupacย @Mattย did you guys watch the same fight as everyone else? LOL

If this was a "setup money grab" Floyd would've knocked him out first round (or at least at all). There's no explainable way that this was rigged/a money grab, it was a great fight at the judgement of actual boxing experts?

It must be a tough pill to swallow for people who hate Floyd because you're stuck in a place where you have to explain away greatness

@Tupacย no one is stopping you from making your own top 5/10 list? If you think you have exceedingly larger knowledge on the sport then expound on it.. I don't think we were even arguing Floyds place in history but only an idiot would say "Floyd isn't one of the greatest boxers of all time". I beg you to say that and disqualify yourself from any opinion on the matter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2729719-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-winner-purse-details-and-review-of-marquee-fight.amp.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2017/08/27/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-result-fight-winner-announced/

ย 

• Upvote 2
3 hours ago, Kihfan55 said:

If this was a "setup money grab" Floyd would've knocked him out first round (or at least at all). There's no explainable way that this was rigged/a money grab, it was a great fight at the judgement of actual boxing experts?

There is ONE explainable way. Not rigged but a money grab for sure, Floyd did say "it won't go the distance". Which meant he had to win by KO or TKO (he has only accomplished this in 26/49 previous fights - then again it was versus boxers). But did he ever say, "I'll drop in him 1 (or 2) rounds"? If he did I'll put it down to trash talk. Pretty sure 10 rounds were necessary to satisfy PPV and broadcast enough paid adverts, plus to satisfy a hyped crowd. Anyway regardless who won, they both made a lot of $$$ and that's all that really matters in the end. It is their 'job' after all! Maybe they should have a rematch, MMA this time? As a fan of neither and someone who didn't even watch it live I will stay quiet now.ย :ph34r:

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Kihfan55 said:

@Tupacย @Mattย did you guys watch the same fight as everyone else? LOL

It must be a tough pill to swallow for people who hate Floyd because you're stuck in a place where you have to explain away greatness

@Tupacย no one is stopping you from making your own top 5/10 list? If you think you have exceedingly larger knowledge on the sport then expound on it.. I don't think we were even arguing Floyds place in history but only an idiot would say "Floyd isn't one of the greatest boxers of all time". I beg you to say that and disqualify yourself from any opinion on the matter

https://www.google.com/amp/s/syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2729719-mayweather-vs-mcgregor-winner-purse-details-and-review-of-marquee-fight.amp.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/boxing/2017/08/27/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-result-fight-winner-announced/

ย 

Honestly don't even remember saying anything on this topic, drank way to much but I'll admit I was butt hurt at the beginning but you know obviously Floyd was gonna win even though I'd prefer Conor but it's whatever I'm not really into boxing tbh would like to see Conor fight again back in mma and imo it was a boring fight, conor threw more punches and was doing great till he got tired out which was obviously Floyd's plan from the start to learn his style of boxing and get him tired and then just end it so the fans have a show he said.ย 

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, PK Guy said:

There is ONE explainable way. Not rigged but a money grab for sure, Floyd did say "it won't go the distance". Which meant he had to win by KO or TKO (he has only accomplished this in 26/49 previous fights - then again it was versus boxers). But did he ever say, "I'll drop in him 1 (or 2) rounds"? If he did I'll put it down to trash talk. Pretty sure 10 rounds were necessary to satisfy PPV and broadcast enough paid adverts, plus to satisfy a hyped crowd. Anyway regardless who won, they both made a lot of $$$ and that's all that really matters in the end. It is their 'job' after all! Maybe they should have a rematch, MMA this time? As a fan of neither and someone who didn't even watch it live I will stay quiet now.ย :ph34r:

I would say yes, the fight itself and the language in the contract was for money, but I think the show they put on proved it wasn't just a fight for money. When I see "money grab" I think of money grab I think of a predetermined result at least amongst them, and I think we could see that *probably* wasn't the caseย 

I would say Connor could have madeย A LOT more money in the future if he had won the fight, so for him it would make no senseย 

ย