server dying? what went wrong gretar?

Lion Tales

save roat pkz?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. save roat pkz?

• gretar needs to step up and get roat pkz up to date like the other servers
    • nothing needs to be done, server is fine
    • i agree and disagree
    • theres no hope

so since i only play on weekend days now i should not really be bothered alot, but whats happening to the server is crazy and i have never seen it so dead before.

some reasons why: 

first of all, all of the servers are ahead of us, with osrs updates etc. elder maul, abby dager, blow pipe....... all of those are already on other servers and has been for some time, while roat took ages just to get the ballista in.

edge pvp is litteraly dead, example: new player joins the server, he wants to pk fast, and theres only 3 to 5 126 combat level players. edgepvp used to be alot more active.

one of the reasons why is maybe due to too much pvming for example: gorillas,mage arena, KDB, donator area etc. this is a pking server and theres too much pvming in it in my oppinion. i have nothing against pvming but the server population is too small for so many different types of pvming.

what went wrong?

server never use to get under 130-150 players my time and now i log in and see 80 players online. 

post under if you agree or wants this fixed.

-lion tales-

• Sad 3

I do somewhat agree with the pvming, but I don't think that it's taking away from the wilderness being active. The gorillas and all has made it more active in the deep wildy if anything. More clans are pking and there's been more brids/nhers that have joined the community. I do agree that we need to do something about the server being up to date. We are a little behind compared to the other servers. We need to add something that'll spark Edgeville. Something for the pures and the main pkers. Maybe a new system to Edgeville pking. I don't know.. But something has to be done. I agree with this and I think Gretar should get a little more involved.

Pure pking (Edge) is almost non-existent which is why i stopped logging in as much, whenever I came on there was literally no one to attack. On the rare occasion there is, I see a weird mix of old level 92s and new level 88s? Those that know me know that 99.99% all I do is 1-def Pking in level 1-4 Wild.

I see your point about PvM, and it is illustrated in the fact that ATM Gretar is finishing up Corporeal beast - yet another PvM, when stuff like BH would have been a better priority and OFC addition of BH store with newer OS items that you mention.

I didn't quit Rpkz, Rpkz quit me!

Edited by PK Guy
right now: https://i.gyazo.com/fb6b55ef598ac6451d9ac78d28da64a4.png

5 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

Pure pking (Edge) is almost non-existent which is why i stopped logging in as much, whenever I came on there was literally no one to attack. On the rare occasion there is, I see a weird mix of old level 92s and new level 88s? Those that know me know that 99.99% all I do is 1-def Pking in level 1-4 Wild.

I see your point about PvM, and it is illustrated in the fact that ATM Gretar is finishing up Corporeal beast - yet another PvM, when stuff like BH would have been a better priority and OFC addition of BH store with newer OS items that you mention.

I didn't quit Rpkz, Rpkz quit me!

yesssss exactly!!!! @Gretar

We're miles behind many other servers

People leave because the server literally never gets updated and whenever it does, it turns out to be a total disaster because Gretar doesn't ask experienced people to try out the beta, instead he lets people with no experience whatsoever (Viva Smackd) to get on it and all they do is spawn customs and say "Yeah, this and that is fine" but in reality they have no clue what's going on

Everything is becoming pkp and the way to obtain it is so retarded. For example, Jad in 50 wild (multi) drops spirit shields. Demonic gorillas at ice plateau. "Roat Pkz champ". Chaos Elemental, toughest and only realistic boss in-game and it has a dead drop table.

Most of the time ::Edgepvp, Edge hills, ::Easts, ::44s, ::Easts and ::Wests is DEAD, people left for better

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

People leave because the server literally never gets updated and whenever it does, it turns out to be a total disaster because Gretar doesn't ask experienced people to try out the beta, instead he lets people with no experience whatsoever (Viva Smackd) to get on it and all they do is spawn customs and say "Yeah, this and that is fine" but in reality they have no clue what's going on

Everything is becoming pkp and the way to obtain it is so retarded. For example, Jad in 50 wild (multi) drops spirit shields. Demonic gorillas at ice plateau. "Roat Pkz champ". Chaos Elemental, toughest and only realistic boss in-game and it has a dead drop table.

Most of the time ::Edgepvp, Edge hills, ::Easts, ::44s, ::Easts and ::Wests is DEAD, people left for better

agree on everything

Maybe there needs to be another in-game developer, Gretar has his own problems and priorities and probably doesn't have the time to be constantly updating the server, need to find a committed developer that want's to know what everyone wants in-game. Maybe start doing Polls on what needs changing, what needs adding etc..?

there is more than 1 main problem in my point of view, 

i agree with 

7 minutes ago, Floyd said:

its so boring for people to run 2 chaos ele and die after few mins because of clans pking,farthermore, droprates are alittle high comparing to any SPAWN PK servers, however, gretar has always worked for bridders and went crazy to satisfy them and then forgot these "veng pkers" at edge who were happy with gmaul barrows and some spawnables that now a days costs pkp ... 

its boring for a veng pker to keep loading a dds kit and go pk all the day same as pures LOL...

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, desert ship said:

its so boring for people to run 2 chaos ele and die after few mins because of clans pking,farthermore, droprates are alittle high comparing to any SPAWN PK servers, however, gretar has always worked for bridders and went crazy to satisfy them and then forgot these "veng pkers" at edge who were happy with gmaul barrows and some spawnables that now a days costs pkp ... 

its boring for a veng pker to keep loading a dds kit and go pk all the day same as pures LOL...

How exactly did he "satisfy" us hybrids/nhers? 

We had to wait YEARS for Gretar to understand that the combat system, pathing and everything was BROKEN, then when he promised us a new client (said it'll take up to 8 weeks) it took half a year. And guess what, the server is still shit and nowhere as good as staff said it was.

Gretar showed us pictures of infernal cave (it's not even being used?), elder maul, elder robes, all that bullshit and none of it is in the game and we gotta wait probably another 6 months for that 

We got little server support niggas saying "Staking is a factor, Viva smackd is an experienced staker he knows how it's supposed to work that's why Gretar let him on beta" that alone just proves what a stupid server this is 

18 minutes ago, ♡Fantastic♡ said:

Shouldn't have moved 80% of the items to pk store. Free Bandos, DH and AGS is what made edge pvp so active. Along with DFS and VLS only costing 120+ pkp if I remember correct.

Nah. Imagine every hybrid max, that would be so boring, when we had it LITERALLY nothing was pkp, only rares and shit

7 minutes ago, Xbrzh said:

Combat fucked; bonuses, hit boxes, pathing etc

www.oldschool.runescape.com

Gretar does fix issues pretty much as soon as i tell him, i understand its hard for him to do everything solo but he doesnt want a new client developer whom he can trust with the client database as people nowadays arent very trustworthy and a little arguement between say a new dev and gretar could cause a leak of the client database or what not, i believe he should hire a client developer who maybe he knows or someone who is well experienced from helping develop other big servers. Most of what everyone said is true but we must give some credit to Gretar for trying, hes been solo pushing all these updates recently, although they dont seem like much to us, imagine doing what he does alone.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Smackd said:

He spends every day making it "up to date", he's only one person but he's doing a great job.

we all understand that, but how are other servers up to date, servers that are less popular etc? we all know gretar has the money to make roat alot better. dont get me wrong either what he does alone is sick. i know how much time it takes, ive done it my self.

Edited by SWAGMASTER

47 minutes ago, SWAGMASTER said:

we all understand that, but how are other servers up to date, servers that are less popular etc? we all know gretar has the money to make roat alot better. dont get me wrong either what he does alone is sick. i know how much time it takes, ive done it my self.

Maybe because we just got an up to date client last month...?

1 minute ago, SWAGMASTER said:

thats not the point, neither nothing about the topic, we want roat "up to date" like the other servers...

How is that not the point? The point is we just got a client that can function with the "up to date" items, you don't get a new client and just throw in new items anywhere you need to plan how you implement things, if we just wanted to make it up to date and throw in every new item that'd take a day but it wouldn't be organized.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Smackd said:

How is that not the point? The point is we just got a client that can function with the "up to date" items, you don't get a new client and just throw in new items anywhere you need to plan how you implement things, if we just wanted to make it up to date and throw in every new item that'd take a day but it wouldn't be organized.

cba to type anymore but i see your point of view. 

• Upvote 1