Feedback on Forum?

Sometimes change is good, and sometimes it's bad. In this instance, I'm gonna say the change is good and will continue to be good. At least I hope it will. This community is full of people that are capable of being decent human beings if they aren't trying to rip everyone's head off over a stupid 'foot fetish' claim or something that's just petty and stupid. Hopefully with a new forum comes new attitudes towards people (although I have my doubts).

Sometimes change is good, and sometimes it's bad. In this instance, I'm gonna say the change is good and will continue to be good. At least I hope it will. This community is full of people that are capable of being decent human beings if they aren't trying to rip everyone's head off over a stupid 'foot fetish' claim or something that's just petty and stupid. Hopefully with a new forum comes new attitudes towards people (although I have my doubts).

With the new forums beef should drop until new stuff starts.

I think this is exactly what the server needed. 

For me, since I started I have needed Gretar to prove something to me in order for me to take this server and the players on it seriously. From the time I started in 2013, the forums have always been a place for spammers/trolls to have free reign over the forums so I just followed suit. Flaming on Roatpkz is one of the things that has always brought me joy and interest on here because it really is an effective method and it was seemingly the only method for a server like Roatpkz. I continued trolling because the server was stagnant, ingame and on the forums, so what is the point in me changing?

The new forums, along with http://roatpkz.com/newforum/index.php?/topic/37-suggestions-likely-to-be-implemented/ is proof that Gretar is in the business of improving the server in a general sense. I feel like it's my duty as a committed player for the last 2 years to help Gretar with his improvements, rather than be a troll/flamer which I have been in the past.

There's still many ways for me to get my point across without flaming. I believe there's no such thing as flame bait because you ultimately make the decision to flame someone back but I hope the trolls who take this new forum as an opportunity to kill the new community think twice.

I love the new forums with all the features, but even more so of what it represents.

To strive in a community that thrives off flame bait and animosity you have to become the smog that which you hate to not suffocate. Pretty soon you feel sedated and say unforgivable things that are just over the line. Forgiving someone in time is one thing but you can't ever forget, all you can do is move forward and support the community that we all live in.  

Edited by Castial

For me, since I started I have needed Gretar to prove something to me in order for me to take this server and the players on it seriously. From the time I started in 2013, the forums have always been a place for spammers/trolls to have free reign over the forums so I just followed suit. Flaming on Roatpkz is one of the things that has always brought me joy and interest on here because it really is an effective method and it was seemingly the only method for a server like Roatpkz. I continued trolling because the server was stagnant, ingame and on the forums, so what is the point in me changing?

The new forums, along with http://roatpkz.com/newforum/index.php?/topic/37-suggestions-likely-to-be-implemented/ is proof that Gretar is in the business of improving the server in a general sense. I feel like it's my duty as a committed player for the last 2 years to help Gretar with his improvements, rather than be a troll/flamer which I have been in the past.

There's still many ways for me to get my point across without flaming. I believe there's no such thing as flame bait because you ultimately make the decision to flame someone back but I hope the trolls who take this new forum as an opportunity to kill the new community think twice.

I love the new forums with all the features, but even more so of what it represents.

Man speaks wise and true words. 

What I highlighted though. Tbh, some people that are trolls can actually prove to be a positive contributor to a server, but sometimes the server just won't change and then the person is forced to follow suit, just like Jake says he did. Gretar's smart and capable of creating a really enjoyable server, and with bringing Alex in to manage/help with content updates it shows he cares and is willing.

Hopefully the new forums represents a fresh start and a new era (maybe a bit over the top but eh) for Roat.

Jake being real af in this thread. I agree, kind of. 

I agree with the part there shouldn't be a place for trolls/flamers to sit and do whatever, but at the end of the day this is a Player VS Player server and there will be flaming. BUT there is a limit on everything.

• Upvote 1