Gambling Ideas

Zoradz

I've been throwing some ideas around with staff, as I would honestly love to see gambling introduced in game now that we have a no scamming rule (lol)
Firstly, I'd prefer a player vs player gambling environment rather than a NPC vs Player environment, as I believe we currently have enough PKP sinks ingame.

WF6qt2O.gif

HOWEVER, how would we allow a player to run a gambling CC?

• Would it be just staff?
  • Would a player have to donate for the bag/spot?
  • Would a player have to be trusted?  But how do we deem a player to be 'trusted'? 

A new possible idea would be to integrate both NPC & Player vs Player to a zone where Player A challenges player B
Player A gets 1-50 Player B gets 50-100 (50 is a draw/reroll) Player's both put up their pkp, whoever wins the roll, the game automatically gives the pkp to the winner. Sort of like duel in a way.

If you have any other suggestions, feel free to post them. P.S Gretar has not confirmed or denied the implementation of gambling...yet.

• Upvote 6
  • Wow 1

if this was introduced into the game, i would like to see a gambling area ( obviously ) and maybe have a right click gamble option on the players in that area along with a dialogue box giving more then one gambling option [ flower poker hot/cold dicing ect ] along with a gambling npc or two with some of the offered options or other games that anyone else can think of would love to see something aside from the obvious, or if you would prefer to use a cc winch obviously i won't recommend, i'd prefer to see staff / known or older players of the community trusted by the staff members and mutually agreed apon to run the cc's just my opinions i'd love to see constructive criticism about this post as well, hope you find something in here of use.

• Upvote 1

Yes I think gambling is great idea but it'd have to work with trade/duel window like system so people can't scam each other. We will have to figure out how to implement it though, like would it always be 50/50, or maybe sell dice ranks and they pick the rates (60/40 or something) cause I know people would like to be 'hosts'. we will see, definitely something that will probably come in the future though.

32 minutes ago, Sandal said:

why you deleted my old post? :D  its my code that what gretar using for gambling 

lol it not roat soruce just what zoradz playing with, but very nice :D

• Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, Gretar said:

Yes I think gambling is great idea but it'd have to work with trade/duel window like system so people can't scam each other. We will have to figure out how to implement it though, like would it always be 50/50, or maybe sell dice ranks and they pick the rates (60/40 or something) cause I know people would like to be 'hosts'. we will see, definitely something that will probably come in the future though.

I think the community would prefer to be able to 'buy dice ranks' (Of course we'd put limitations e.g account must have x amount of wealth and must have x amount of playtime). Although the anti-scam method would be more beneficial overall. 

Taking into consideration how easy a gambling system is to implement, I'd assume it could come out quite quickly, Gretar - This is something the community has been wanting for quite sometime.

8 minutes ago, Zoradz said:

So you would be fine with another Pkp sink, rather than letting the community be able to hold bags?

Did I ever say that? Did I ever say thay the community shouldn't hold bags? Did I ever say that there should be a NPC vs player system for a PKP sink?

Stop presuming what people want. Use the polling system.

I stated that you shouldn't presume that people want a system where a hosting rank is bought. 

I don't want to assume what people want HENCE I said use the polling system. You can have other ways of player vs player dicing without a system where hosting ranks can be bought. 

P.S; people may want the system where you can buy hosting ranks but your assuming this instead of actually asking the players. I myself never disagreed with this idea, I just think you should ask the players ingame via the polling system.

Edited by Zeds
16 minutes ago, Zeds said:

Did I ever say that? Did I ever say thay the community shouldn't hold bags? Did I ever say that there should be a NPC vs player system for a PKP sink?

Stop presuming what people want. Use the polling system.

I stated that you shouldn't presume that people want a system where a hosting rank is bought. 

I don't want to assume what people want HENCE I said use the polling system. You can have other ways of player vs player dicing without a system where hosting ranks can be bought. 

P.S; people may want the system where you can buy hosting ranks but your assuming this instead of actually asking the players. I myself never disagreed with this idea, I just think you should ask the players ingame via the polling system.

Relax lol he's just saying someone who's spent real life money on a dice bag would think twice before ever scamming someone which would force them to lose the dice bag they paid for and never be allowed to host again + followed by a ban.

41 minutes ago, Smackd said:

Relax lol he's just saying someone who's spent real life money on a dice bag would think twice before ever scamming someone which would force them to lose the dice bag they paid for and never be allowed to host again + followed by a ban.

Good point. So you are suggesting making dice bags limited only to the donating population, and non-tradeable? (not saying I disagree) 

Edited by Zeds
41 minutes ago, Zeds said:

Good point. So you are suggesting making dice bags limited only to the donating population, and non-tradeable? (not saying I disagree) 

That's just a thought but yeah I fully support that, but if someone was to buy it I via PKP it would have to be something for the extremely rich so they don't scam.

1 hour ago, Smackd said:

That's just a thought but yeah I fully support that, but if someone was to buy it I via PKP it would have to be something for the extremely rich so they don't scam.

Then who would buy it for PKP? Not worth investing so much for only, say, 55/45 odds in gambling.

Edited by Zeds

Not going to name it but there's a big server with flower poker where you go to an area that has similar functionality to the duel arena, where in this specific area you have a right click "gamble" option (or something to that effect).

this would open up a screen that could be optimized to fit flower poker, and would minimalize the chances of anyone being scammed. 

@Gretar @Sage fest @Zoradz @Smackd @ml gudi

21 minutes ago, Tupac said:

Not going to name it but there's a big server with flower poker where you go to an area that has similar functionality to the duel arena, where in this specific area you have a right click "gamble" option (or something to that effect).

this would open up a screen that could be optimized to fit flower poker, and would minimalize the chances of anyone being scammed. 

Aw man, another server has a similar idea already? But if you read my main post, I suggested a similar gambling area. 

40 minutes ago, Tupac said:

Nah just thought of that on my own, sucks we're not original but gambling is a decent add. 

Lots of people love the gambling aspect on rsps, some people even only play some servers for this. In my personal opinion the best way to implement this is with option two (

• Would a player have to donate for the bag/spot?) Make it only purchasable if you are super donator like an upgrade to the rank able to use the dice bag. Scamming will most likely happen regardless and that is the risk the player takes when they trade the items over. Highly support this idea. 

Yes. It is possible to have player hosts whilst making it impossible to scam too.

Using a custom interface, the bets can be locked in, actions can be automated and winnings can be claimed.

Pretty much how the duel arena works. So the only "scam" that could be done is rule switch or item switch, which if you still fall for that, well... you deserve it.

liking the ideas being put through but i don't automatically agree that hosts should be donators because even some of the biggest donators have been known to do some sketchy things i feel if this was ever implemented that the trusted hosts if there are any chosen should be given a dice bag from a mod+ and should be mutually agreed upon though the staff team based on that person(s) past account history as well as based on how the entire staff team see the person(s) as a whole

4 hours ago, Tupac said:

alot of servers have gambling areas it's our job as a community and the staffs job as the staff team to make it thrive from what other servers have roats is basically 1 of a kind at this stage and i don't believe that will change putting in a gambling area

• 4 weeks later...