Vote Tickets and PKP

Amir

Vote tickets look exactly like pkp, many new people are actually losing their banks because of this scam.

I fell for this back when I joined.

We need one of them to be changed, preferably the Vote Tickets.

Also, the 100 pkp reward should be removed, selling a vote ticket is 500 alone, if you want to keep that the reward is usually 80-1k anyway, so using 100 pkp is pretty much useless.

Thoughts?

- Amir PK

• Upvote 1

Agree except you're forgetting one thing:

The 100 PKP selection isn't useless because you also get 1 VP doing that, and now also bonuses in PKing and PVMing. So yeah, you can sell your vote ticket 500 points easy but think why someone is paying that - you have to sacrifice those benefits received from claiming the ticket.

There are plenty of books, caskets, scrolls etc already in the RuneScape cache so why we're using one crummy item model for multiple currency types is beyond idiotic. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

The 100 PKP selection isn't useless because you also get 1 VP doing that, and now also bonuses in PKing and PVMing. So yeah, you can sell your vote ticket 500 points easy but think why someone is paying that - you have to sacrifice those benefits received from claiming the ticket.

There are plenty of books, caskets, scrolls etc already in the RuneScape cache so why we're using one crummy item model for multiple currency types is beyond idiotic. 

They added rune pouch, d defender, g maul whatever all that bullshit to the vote package, and I heard u had the same chance to get a seers (i) as for claws/gmaul, pouch, then u got statius and shit too I'd say packages are best to go for, 100 pkp is way too little considering u can get a chance of getting 1k per package or only like 40 pkp less rofl

5 minutes ago, Floyd said:

They added rune pouch, d defender, g maul whatever all that bullshit to the vote package, and I heard u had the same chance to get a seers (i) as for claws/gmaul, pouch, then u got statius and shit too I'd say packages are best to go for, 100 pkp is way too little considering u can get a chance of getting 1k per package or only like 40 pkp less rofl

IDK about the package upgrade, always done the PKP option because years ago it was proved to be the better option overall (when you used to keep getting untradeables like fcape and torso)

Just now, PK Guy said:

IDK about the package upgrade, always done the PKP option because years ago it was proved to be the better option overall (when you used to keep getting untradeables like fcape and torso)

Yh but now u can get more 500-1k items more often cuz theres more of them, used to be just 1, I’d lose for the chance 2win

1 hour ago, PK Guy said:

You get the benefits from voting and doing ::claim not by opening a vote.

you get 1 vp for doing the box too, which is 10x better.

Opened 200+ boxes today, it is 10x better than getting 100 pkp.

Votes are different color to that of PKP tickets plus show higher trade value per ticket so it's very very easy to not get scammed. The only changes i feel that are needed is a actual drop table for the vote package on ::drops as a lot of new players ask what's the possible items to get. Also another addition i'd like to see is the possibility to get any vote store item in the vote package; obviously higher the VP's the item is worth the rarer it is to get. Think this is needed since the infernal hype basically sank all vote store items back into the vote store. 

1 hour ago, JBLIND™ said:

Votes are different color to that of PKP tickets plus show higher trade value per ticket so it's very very easy to not get scammed. The only changes i feel that are needed is a actual drop table for the vote package on ::drops as a lot of new players ask what's the possible items to get. Also another addition i'd like to see is the possibility to get any vote store item in the vote package; obviously higher the VP's the item is worth the rarer it is to get. Think this is needed since the infernal hype basically sank all vote store items back into the vote store. 

they're not slightly discolored a vote ticket might be slightly brighter but there is no distinct difference between the two i feel like the vote ticket should completely move from the bar crawl ticket and be made into a makeover voucher it overall looks nicer and there is a obvious difference from it and the bar crawl ticket this should have been done from the start no two currency items shouldn't look the same in any way

5 minutes ago, ml gudi said:

they're not slightly discolored a vote ticket might be slightly brighter but there is no distinct difference between the two i feel like the vote ticket should completely move from the bar crawl ticket and be made into a makeover voucher it overall looks nicer and there is a obvious difference from it and the bar crawl ticket this should have been done from the start no two currency items shouldn't look the same in any way

Agreed, no one has the time to just straight up look at it that close to see which ones brighter, + most new players do not know this fact.

Edited by Amir

Votes was 1-200, they have just inflated hugely due to updates like inferno e.t.c. The price should not be changed to 500 because will drop at some point, and for the rewards gained, you average less than 500 from them. 

Vote tickets should be changed, and I'm sure was supposed to in the past.

Im with you Kush, just because a couple of vote point reward items were released, tickets suddenly went from 200-250 all the way up to a solid 450-500, the way this could be fixed is by lowering the price of the inferno cape, which would make people less desperate for vote tickets which would then make people not want to pay as much for them.

11 hours ago, Amir said:

Agreed, no one has the time to just straight up look at it that close to see which ones brighter, + most new players do not know this fact.

If your getting scammed at duel arena you are just dumb, there are 2 'accept or decline' screens before you even start this fight and if you are stupid enough to not check what items the opponent has put up then that is your own fault, your issue with the vote tickets, pkp points etc is the same as an AGS and BGS.. If your stupid enough to not notice the difference between PKP and Vote points then your stupid enough to fall for the BGS scam. Enough said :)

4 minutes ago, T O M M Y said:

Im with you Kush, just because a couple of vote point reward items were released, tickets suddenly went from 200-250 all the way up to a solid 450-500, the way this could be fixed is by lowering the price of the inferno cape, which would make people less desperate for vote tickets which would then make people not want to pay as much for them.

If your getting scammed at duel arena you are just dumb, there are 2 'accept or decline' screens before you even start this fight and if you are stupid enough to not check what items the opponent has put up then that is your own fault, your issue with the vote tickets, pkp points etc is the same as an AGS and BGS.. If your stupid enough to not notice the difference between PKP and Vote points then your stupid enough to fall for the BGS scam. Enough said :)

All i'm saying is for the new players, it won't happen to people who are older.

+ All day I see on yell 'this person is doing the pkp scam', why is there a way to easily scam that's just widely available, it would save time for staff and players if they just changed the looks.

5 minutes ago, T O M M Y said:

8 minutes ago, Pk Kush said:

Votes was 1-200, they have just inflated hugely due to updates like inferno e.t.c. The price should not be changed to 500 because will drop at some point, and for the rewards gained, you average less than 500 from them. 

Vote tickets should be changed, and I'm sure was supposed to in the past.

If the price of the inferno drops + votes drop, then a lot more people will have the inferno cape.. it's pretty strong, this wont be good for anyone rn.

1 minute ago, Amir said:

All i'm saying is for the new players, it won't happen to people who are older.

+ All day I see on yell 'this person is doing the pkp scam', why is there a way to easily scam that's just widely available, it would save time for staff and players if they just changed the looks.

Because the staff on this server don't see it as scamming... Hence why they changed the rules about scamming and they don't care about duel arena, if you get scammed in the duel arena they see it as your dumb and you'll learn your lesson and not let it happen again. I see where your coming from but it's just using your brain a bit... You do have to CLICK ACCEPT TWICE BEFORE YOU FIGHT.

Just now, T O M M Y said:

Because the staff on this server don't see it as scamming... Hence why they changed the rules about scamming and they don't care about duel arena, if you get scammed in the duel arena they see it as your dumb and you'll learn your lesson and not let it happen again. I see where your coming from but it's just using your brain a bit... You do have to CLICK ACCEPT TWICE BEFORE YOU FIGHT.

ITS NOT JUST DUEL ARENA THO IS IT? lel, it's also trades, i'm just saying it'd save time, it's such an easy change.

1 minute ago, Amir said:

ITS NOT JUST DUEL ARENA THO IS IT? lel, it's also trades, i'm just saying it'd save time, it's such an easy change.

Also in trades, you have to click accept twice reviewing the offer TWICE. I know you are, but time is precious for developers and staff, they do have families and full time jobs etc.. Roatz isn't their life.

Just now, T O M M Y said:

Also in trades, you have to click accept twice reviewing the offer TWICE. I know you are, but time is precious for developers and staff, they do have families and full time jobs etc.. Roatz isn't their life.

Yes but it'd improve THEIR game, we can all agree roatz is dying atm, if they're doing a bulk update, this should be on their list.

3 minutes ago, Amir said:

Yeah im with you on that one, but the amount of suggestions they are given to improve the server and then they come out with these huge updates.. They should be fixing the smaller and easier things first to satisfy everyone and then get onto the bigger projects, anyways we're spamming the hell out of this post so leave it there.

1 minute ago, T O M M Y said:

Yeah im with you on that one, but the amount of suggestions they are given to improve the server and then they come out with these huge updates.. They should be fixing the smaller and easier things first to satisfy everyone and then get onto the bigger projects, anyways we're spamming the hell out of this post so leave it there.

That's true I guess, it was just a little suggestion which has been flying around for ages tbh.

3 hours ago, Amir said:

Yes but it'd improve THEIR game, we can all agree roatz is dying atm, if they're doing a bulk update, this should be on their list.

Roat isn't dying lol idk if you was around to play the old client :thinking::joy:; at that point yes, it was dying 

2 hours ago, JBLIND™ said:

Roat isn't dying lol idk if you was around to play the old client :thinking::joy:; at that point yes, it was dying 

Haha I've missed a fair few years off roatz tbh, it seems like everyday people are quitting or getting bored. Then you get half the cancerous players.

I guess it could be doing a lot better than rn, may not be dying but could do with a lil boost. Roatz is hanging on to the fact that it used to have a lot of players and that it was big.

*This is just my opinion and I don't mean any of this in a bad way, saying it for constructive criticism** 

On 10/3/2017 at 11:43 AM, T O M M Y said:

OMG!!! Time is so precious... Gretar is so busy IRL (even though RPkz is his full time job - he literally sits at a computer daily) doesn't have time to take 2 SECONDS to open up a file, change the ID of an item from one number to another and then click save! Nice defence, you think people have time to carefully look at trade screens to avoid getting scams? Same shit

On 10/3/2017 at 3:14 PM, JBLIND™ said:

Definitely is dying I can honestly say Edge Pking for 1 defence pures has finished. That's why I barely play this server anymore.

On 10/4/2017 at 5:57 PM, PK Guy said:

OMG!!! Time is so precious... Gretar is so busy IRL (even though RPkz is his full time job - he literally sits at a computer daily) doesn't have time to take 2 SECONDS to open up a file, change the ID of an item from one number to another and then click save! Nice defence, you think people have time to carefully look at trade screens to avoid getting scams? Same shit

Definitely is dying I can honestly say Edge Pking for 1 defence pures has finished. That's why I barely play this server anymore.

It is dying because people don't like to see new things happen, they don't like change, they don't like adapting to new ideas.. That's their choice.

21 hours ago, T O M M Y said:

It is dying because people don't like to see new things happen, they don't like change, they don't like adapting to new ideas.. That's their choice.

What new ideas? Roatpkz is still way behind other OSRS servers in terms of content and IMO the stuff that has been added has been implemented poorly.

It's not the worst RSPS, but also it's not anywhere near the top. Roatpkz is just mediocre now and I don't say this with a smile on my face. It deserves so much more.

2 hours ago, PK Guy said:

What new ideas? Roatpkz is still way behind other OSRS servers in terms of content and IMO the stuff that has been added has been implemented poorly.

It's not the worst RSPS, but also it's not anywhere near the top. Roatpkz is just mediocre now and I don't say this with a smile on my face. It deserves so much more.

Yeah i get where your coming from and yes it is behind but Roatz doesn't have the staff that are able to make big changes or even small ones all the time. Unless you want to step up and start fixing shit then stop complaining lol