Thanks for taking my osrs gold, Gretar!

I never fall for phishing links, and Roat has been the only server I've played since I got this computer.

I ran into Gretar in osrs while training my magic, must have decided he wanted to infect me and take my items.

Thank you for taking 75m, it blows my mind that I put time into playing your server, advertising your server, only to to have my hard work stolen from me.

Super disappointed. I have no idea if I'm ratted because of the .Jar file, not certain how to remove it if I am.

Be careful users, I doubt I'm the only person this will happen to.

2 minutes ago, pkmafia8 said:

database leak...

was there a database leak? I saw another thread about people getting hacked. That's why I assume it's roat related.

Just now, Fantastic said:

How'd you run into Gretar?

I was stun alching in edgeville and he walked past me, I asked him if it was him and he said yes and that he wasn't on osrs that often.

4 minutes ago, Mr Nova said:

Hey virgin, if I had a cell phone I would use the authenticator.

You can get authenticator app on computers too! Google it

As for DB leaks, shouldn't really matter - only an idiot uses same pass for RS and RSPS

Not that I think Roat has had one for a long while (that I know of)

4 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

You can get authenticator app on computers too! Google it

As for DB leaks, shouldn't really matter - only an idiot uses same pass for RS and RSPS

Not that I think Roat has had one for a long while (that I know of)

I didn't use the same password, no way in hell lmfao.

My password wasn't changed, I logged in and my gold/items were gone.

Just now, Smackd said:

Lol, yes because Gretar needs your 75m bro.

I can assure you it wasn't Gretar, scan your PC. Gretar has been donated billions before by top donators so your little stack of 75m isn't really anything of interest.

75m is still $75 if he sells gold, why wouldn't he take it?

It's the only thing that makes sense. I don't fall for emails, I don't fall for phishing links. The only thing I've updated was the Roat PKZ .jar file.

It's a shame, really.

Just now, John said:

100% not gretar, he's actually super nice and genuine believe it or not. your welfare cheque of 75m wouldn't even make him blink. Sorry to see this happen to you but blindly blaming Gretar is straight moronic.

It's the only logical explanation. There's just no other possibility.

Might not necessarily be Gretar if someone else has access to the files.

Whether it was Roat PKZ related (which in my opinion, it has to be) or not. I just wanted to warn people so they aren't staring at their empty bank with a pit feeling in their stomach because their hard work was stolen from them like I am.

Just now, Mr Nova said:

It's the only logical explanation. There's just no other possibility.

Might not necessarily be Gretar if someone else has access to the files.

First of all after the first and ONLY database leak passwords were not stored in plaintext so EVEN of he wanted too he couldn't get your password that way. Feel free to deob the client and look through it there nothing linking to malicious activity in it. Again you didn't have any extra security features I recommend adding those now so this doesn't happen in the future. But I can assure you it was not gretar.

Just now, John said:

First of all after the first and ONLY database leak passwords were not stored in plaintext so EVEN of he wanted too he couldn't get your password that way. Feel free to deob the client and look through it there nothing linking to malicious activity in it. Again you didn't have any extra security features I recommend adding those now so this doesn't happen in the future. But I can assure you it was not gretar.

Yeah, I feel like an idiot for not putting a bank pin on my account. I just have always been so careful that I never thought it would happen to me.

I also don't have a cell phone nor did I play right when the auth. thing came out, so I couldn't have applied that to my account anyways.

I just don't want this to happen to you guys/anyone else in general. This is a horrible feeling, regardless if my 75m is pocket change to some of you, I still worked hard to get that gold.

I just don't understand how my password wasn't changed, but my account was hijacked.

1 minute ago, John said:

the database got leaked and followed by a mass hacking

so maybe the person who got the database hacked him? sounds logical

1 minute ago, Mr Nova said:

Yeah, I feel like an idiot for not putting a bank pin on my account. I just have always been so careful that I never thought it would happen to me.

I also don't have a cell phone nor did I play right when the auth. thing came out, so I couldn't have applied that to my account anyways.

I just don't want this to happen to you guys/anyone else in general. This is a horrible feeling, regardless if my 75m is pocket change to some of you, I still worked hard to get that gold.

Mate I understand i'm very poor on OSRS, and I got cleaned on RS3 from over 2b bank. But please dont blindly accuse someone who wouldn't scam you for even 500m. Trust me he's not like that i've known him for many years.

@pkmafia8 The only database leak is 5 years old by now.

1 minute ago, John said:

Mate I understand i'm very poor on OSRS, and I got cleaned on RS3 from over 2b bank. But please dont blindly accuse someone who wouldn't scam you for even 500m. Trust me he's not like that i've known him for many years.

@pkmafia8 The only database leak is 5 years old by now.

nah it happend recently titans member bodybag got it

he got macbanned for masshacking

Just now, John said:

You're right, I do apologize for blaming Gretar specifically, I wasn't even aware of the database leak, I just saw a thread about "a string of hacked accounts" and I figured it was the only possibility.

who the hell are you talking to gretar like that fucking rat, you random ass kiddo GETT OUTTA HERE NOW, before imma ban you on forums and ingame fucking rat.

stop blaming gretar my brother, for something which he didnt do if he was a hungry guy he would have stealed 1 by 1 every account. so ye,  thats basicly it.

now stop talk random kid, ive never saw ur forum name or ur ingame name so ur just unknown that is blaming outta no where. 

1 more topic or 1 more post, imma ban you and drop you # have a nice day # get lost.

Edited by Gym Life
  • Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Gym Life said:

who the hell are you talking to gretar like that fucking rat, you random ass kiddo GETT OUTTA HERE NOW, before imma ban you on forums and ingame fucking rat.

stop blaming gretar my brother, for something which he didnt do if he was a hungry guy he would have stealed 1 by 1 every account. so ye,  thats basicly it.

now stop talk random kid, ive never saw ur forum name or ur ingame name so ur just unknown that is blaming outta no where. 

1 more topic or 1 more post, imma ban you and drop you # have a nice day # get lost.

I was active in game for several months, I don't use the forums.

Shut up, stop talking like you're important. I simply was warning others of potential danger of their accounts.

"You're just unknown" it amazes me how people think they're "somebody" over a private server. Man you must be slow.

Plus, if you read the entire thread you'd see I was made aware of a dataleak, which wouldn't be Gretars fault then.

But you are exactly like 90% of the other 12 year olds within private server communities and think you're some tough gangster know it all.

3 hours ago, Mr Nova said:

Hey virgin, if I had a cell phone I would use the authenticator.

90% of roat

3 hours ago, Mr Nova said:

You're right, I do apologize for blaming Gretar specifically, I wasn't even aware of the database leak, I just saw a thread about "a string of hacked accounts" and I figured it was the only possibility.

Also this post kills me...

Your position has moved from:

" I ran into Gretar in osrs while training my magic, must have decided he wanted to infect me and take my items."  and now to
"I just saw a thread about "a string of hacked accounts" and I figured it was the only possibility."

Your starting position is so rock solid there's no way you could possibly move to where you are now without you lying in the first place. You made the accusation that Gretar "RAN INTO YOU" and now it could be something else? You're not very smart are you?

Obviously everything you're saying might not be untrue. You probably did lose 75m on rs in a disingenuous way, but for you to accuse Gretar of it and try to put his character on the line is pretty unforgivable. Gretars income is based entirely on people trusting him to send them at minimum their address, so for you to try to make money out of his pocket when you're not even sure how you lost your money just makes you look stupid

Good luck getting a phone (Lol) and securing your account.

edit: also I support everything @Gym Life said

Edited by Team Selena Gomez
1 hour ago, I d0wn U said:

Gym life has missing chromosomes Nova, Don't mind him.. BTW GYM LIFE, it's Stolen not "stealed"................ moron

I see that, haha.

1 hour ago, Sage fest said:

The other logical conclusion even more applicaple lol is you had an easy password. "Hunter2", "dragon". xD 

My password on Runescape isn't something you can guess.

28 minutes ago, Team Selena Gomez said:

90% of roat

Also this post kills me...

Your position has moved from:

" I ran into Gretar in osrs while training my magic, must have decided he wanted to infect me and take my items."  and now to
"I just saw a thread about "a string of hacked accounts" and I figured it was the only possibility."

Your starting position is so rock solid there's no way you could possibly move to where you are now without you lying in the first place. You made the accusation that Gretar "RAN INTO YOU" and now it could be something else? You're not very smart are you?

Obviously everything you're saying might not be untrue. You probably did lose 75m on rs in a disingenuous way, but for you to accuse Gretar of it and try to put his character on the line is pretty unforgivable. Gretars income is based entirely on people trusting him to send them at minimum their address, so for you to try to make money out of his pocket when you're not even sure how you lost your money just makes you look stupid

Good luck getting a phone (Lol) and securing your account.

edit: also I support everything @Gym Life said

My stance changed because when I first posted this, it was the only logical thing to have happened. I met Gretar in-game, and it could have made me a target. Then I was made aware of the dataleak and realized that's more likely, as it would seem like more people would have had this issue by now.

It wasn't an unfair assumption. I have played RS for many many years, and I've always been extremely careful not to jeopardize my account and wealth in-game.

Roat is the only private server I play(ed), therefore, it was the most likely reason for being hacked.

I don't want to be on a cell phone 24/7 so I choose not to have one. But it seems for video games and securing your account it would have been a smart investment.

Yeah, you agree with Gym Life because you're at an equal intelligence level as him. Thanks for stopping by.

16 minutes ago, Mr Nova said:

I see that, haha.

My password on Runescape isn't something you can guess.

My stance changed because when I first posted this, it was the only logical thing to have happened. I met Gretar in-game, and it could have made me a target. Then I was made aware of the dataleak and realized that's more likely, as it would seem like more people would have had this issue by now.

It wasn't an unfair assumption. I have played RS for many many years, and I've always been extremely careful not to jeopardize my account and wealth in-game.

Roat is the only private server I play(ed), therefore, it was the most likely reason for being hacked.

I don't want to be on a cell phone 24/7 so I choose not to have one. But it seems for video games and securing your account it would have been a smart investment.

Yeah, you agree with Gym Life because you're at an equal intelligence level as him. Thanks for stopping by.

"could have been" ;l "more likely" "seem like" "most likely". Go read my man. You appear to struggle to come to a definitive conclusion on anything. Just because your horribly concocted accusation got debunked doesn't mean you have to speak like you're hesitant of what your own name is. You had trouble justifying your own theory so how about you act like you want to learn rather than trying to point another finger, especially when you sound so lacking of confidence

Your stance didn't change because it was the "only logical thing", it changed because you didn't want to use your potato brain and think, instead you found it easier to find a scapegoat.

Just because you feel you are responsible doesn't mean you are. You have admitted to clicking an unsecure e-mail, so obviously you aren't as responsible as you think you are.

23 minutes ago, Team Selena Gomez said:

"could have been" ;l "more likely" "seem like" "most likely". Go read my man. You appear to struggle to come to a definitive conclusion on anything. Just because your horribly concocted accusation got debunked doesn't mean you have to speak like you're hesitant of what your own name is. You had trouble justifying your own theory so how about you act like you want to learn rather than trying to point another finger, especially when you sound so lacking of confidence

Your stance didn't change because it was the "only logical thing", it changed because you didn't want to use your potato brain and think, instead you found it easier to find a scapegoat.

Just because you feel you are responsible doesn't mean you are. You have admitted to clicking an unsecure e-mail, so obviously you aren't as responsible as you think you are.

You do realize that I don't know for certain if Roat is the culprit, however, it IS the most likely place to look. Due to the fact I can't be 100% certain, and never will be, of course there isn't going to be an extreme amount confidence/certainty. ESPECIALLY when more information has been stated about data leaks ect. The more people talked about other possible ways it happened, the less I pointed my finger at Gretar. (As I didn't want to think he would/anyone he was associated with would do this).

I did not admit to opening unsecure e-mails, you are making things up. I said I DON'T fall for phishing emails.

Nothing has been debunked, you may want to look up the definition of that one before saying I have a potato brain lol.

It's very irritating that people like you cannot reply to a thread without insulting people, I hate to stoop down to your level, but I seriously want to know how awful your parents were to you. 

11 hours ago, JBLIND said:

Not Gretar, he's probably the nicest person on this whole RSPS. Bad luck mate. 

Yeah I just found out Konduit client had a data leak issue?

If that's the case then that's likely what caused it.

And if that is the case, then I want to apologize to Gretar for pointing fingers at him.. You just wouldn't expect an OSRS client that's supported by Jagex to be the cause.

I'm stressed out because while I'm educated about Rats, Phishing ect.. I don't know how to remove one if I am infected. I really don't want to reformat my PC either.

Edited by Mr Nova