Huge Mead Suggestion Thread PKP MONEY MAKING/PRESETS/TOURNAMENTS/ITEMS/KILLSTREAKS

Mead

Amazing topic and appreciate your effort. Loads of this i'll smack Gretar's ass into doing. Only issue is with your prices is that players refuse to risk even with the current prices. Now making PKP with the new BH system is quite easy but we have lazy players as well as mostly stakers. However, I do still agree there needs to be a more variation of method to be able to make PKP. Loads of the suggestions you have made are perfect and should and will be implemented. 

• Upvote 1

Most of your suggestions to make money require to go deep wildy lol. It would require the whole server to be constantly getting fucked by veteran clans, and making current pretty much all pkp items to be worth more? This is a private server, I don't want to work just as hard as 07 when I can just play the real thing. The number one key aspect of roatpkz, is the ability to pk instantly while still being able to compete, once you change this fundamental aspect we aren't unique and we lose our appeal for the chance to attract a potential crowd you're specifically catering to fuck them. 

Edited by Sage fest

1 hour ago, Sage fest said:

Most of your suggestions to make money require to go deep wildy lol. It would require the whole server to be constantly getting fucked by veteran clans, and making current pretty much all pkp items to be worth more? This is a private server, I don't want to work just as hard as 07 when I can just play the real thing. The number one key aspect of roatpkz, is the ability to pk instantly while still being able to compete, once you change this fundamental aspect we aren't unique and we lose our appeal for the chance to attract a potential crowd you're specifically catering to fuck them. 

No I don't think you've even read it thoroughly there's 3 other alternatives ways to make pkp in a safe environment if the wilderness is not your thing.

Barrows, DKS and Tournaments 

Barrows minigame will be activity not in the wilderness  but in a safe zone, Did you not read? the specifications and details?.

There's will be so much PKP that can be made through this method and it is safe.

---------------------------------------------------------------------READ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

qS-t80JjReW77TvmrWhzDg.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------READ-------------------------------------------------------------------------

DKS will be activity not in the wilderness  but in a safe zone, Did you not read? the specifications and details?..

AWxzCuooQXmo1Ug9yHqMvQ.png

Also a revamp to the Tournament System which will bring in pkp fairly to those who compete in it with the above changes.

So I would actually want to know what is your main issue because lets get this straight this server is a OSRS PK SERVER, this is what it's currently advertising itself as but currently it is not at that point where it can keep new players playing as I've mentioned before it's only the veterans playing now.

Picture this @Sage fest if you as a new player (yourself) heard of Roat Pkz and it just re-released today in its current state (NO PKP MONEY MAKING METHODS, ITEMS PRICE AREN'T BALANCED and lackluster OSRS CONTENT) Would give this server a try?

No because it gets overlooked and this is what every potential new player sees, It's actually even worse because ROAT PKZ has a history as "that rsps" "the one with wings" "water cape?" etc. And im pretty certain @Gretar is looking for better page in the book.

3 OSRS youtubers were paid advertised the server recently and guess what? they gained money and we never gained no one this is because if you didn't know but as I said before previously because of the history of roats and how it is currently no one even gave it a chance. Things need to be improved and re-balanced before even thinking about advertising this server to the OSRS community again or if at all.

When its still stuck with the same people (not everyone) who are stuck in there selfish ways because they don't know any better and don't even realize the server has changed through those 6 years because all they see is their hoarded bank/placehoaders and not the actual pk scene.

If Roats never had a new client going in the direct of OSRS as was still stuck in that era of 2011 would you even still play?

What is the actual fear in improving the server for the better so it can actually retain a player base that Pk's from 07?

This server is advertised as OSRS Pking Server oo please always remember that.

Edited by Mead
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, Mead said:

No I don't think you've even read it throughly there's 3 other alternatives ways to make pkp in a safe environment if the wilderness is not your thing.

Barrows, DKS and Tournaments 

Barrows minigame will be activity not in the wilderness  but in a safe zone, Did you not read? the specifications and details?.

There's will be so much PKP that can be made through this method and it is safe.

qS-t80JjReW77TvmrWhzDg.png

DKS will be activity not in the wilderness  but in a safe zone, Did you not read? the specifications and details?..

AWxzCuooQXmo1Ug9yHqMvQ.png

Also a revamp to the Tournament System which will bring in pkp fairly to those who compete in it with the above changes.

So I would actually want to know what is your main issue because lets get this straight this server is a OSRS PK SERVER, this is what it's currently advertising itself as but currently it is not at that point where it can keep new players playing as I've mentioned before it's only the veterans playing now.

Picture this @Sage fest if you as a new player (yourself) heard of Roat Pkz and it just re-released today in its current state (NO PKP MONEY MAKING METHODS, ITEMS PRICE AREN'T BALANCED and lackluster OSRS CONTENT) Would give this server a try?

No because it gets overlooked and this is what every potential new player sees, It's actually even worse because ROAT PKZ has a history as "that rsps" "the one with wings" "water cape?" etc. And im pretty certain @Gretar is looking for better page in the book.

2 OSRS youtubers advertised the server recently if you didn't know but as I said before because of the history of roats and how it is currently no one even gave it a chance, things need to be improved and re-balanced before even thinking about advertising this server to the OSRS community when its still stuck with the same people (not everyone) who are stuck in there selfish ways because they don't know any better and don't even realize the server has changed through those 6 years because all they see is their hoarded bank/placehoaders and not the actual pk scene.

If Roats never had a new client going in the direct of OSRS as was still stuck in that era of 2011 would you even still play?

What is the actual fear in improving the server for the better so it can actually retain a player base that Pk's from 07?

This server is advertised as OSRS Pking Server oo please always remember that.

It's been slowly been transitioning the past 2-3 years to 07 sure, doesn't mean that the majority of our pkers don't pk at edge, does not mean a few veterans successful propaganda speaks for eveyone. It does not mean we don't have areas that outstrip bridders from pures, riskers, etc. Barrows, and dag are currently in wildy, now it's totally cool if you want them to their 07 designated spots. However, it does not change the fact your prices will cause inflation, it won't change the mindset of our current players that want instant gratification. They'd rather pk on the spot, Some of your suggestions are fine but when I see stamnia potions/decreasing run energy, I can't but help but link you to 07. 

Edited by Sage fest

44 minutes ago, Sage fest said:

It's been slowly been transitioning the past 2-3 years to 07 sure, doesn't mean that the majority of our pkers don't pk at edge, does not mean a few veterans successful propaganda speaks for eveyone. It does not mean we don't have areas that outstrip bridders from pures, riskers, etc. Barrows, and dag are currently in wildy, now it's totally cool if you want them to their 07 designated spots. However, it does not change the fact your prices will cause inflation, it won't change the mindset of our current players that want instant gratification. They'd rather pk on the spot, Some of your suggestions are fine but when I see stamnia potions/decreasing run energy, I can't but help but link you to 07. 

I don't know when the last time you logged in mate or went to the Wilderness but Barrows aren't in the wilderness and Dagannoths aren't even ingame the current area is an instance used for tournaments.

The above is a means to make PKP which this server doesn't have.

It's called re-balancing and this is what it needs to attract and keep new players playing

Once there is a means to make PKP there will be no problem in changing the current prices of PKP items, what's there to be afraid of? This is what this PK server needs.

Stamia potions/decreasing energy may not apply to you because I've stated it says "To deplete in Dangerous Areas (Wilderness) and not in (Safezones)" So if you are just standing at home or ::cw having a chatshow you'll be fine nothing to worry about. There's also no reason to link me to 07 I play OSRS.

And ask yourself this when all the veterans leave what happens now?

More veterans? or a death of a server?

Edited by Mead

1 minute ago, Mead said:

I don't know when the last time you logged in mate or went to the Wilderness but Barrows aren't in the wilderness and Dagannoths aren't even ingame the current area an instance used for tournaments.

The above is a means to make PKP which this server doesn't have.

It's called re-balancing and this is what it needs to attract and keep new players playing

One there is a means to make PKP there will be no problem in changing the current prices of PKP items, what's there to be afraid of? This is what this PK server needs.

Stamia potions/decreasing energy may not apply to you because I've stated it says "To deplete in Dangerous Areas (Wilderness) and not in (Safezones)" So if you are just standing at home or ::cw having a chatshow you'll be fine nothing to worry about. There's also no reason to link me to 07 I play OSRS.

And ask yourself this when all the veterans leave what happens now?

More veterans? or a death of a server?

I don't want micromanagement pking, "oh woe is me how dare they dd on me, whatever shall I do now Ik I'll go suggest potions to keep up", me disagreeing has nothing to do with me pking deep, strawman. I've already told you the problem twice, this is a pking server not a pvp one it's great you want some more pkp methods, but at the cost of the one thing that keeps roatz what it essentially is? stress free and user friendly.  "The end is near", you speak of veterans but we've heard that countless times over the years yet manage 200-250+ it may fluctuate, but never have we been in dire need of such drastic changes. Gretar already understands his player base and that most of your suggestions won't fly. Though, this debate is pointless the wait time for this shit even if it was taken seriously is a year +. 

33 minutes ago, Sage fest said:

I don't want micromanagement pking, "oh woe is me how dare they dd on me, whatever shall I do now Ik I'll go suggest potions to keep up", me disagreeing has nothing to do with me pking deep, strawman. I've already told you the problem twice, this is a pking server not a pvp one it's great you want some more pkp methods, but at the cost of the one thing that keeps roatz what it essentially is? stress free and user friendly.  "The end is near", you speak of veterans but we've heard that countless times over the years yet manage 200-250+ it may fluctuate, but never have we been in dire need of such drastic changes. Gretar already understands his player base and that most of your suggestions won't fly. Though, this debate is pointless the wait time for this shit even if it was taken seriously is a year +. 

You do make a fair point, but since gretar is doing his best to advertise the server and bring in more players these changes are a must. People want variety which roatpkz doesn't really offer. It gets too repetetive after a while. Yes veterans will stay, but we have already seen that new players that join the server all leave pretty quickly. 

Also i do not really agree on your argument that roatpkz still peaks pretty decent numbers. Its all just hype thing. We get these numbers only after updates i.e when ballista ancestral etc was added or when we got some youtubers to promote the server. It look pretty for just a few weeks and after the hype decreases we are back at point 0

tbh i like the idea of these updates, but the price of certain items has to be looked into, peoples banks will out of nowhere bump up loads of pkp so instead of draining eco it will mean that eco will get even more fked. If items do get buffed in price i suggest every item that you have of that kind get reset to 1 in your bank.

Also add guthix rests to encourage more risk fighting.

Thank you very much for this topic, it helps a lot and gives me many many good ideas for the future.

ITEM PRICE CHANGES SUGGESTIONS
Before I reply to every suggestion I wanna say I don't agree with all item changes and making pkp methods 5-10x better while raising items 5-10x will result in same situation as we are in now ? But it's true for sure that many items do need item price changes.

MAGE ARENA SUGGESTION
Yes I agree with mage arena it should be better pkp hour and make kodai wand 'rare' again. We also have to add the timer so ur immune from their auto retaliate so u can't just afk 24/7 and no one can pj you there.

BARROW MINIGAME SUGGESTION
Yes I agree with barrows minigame, it would be great for new players who are just starting out and a decent money maker in safe zone. I also think barrow items do need a raise in price but I think your prices a bit 2 high.

REMOVING BEARDED GORILLAS
Removing them has always been on 'to-do' list until enough other money making methods are in-game, so I agree on that one.

DEMONIC GORILLAS / SELLBACK SUGGESTION
I am not comfortable changing the 30% sellback at pkp shop yet since it's one of our largest sinks atm, what I would wanna try is a trading post in-game and slap a 2-3% tax on every sale and see how large of a sink that'd be, if big enough I can reduce the shop %. A store where u can sell any item back for maybe 60-70% street value is also good.

BLACK CHINS SUGGESTION
I think this is a great idea and limiting combat level also very good. I do however think it should be linked to hunter skill and we should add hunter with skilling in-game, and instead of chinchompa points you'd either get 'skilling points' or chinchompas which u can sell back to skilling shop for skilling points.

TOURNAMENT REVAMP SUGGESTION
I disagree with making everyone have the same setup in tournaments, although that'd fix the rag problem in tournaments it'd overall not be as much fun. I think another solution must be found to fix it. More maps will also be coming to tournaments, probably 4-5, some will have hills & trees so u can tree hug and take advantage of that. Run will eventually matter in tournaments once agility & staminas are added so that would fix run/mage problem. I think that PKP atm is not bad as reward but maybe a new 'tournament points' or 'minigame points' should be applied to ppl who rank high. 

ELDER CHAOS DRUIDS SUGGESTION
Yes great addition and good way to get elder chaos robes.

DAGANNOTH KINGS SUGGESTION
I think this is a great idea and could be good for novice people who are starting out.

BURNING AMULET SUGGESTION
Yes good addition.

AMULET OF THE DAMMED
Yes I think it's good idea but not so many bh points.

DECORATIVE ARMOR
I think it should rather be in the Minigame Shop.

RUN ENERGY
Yes this is much needed for the wilderness and would go in well with skilling as people could train agility and purchase stamina potions for skilling points.

COOLDOWN TIMER FOR PK SPOTS
Yes I will add the cooldowns shortly, probably within a week.

TELEPORT CHANGE BEARDED GORILLAS -> CINCHOMPAS
Yes this is a good replacement for the gorilla teleportl

CHANGE HALOS FROM CW TO BH
I think halos should still be in minigame shop as it would allow people who play minigames to make money by selling rewards to pkers.

MAKE ALL SKILLCAPES UNTRADEABLE AND COST 99 PKP EA
Maybe cheap but I think 99 a bit much.

ANGLERFISH 20 PKP
I think that price is way to high, people already complain that teletabs are way to expensive at 10 pkp ea. But I do think it should be more expensive.

DARK CRAB / ANGLERFISH PRICES CHANGES
I don't know if it's a good idea or not, and why make sharks the main food when manta ray would still be free and better?

PVP ARMOR DEGRADION
Yes, Smackd has told me that people would be interested in getting PVP armor back, so I'd like to poll that at sometime, if re-introduced I would make it degrade while in use.

DRAGON HUNTER CROSSBOW 10% VS DRAGONS
Dragon hunter crossbow already gives 10% accuracy vs dragons.

MOVE ELDER ROBES TO PKP STORE
Maybe in the future but for now we don't have that many items in the BH shop to begin with so I think it's good balance.

ADD CORRECT OSRS DRAGONFIRE SPECIAL ATTACK
Yes this is on the to-do list and would be good addition

ADD LOTTING BAG
Yes this is a good idea and should be added.

ADD ANTIFIRE POTIONS
Yes this is a good idea but 100 pkp sounds like a lot, maybe in the skilling shop ?

MAKE ALL TELEPORT TABS 1 PKP EA
I think 1 pkp is 2 little, tabs are already a good sink.

GLORY TELEPORT IN COMBAT
If you want glory to be able to teleport in combat it'd have to cost some PKP I think.

REMOVE WESTS PKING ZONE
Yes I think this is a good idea.

ADD TELEPORT TO 35's
I will be looking into a few teleports to add soon.

FIX DRAGON SPEAR
Yes this is on the to-do list.

ADD ECTOPHIAL
Seems like good idea, I'll have to look into it

GENERAL STORE IN EDGEVILLE
Yes not bad idea making these items 1 pkp ea.

REMOVE TOURNAMENT LOCATION
Yes I'll be adding 4-5 new maps soon so it shouldn't be an issue.

ADD OSRS COLOR TO TELEPORTS
Yes shouldn't be hard to change.

ADD 100% ACTION MESSAGES FOR FOOD
Yes not bad idea, I think should be toggleable in future as well cause it spams 2x more than roat currently does.

FIX EQUIP TIMERS
Although it use to be limited to 4 per tick because of packet firewall that has been fixed many months ago and is no longer an issue, the slight delay you notice when switching is because of the order the server sends ur client pakcets to process, I will look into this soon and attempt to re-order it so it feels smooth. I've sent an experimental client to few ppl and we found root issue about it.

POISON SPIDER POISON YOU & COMBAT
Yes this is good idea no harm. I will also have to look into that damage tick delay, I will also fix the location u spawn in and attempt to add the 1 min immunity.

ITEM PRICES
As said above I disagree with almost all item changes as it's way 2 expensive but I do agree that many items do need changing

Thanks again for this great thread, I'll continue to read replies and see what ppl think.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Sage fest said:

What are you even talking about ? 

PVP IS PKING

I've played so many RSPS and it's just a damn shame that you can't see this from an outlook of experience playing on private servers. Everyone I've talked to about this server thinks it's a complete and utter waste of time and will not stay no matter how hard I persuade them. The truth is all there to see with open eyes honestly if you think everything is fine on the currently server then you're wrong theres more to the server then worrying about 6 years of hoarded customs. It's clearly visible enough to see Roat pkz is stuck in this repetitive loop and that's what your stuck in! and you don't even realize. Ask yourself if Roat pkz had all the above implemented into game would you play that version more then then current verison? let me know tell me what you think.

And the only way to progress this server as an OSRS PKING RSPS is to do the changes. Best believe if this never had ::edgepvp for instance I wouldn't even log, in I'm sharing ideas and thoughts that can help the drastically through making PKP, Improving the wilderness and keeping & attracting new players to the server preferably old school runescape players and making one big active server that people will enjoy and play because that's the direction this server is going in slowly but surely one day there will be no more interest in this server any more because everyone will be burnt-out the only people who will stay will be the blind ones who have been stuck in the same loop for ages. So why not do the changes? What's there to risk when nothing has been lost in the first place?, there's so much to gain from this an example someone said people will quit if granite maul or spirit shields became pkp? what stupid ridiculous statement is that? you still have the same player online nothing happened?. 

It will only benefit the server going forward long term keeping new players engaged and the likelihood that a lot of veterans and immediate players feel the same way right now everyone is burnt-out or will be and see the server as tiresome. I also  can see that a lot of veterans(not everyone) are clinging on to the ideology that things must stay the same MAKING PKP, THE WILDERNESS etc these are the same people who were screaming for a Balliista to be added but can't even fix basic things that make PK function on a server like hitdelay, switching pkp money making etc what the fuck?. Just wanting items doesn't benefit at all server everyone just "wants this" and "wants that" but no one on here has a brain what fuck or common sense? everyone is thinking the same like have you been brainwashed or something?.  

Imagine advertising as a OSRS PK server ( what roat is doing now ) , Month after Month many different potential players will browser over Advertisement threads and the Youtube videos of the server but due to its history they won't give it a try let alone a second chance(Battlescape after many repeated released=dead) or recommend the server to others, the negative thoughts and opinions will always been in the back of their mind about Roat Pkz:

"Did that guy just drop a Saradomin godsword, wtf its worthless?"

"Hang on a moment..this doesn't even feel like OSRS?"

"I've tried to play but can't even make PKP"

"Is that a Water cape?"

A server literally only gets one chance to be re-released or re-vamped. So this is it Roat has the opportunity right now to gain a decent portion of the RSPS Community & attract OSRS players if done right. 

If any thing this server is harboring a completely different number of players that don't reflect what the server should be a (OSRS server as it's marketed as but on behind the videos and the advertisements you can see straight away how different it is hence the 3 RS YOUTUBERS WHO ADVERTISED It's not going to fool no one the server isn't even as close to as osrs as it should be which it needs to be theres a market right now to get players playing a OSRS server with some work Roats can be up there but for now and the foreseeable future hold off advertising as a OSRS server if that's not the aim then cool say it from the get go there's no point fooling anyone you're just wasting everyones time.

but yeah i guess roat is roat 

11 hours ago, Gretar said:

Thank you very much for this topic, it helps a lot and gives me many many good ideas for the future.

Before I reply to every suggestion I wanna say I don't agree with all item changes and making pkp methods 5-10x better while raising items 5-10x will result in same situation as we are in now ? But it's true for sure that many items do need item price changes.

MAGE ARENA SUGGESTION
Yes I agree with mage arena it should be better pkp hour and make kodai wand 'rare' again. We also have to add the timer so ur immune from their auto retaliate so u can't just afk 24/7 and no one can pj you there.

Yes I agree with barrows minigame, it would be great for new players who are just starting out and a decent money maker in safe zone. I also think barrow items do need a raise in price but I think your prices a bit 2 high.

Removing them has always been on 'to-do' list until enough other money making methods are in-game, so I agree on that one.

I am not comfortable changing the 30% sellback at pkp shop yet since it's one of our largest sinks atm, what I would wanna try is a trading post in-game and slap a 2-3% tax on every sale and see how large of a sink that'd be, if big enough I can reduce the shop %. A store where u can sell any item back for maybe 60-70% street value is also good.

BLACK CHINS SUGGESTION
I think this is a great idea and limiting combat level also very good. I do however think it should be linked to hunter skill and we should add hunter with skilling in-game, and instead of chinchompa points you'd either get 'skilling points' or chinchompas which u can sell back to skilling shop for skilling points.

I disagree with making everyone have the same setup in tournaments, although that'd fix the rag problem in tournaments it'd overall not be as much fun. I think another solution must be found to fix it. More maps will also be coming to tournaments, probably 4-5, some will have hills & trees so u can tree hug and take advantage of that. Run will eventually matter in tournaments once agility & staminas are added so that would fix run/mage problem. I think that PKP atm is not bad as reward but maybe a new 'tournament points' or 'minigame points' should be applied to ppl who rank high. 

I think this is a great idea and could be good for novice people who are starting out.

Yes good addition.

AMULET OF THE DAMMED

DECORATIVE ARMOR

RUN ENERGY
Yes this is much needed for the wilderness and would go in well with skilling as people could train agility and purchase stamina potions for skilling points.

I think halos should still be in minigame shop as it would allow people who play minigames to make money by selling rewards to pkers.

ANGLERFISH 20 PKP
I think that price is way to high, people already complain that teletabs are way to expensive at 10 pkp ea. But I do think it should be more expensive.

I don't know if it's a good idea or not, and why make sharks the main food when manta ray would still be free and better?

PVP ARMOR DEGRADION
Yes, Smackd has told me that people would be interested in getting PVP armor back, so I'd like to poll that at sometime, if re-introduced I would make it degrade while in use.

Maybe in the future but for now we don't have that many items in the BH shop to begin with so I think it's good balance.

ADD LOTTING BAG

ADD ANTIFIRE POTIONS
Yes this is a good idea but 100 pkp sounds like a lot, maybe in the skilling shop ?

GLORY TELEPORT IN COMBAT
If you want glory to be able to teleport in combat it'd have to cost some PKP I think.

REMOVE WESTS PKING ZONE

ADD TELEPORT TO 35's

FIX DRAGON SPEAR

ADD ECTOPHIAL

Yes not bad idea, I think should be toggleable in future as well cause it spams 2x more than roat currently does.

FIX EQUIP TIMERS
Although it use to be limited to 4 per tick because of packet firewall that has been fixed many months ago and is no longer an issue, the slight delay you notice when switching is because of the order the server sends ur client pakcets to process, I will look into this soon and attempt to re-order it so it feels smooth. I've sent an experimental client to few ppl and we found root issue about it.

Yes this is good idea no harm. I will also have to look into that damage tick delay, I will also fix the location u spawn in and attempt to add the 1 min immunity.

ITEM PRICES
As said above I disagree with almost all item changes as it's way 2 expensive but I do agree that many items do need changing

Thanks again for this great thread, I'll continue to read replies and see what ppl think.

The idea about 30% when you legit just bought something is stupid. People only sell it because everyone are hoarding items and the only way money gets added to the game is from tournies. You dont get get rewarded for pking.

• Upvote 1

On 11/27/2017 at 7:27 AM, Gretar said:

MAGE ARENA SUGGESTION

BLACK CHINS SUGGESTION

Yes good addition.

AMULET OF THE DAMMED

DECORATIVE ARMOR

RUN ENERGY

ANGLERFISH 20 PKP

PVP ARMOR DEGRADION

ADD LOTTING BAG

ADD ANTIFIRE POTIONS

GLORY TELEPORT IN COMBAT

REMOVE WESTS PKING ZONE

ADD TELEPORT TO 35's

FIX DRAGON SPEAR

ADD ECTOPHIAL

FIX EQUIP TIMERS

ITEM PRICES

Some things i'd like to say:

^ 

No it will not , right now the prices are far too low and there is no way to make PKP efficiently and consistently like for what ever reason you lose your bank there needs to be more methods to make money that you're able to just straight back to to make money to do things on the server its stuck in a loop but no one realizes. Cmon now Dragon boot, fury and whip free? cmon now those items are the staple of 126 pking for example they should cost something if you keep them free what is the point pking ?might as well make everything free. 

^

The prices I made equate to the 7 ways I've suggested to make money on the server the barrows prices are more than reasonable to generate that value/risk it should be when worn not 10 teletabs = full ahrims? Why are you so worried about the price? 

SELLBACK SUGGESTION

^

No 18% is more rounded figure then 30% of the price taken when you sell this just forces people to keep items in their bank and hoard items. What is the purpose of sinking it by so much? Could you imagine if you had 50% or even 70% of the price taken from when you sell? NO ONE WOULD EVEN HAVE MULTIPLE ITEMS IN THEIR BANK EVERYTHING WILL BE  PLACEHOLDER MAKING FOR ITEMS BEING POINTLESS. PEOPLE NEED TO SELL TO GET PKP BACK THAT'S ONLY RIGHT WHY SHOULD WE GET PENALIZED 30% ITS A RIP OFF.

BLACK CHINS SUGGESTION

^

Realistically there needs to me more effort of making pking more active deep wilderness with the combat level being at 73 cb there will be so much variety in the combat levels that go to that area it will be a very good addition to the server and I don't think any other server has this implemented and this will make roat pkz unique in that factor with to regards to making a "OSRS LIKE FEEL FACTOR" to the wilderness.

^

The tournament is a flop by all means its just one big "::funpk" in my eyes. It should actually replicate OSRS PKING giving people a balanced and even playing field to compete in the tournament isn't the focus meant to be more on competitive side?. I disgree with making it the map data with objects because in the wilderness essentially tree hugging is "acceptable" because it is by all means no honour in the widlerness, but in the tournament it is a 100% deathmatch so there should more fairness whilst being competitive and hugging while not fighting back is what it is not fighting back. Run has to be implemented too many abuse this by just mage running mage running. You could also make mage in the tournament decease accuracy of the hit damage because I've noticed people will stand 10 tiles away and mage battle and especially on roats the mage system needs rebalancing taking into account your mage level when not brewed and brewed down effecting your magic defence because magic defence is also effected by your magic level aswell as your armour and active prayers.

^

This can happen if pkp items was in the shop for the prices I've suggested and if the tournament map data currently was stripped and moved to a more flat and even surface, there's alot moremap data on osrs with clan wars for flat areas.

Yes good addition.

^

Add this it will help deep wilderness pking especially accesing kbd more easier and will cost 5pkp in the pkp shop

PVP ARMOR DEGRADION
Yes, Smackd has told me that people would be interested in getting PVP armor back, so I'd like to poll that at sometime, if re-introduced I would make it degrade while in use

^

Surely not zuriels and morrigans, OSRS is bringing back pvp armour and that is only with staitus and vesta but for this server it should for example statius's platelegs be to  (Increased) 4,000 pkp As soon as you are in combat it will degrade and become untradeable and last for 100 hits and turns to dust. This can stop the people just camping armour vs pvm monsters and using it to rush and instead use Bandos armour because pvp armour will be a pkp sink investment, when you buy it and use you can't sell back which will be good. Or you can Remove.

^

You say this is balance but no pures risk the robes nhing(see the preset section of the thread) I really think you should put these in the pkp store instead of bh for the price I've suggested alongside the suggestions I've given you for 1.5k and dropped by the elder chaos and geting there will be via a burning amulet for 5pkp view the thread you'll see what im talking about everything pieces together and falls into place for improving the wilderness , more variety and keeping new and old players engaged in the game.

ADD ANTIFIRE POTIONS

^

100pkp for these potions is more than fine for their use you can stay longer kbd and you can nullify dragon bolt (e) special which will be useful for wilderness in many ways especially deep wilderness.

^

Mate 10 univerisal tabs is a complete joke 10 of them buy you full ahrims!!!!!! with the current prices for barrows which is ridiculous and should be set at 1 pkp per tab, all of them for that matter should cost 1pkp every single one (regular V L C F A ) tabs and make them teleport you in the wilderness in combat underneath -20 wilderness thats how they are on osrs so why not here ? like new players can't even have the option to teleport out why ? its been like that from the start of rs so why stop it on a private server?

^

Halos need to be bounty hunter store so the focus is based on pking targets for it, it has use amongst pures so hwy on roat pkz does it have to be limited to "castle wars" as fashionscape cosmetic ? when on actual OSRS it has purpose. many ppl on this sevrer just hoard them and use as a place holder Change this ASAP right now. 

^

no 99pkp is more than enough why do presets like this even load it ? it looks disgusting and out of place1QJZdChzTfa54ZhD67cmQQ.png

Remove that shit and the zamorak trimmed amour with regular rune cmon man make the server more realistic to osrs no this 2008 moparscape rubbish.

F2LW18AaSguf5jPe3Kt3FA.png

Ranging cape function like a avas accumalator on OSRS for 99pkp

MMuUMD2vRfWaTitXcKGerQ.png

The Magic cape will cost 99pkp and The Magic cape spellbook swap could be unlocked with 20,000 mage arena kills at magebank through battle mages CAN SWAP ONLY TWICE EVERY 24HOURS OR MAKE IT LIKE OSRS I think this will be a sort after thing that alot of people who pk deep will love to seen in game  making money while getting the cape spellbook swap as a goal, a win win situation.

ANGLERFISH 20 PKP

^

Are you actually kidding me ? This is best food in game!! 2x anglerfish for 1pkp dude you need to rethink your pricing for items? Everyone just eats to 120 far enough if you can afford it but why make it so everyone uses this a meta food? Keep sharks the meta if you have pkp you'll be able to buy higher tier food 1 pkp = manta 2pkp = dark crab 5pkp = guthix rest and 20pkp = angler that's the pricing it should be keeping it regulated and not out of portion like right now its terrible.

^

ITS MORE THAN A GOOD IDEA coming form a pking point of view the changes will only benefit pking as higher types of pking require higher tier food obviously which should cost pkp , shark is a staple food.

Free = shark

1 pkp = manta

2pkp = dark crab 

5pkp = guthix rest

20pkp = angler

that's the pricing it should be keeping it regulated and FAIR not out of portion like right now its terrible.

DUDE WHY DON'T YOU LET THE ACTUAL PKERS PICK WHAT THEY WANT ON THE SERVER ITS CALLED "ROAT PKZ" BUT HAS NO ONE GIVING PK SUGGESTIONS FOCUSED ON THE WILDERNESS DOESN'T THAT TELL YOU SOMETHING IS WRONG?

GLORY TELEPORT IN COMBAT

^

NO NO NO NO. on Osrs you can teleport with glory in combat and has been like this since rs. There's nothign to fear on roat pkz if you tihnk people will teleport ? teleporting is the same as running away its a method of escaping ? why is it currently like this? change this and make it function how it is suppose to on osrs, since this is a pk server.

ITEM PRICES

^

HONESTLY LIKE BE REAL HERE IF YOU DID ALL THE SUGGESTIONS AND FIXES ABOVE AND IMPLEMENTED INTO GAME (NOTHING TO BE AFFARID OF) 

VS  ROAT PKZ IN ITS CURRENT STATE AS OF NOW (NO WAY TO MAKE PKP, ITEM PRICES TOO LOW, SHORT TERM NEW PLAYERS WHO LOG IN FOR 20MIN HIT EACH OTHER WITH FREE SPAWN SARADOMINGODSWORD AND D BOOTS AND FURY THEN LOG OUT <- NO PLAYER PROGRESSION) LIKE THESE PPL:

THIS IS THE ROATZ PKZ COMMUNITY 

a7LnyuBjSwKJ6tBQ42VBjg.pngz3Y5pzIOQHWzUm6699p6QA.png

WHAT SERVER DO YOU THINK WILL HAVE MORE PLAYERS PLAYING? CURRENT ROATS OR THIS UPDATED ONE WITH THE SUGGESTIONS?

ASK YOURSELF @gretar 

WENT IN GAME AND ASKED PEOPLE OF THE COUMMINTY! OF R0ATZ PKZ WHAT THEY THINK!!!! AND PEOPLE WANT CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!! BREAK THE LOOP !:

bhWBtYc3RnWdRgN928o5xQ.pngRJoam1N8QiC4pYx2YwUBIg.pngC2QRHQJcTLmoct9J3wTmAg.png-TBqEROzRWSQf28g7ioqnA.png

gtWFG7hGQTiMt1gHPGXBDA.png

mL_J2avQQXmeyZo-r7i3ZQ.pngtV101YytT8Oc7QdMQsLCww.pnggRrFXlJmRbe5uEdED0v4SQ.pngSoJSOyuJTwq_t-AH-Iv8FA.png

xHevsL8TQciohcBGjPpfIQ.pngA5wo70qzS0eVUf8w6o5-Bg.png

SO CMON GRETAR! FIX THE SERVER WITH SUGGESTION SO ITS MORE LIKE OSRS AND NOT LIKE CURRENT ROATS

" ROATS UPDATED WITH THE SUGGESTIONS?   VS  CURRENT ROATS? "

WHAT ONE WILL ATTRACT PLAYERS FOR AN OSRS EXPERIENCE?

YOU DECIDE

Edited by Mead

17 hours ago, Mead said:

move 2 general discussion pls 

Moved 

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

Why did you post this it had absolutely nothing to do with the topic and suggestions looool

35 minutes ago, JBLIND said:

Moved 

Why did you post this it had absolutely nothing to do with the topic and suggestions looool

"FIX EQUIP TIMERS
Although it use to be limited to 4 per tick because of packet firewall that has been fixed many months ago and is no longer an issue, the slight delay you notice when switching is because of the order the server sends ur client pakcets to process, I will look into this soon and attempt to re-order it so it feels smooth. I've sent an experimental client to few ppl and we found root issue about it."

Could you imagine if this server done all this and how much better it would be ?

Notes for at @Gretar

• You're all getting bumped right now if u sell something to the shop it takes off 30% off your item value so your losing profit(Imagine it being 50% of even 70% as gretar says "its a good sink" keep your items as placeholders don't bother sell

• Full Ahrims costs 10 universal teleports so if someone had 11 teleports you're in the money

• Why are Dragon boots fury crystal shield and godswords etc free ? these are far from basic items to be free as they're currently seen as useless and quite frankly people "don't learn to pk" with godsword bashing each other and wearing fury dboots?

z3Y5pzIOQHWzUm6699p6QA.png

• Who in their right mind made you spawn with zamorak trimmed rune & strength cape have you seen the tank setup? your not making a RSMV cut that shit and make the presets like OSRS ur wilderness on the server is vomiting

z3Y5pzIOQHWzUm6699p6QA.pngUgCE2SSCS62dja1Dmn8Mow.png

• This server is eco cleansing/duel arena/lottery server not a OSRS PK Server don't believe in the illusion 

• 625 kills x 8 pkp = 5,000 pkp I'd rather kill Kree 625 times for a hilt then kill roat pk players 625 times for a ags at least implement the 7 ways I suggested to make money?

• Why does 1 hour of Mage arena make you 190pkp? wow ? 19 teletabs per hour as gretar would say "very good sink" ?

• Why are items so cheap? and PKP money making so less? You might aswell just make everything free spawn the fact 10 teletabs is true coverage that pricing of items are stupid this is not 2009 this is 2018 fix ur server and make it more like osrs stop chicken footing around and making everything with so many gaps and missing content, why does your server wilderness look like this?

UgCE2SSCS62dja1Dmn8Mow.png

Yes, skilling and safe PvM combined with price hikes will definitely increase PK activity!!

Also stop crying about no PvP loot, it's about the kill not the items. Want items go stake or risk, plenty to gain (or lose) there. And you do get something anyway: PKP and maybe emblem. Can't have a mostly-spawn server and then expect loot 100% of the time - that's like having your cake and eating it.

You have some decent ideas mixed in with shit ones, a lot of effort put in. If I wasn't on my phone right now I'd expand on my thoughts more..

Edited by PK Guy
  • Nice 1

3 hours ago, PK Guy said:

Yes, skilling and safe PvM combined with price hikes will definitely increase PK activity!!

Also stop crying about no PvP loot, it's about the kill not the items. Want items go stake or risk, plenty to gain (or lose) there. And you do get something anyway: PKP and maybe emblem. Can't have a mostly-spawn server and then expect loot 100% of the time - that's like having your cake and eating it.

You have some decent ideas mixed in with shit ones, a lot of effort put in. If I wasn't on my phone right now I'd expand on my thoughts more..

SHUT the fuck up dumb ass water cape pussy retard

5DnxT4dqR8GpHA37pMdTmA.png

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

• 2 weeks later...