Roat Pkz Updates (28/11/17) - Elo Ranking System

Gretar

Roat Pkz Update - Elo Ranking System
A brand new ELO system has been added in-game, this system is not meant to replace KDR but it's a much more accurate data point to see how good of a Pker you really are. This will also set apart the actual good pkers and KDR hunters. It also changes a lot, so even if you have a complete shit KDR such as 1000/2500, and all of sudden became as good of a pker as Smokey/Smackd or a high ranked player you could get you into top 50 while having under 1.0 KDR.

Why an Elo System?
Elo is a very popular rating system, first used in chess to rate players. It's currently being used by multiple online games to rank their players, including League Of Legends, Counter Strike, Starcraft and more.

How is it different from KDR?
Elo ranks you based on you and your opponents Elo, for example if I kill bad pkers 250 times I might have 250.0 KDR while another person could only fight the top 50 best pkers in-game and get 100 kills and 50 deaths and end up with a KDR of 2.0. The Elo system will rank player 2 a lot better even though he only has 2.0 KDR since he fought a lot harder opponents than the person with a 250.0 KDR.

How do I increase my Elo ?
It's fairly simple, the higher rated players you fight, the higher your Elo will raise. The lower rated players you fight the lower your elo will raise, if it does at all.

When does my Elo lower ?
If you lose a fight vs a player with higher Elo than you, your Elo will lower a small amount depending on how high the Elo difference is, sometimes you might not lose a point, however if you lose a fight vs a player that has a lower Elo than you, your Elo will drop more than if you lose against a better player. You can see a simple calculator here. Our K-factor is around 1-32 depending on a few situations.

What does my Elo start off at ?
Your Elo start at 1200 and goes up and down depending on your fights. You will not be able to see your Elo until you have at least 30 fights overall.

Does my Elo get affected in FunPk, Duel or Tournaments ?
No your Elo is not affected in the Duel Arena, Fun Pk or Tournaments, another reason why it's better than KDR.

What is a K-factor and what is it set at ?
A K-factor is basically a variable in the formula that makes sure than your Elo does not fluctuate a lot if you have a surprising loss or win vs a great or shit player. Usually this is set at 32, so your Elo can not raise or go down by 32 in a single fight. On Roat Pkz it will usually be at around 16 but depending on a few factors it can be lower, such as if you get rushed/rush someone.

Elo Hiscores In-Game

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 20.19.11.png
Elo Hiscores can be found on the table at Edge Bank.

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 20.20.30.png

An Example of the current hiscores. I will add online ones very soon as well.

Screen Shot 2017-11-28 at 22.43.01.png

::KDR also displays your ranking against everyone, the lower the % the better you are

If you have any questions about the Elo system please post them below and I'll try my best to reply.

• Upvote 6

Update: Now it shows your rating compared to everyone who is playing and has played Roat Pkz, I might change this to last X months active so its a bit more accurate or only count players with over x play time, we'll see, so far so good. TOP 10% = Better than 90% of the Pkers.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Gretar said:

Update: Now it shows your rating compared to everyone who is playing and has played Roat Pkz, I might change this to last X months active so its a bit more accurate or only count players with over x play time, we'll see, so far so good. TOP 10% = Better than 90% of the Pkers.

thats right big boi styles 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...