Dzone is Dead (for Now)

Dzone in its current state is kinda ass honestly.

It is far outclassed by Kraken as a safe moneymaker, and has the added requirement of being a donator to access. I feel like it needs an overhaul because of its outdated, kind of boring monsters and drops. 

My idea to solve this problem and breathe life back into Dzone is to make it contain difficult PvM encounters. One way this could be done would be to change the layout of Dzone from its current state, a small island, to a dungeon with multiple rooms or levels. One way this could be done would be with the layout of the Fremennik Slayer Dungeon from OSRS. In the beginning stages of the dungeon you would have easier enemies with lower drop rates, a la Battle Mages but not fully AFKable (possibly multi with enemies of different styles?). In each room of the cave, there would be harder and harder encounters, until you got to the last room of the cave, which would have one single boss with a near-Corp level of difficulty but valuable rewards. 

If you look at a map of the current OSRS Fremennik Slayer Dungeon, though, there is one room at the end set aside from the others: the Kurask Slayer Task room.

My thought is that the enemies in the dungeon could have a small chance to drop a token that could be consumed to enter this final room, which would house a boss similar to Jad in reward level. This boss could have new, interesting things on its drop table, like:

• Zamorakian hasta
  • Dragon sword
  • Ring of suffering (i)
  • Wilderness boss rings (tyrannical, treasonous, ring of the gods)
  • Imbuement scrolls which can imbue the ring of suffering and the new wilderness boss rings

Thanks for reading and feel free to make your own suggestions!

P.S. I could see this being a bit powerful for a safe zone, so it could be turned into a PvP area with a portal to ::home at the entrance to allow for escapes, although they would be more difficult the further into the cave you were.

Also, if you take a moment and look at Fantastic's post directly below this one in In-game suggestions, this could be incorporated as his proposed ::szone.

See Fantastic's post here

• Upvote 1