[POLL]Disable Pvp Armor/Weapons @ ::edgepvp ?

Disable PVP armor/weapons(e.g. Zuriels, Statius, Vesta) at ::edgepvp  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Disable PVP armor/weapons(e.g. Zuriels, Statius, Vesta) at ::edgepvp

Hello everyone

Loving the new updates so far @Gretar

What do you guys think about disabling pvp armor and weapons at ::edgepvp(and maybe other upcoming brid zones)

Right now you're able to use any pvp armor/weapons at edgepvp

My personal opinion is that even though the weapons and armor are awesome they should be disabled at ::edgepvp, simply for the fact it may scare new players to the server when they go to ::edgepvp and see people using VLS etc. Same thing for seeing these items in  pk videos made by our YouTubers may stop people from joining the server because  a lot of them want an 07 based server.

Although the variety of weapons and armor may be enjoyable, they shouldnt be allowed at ::edgepvp

Opinions?

Edited by Khalil

Shouldn’t have them in the game at all tbh. 

Legit just removed them because of how stupidly good they were in balance with everything else.

I would only re-introduce them if they were to be put in OSRS, since we don’t even have half the stuff from updates 19 years ago on OSRS and should focus on this. If they were to be put into OSRS, they should be put on here with the exact same stats etc to keep balanced.

But if they r gonna be in the game, u may aswell just have them everywhere

Just now, tee hee said:

they arent allowed in edgepvp anyway delete this

wSPImrF8S2yVU3w65oomSQ.png

Screenshot was taken as we speak(wearing vesta platelegs & using vls)

10 minutes ago, Its Gorillas said:

Shouldn’t have them in the game at all tbh. 

Legit just removed them because of how stupidly good they were in balance with everything else.

I would only re-introduce them if they were to be put in OSRS, since we don’t even have half the stuff from updates 19 years ago on OSRS and should focus on this. If they were to be put into OSRS, they should be put on here with the exact same stats etc to keep balanced.

But if they r gonna be in the game, u may aswell just have them everywhere

Somehow it made roat unique in my opinion

Thx for your feedback

Know what else will scare new players off in brid? A higher price of barrows, all godswords costing pkp, among other shit. Basically things only the rich players want from that earlier poll. It was aids for brids when I first started because welfare vs barrows especially and sometimes ags wasn't fun. If you want to talk about scaring new players off, should disable barrows too when the owner makes them cost more just like all the rich players want. 

Edited by trihard456
45 minutes ago, trihard456 said:

Know what else will scare new players off in brid? A higher price of barrows, all godswords costing pkp, among other shit. Basically things only the rich players want from that earlier poll. It was aids for brids when I first started because welfare vs barrows especially and sometimes ags wasn't fun. If you want to talk about scaring new players off, should disable barrows too when the owner makes them cost more just like all the rich players want. 

Anyone worth bridding against is going to be resourceful enough to get some barrows. If you want to learn to brid and you can't afford a set, find someone nice enough to fight you in rune. Don't limit everyone else because of a select few. 

We're already on a short supply of decent hybrids and I don't think taking away their ability to brid in a proper set is a good idea. 

@Smackd

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, trihard456 said:

Well not quite, no price changes will be made until there’s efficient and viable methods to earn PKP faster to make it so barrows really isn’t something you’re scared to risk.

15 minutes ago, Tupac said:

Anyone worth bridding against is going to be resourceful enough to get some barrows. If you want to learn to brid and you can't afford a set, find someone nice enough to fight you in rune. Don't limit everyone else because of a select few. 

We're already on a short supply of decent hybrids and I don't think taking away their ability to brid in a proper set is a good idea. 

@Smackd

This

28 minutes ago, Tupac said:

@Smackd

You make it sound like players will let that happen. Pkers are relentless. I personally don't go to brid, not since it was that other area when I barely played but the moment you step in there, someone will attack you and "rag" you till you leave or they find another fight. And you  said it yourself, already short on supply of decent brids. The future price of barrows will shorten the supply of decent brids even further because all the rich kids will be the only ones with barrows. 

And Smackd, lemmy guess, those methods will most likely be Pvm methods, just like revs, corp, and kraken. I thought this was a spawn pk server but it just keeps going downhill.