Florida Shooting...

Alkosor

Even though I myself wouldn’t want to live in a country with public access to guns, I understand people who do.

I understand that Governments shouldn’t necessarily be the only ones with access to guns as this would give them a monopoly over power. If you look over historical formed dictatorships, 2 of the first two things a dictator does in this transition, is ban public access to guns (to stop opposition to the regime from rising up) and to ban free speech.

The issue is mental health problems, but to that there is no guarenteed cure. Therefore you may say it is too risky for the public to have this ease of access to weapons, but some beg to differ and state they only offer protection to attackers who carry weapons if it was illegal to own or not

1 hour ago, Its Gorillas said:

Even though I myself wouldn’t want to live in a country with public access to guns, I understand people who do.

I understand that Governments shouldn’t necessarily be the only ones with access to guns as this would give them a monopoly over power. If you look over historical formed dictatorships, 2 of the first two things a dictator does in this transition, is ban public access to guns (to stop opposition to the regime from rising up) and to ban free speech.

The issue is mental health problems, but to that there is no guarenteed cure. Therefore you may say it is too risky for the public to have this ease of access to weapons, but some beg to differ and state they only offer protection to attackers who carry weapons if it was illegal to own or not

You have more brain cells than 10 average roatpkz players combined 

Edited by Tupac
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Its Gorillas said:

These are innocent kids, I understand your point of view, but this is unacceptable. You don't need an Ar-15 to protect your home from a robbery, these are weapons of mass destruction, this isn't the first time. Something has to be done, and something soon, I can't keep watching these kids die. You bring up a good point about the mentally ill, but why is it that mentally ill have access to fucking Ar-15's?

as of 2009 there were roughly twice as many guns per capita in the United States as there were in 1968: more than 300 million guns in all.[5][7

I can assure you that less than 10% of these guns are used for protection, most of them are used for killing. Increase safety regulations in schools is not the solution. It's pointless to ensure the safety of one out of many targets. When will it be an Orphanage, a Foster Home, a Nursery, a Hospital,  an Emergency Rooms? I mean, the pros are so minimal, and the cons just outweigh the pros overwhelmingly. 

There's one obvious solution, and that is to ban guns. There are Checks & Balances to ensure a democracy, fear of a dictatorship is foolish. Some of these school shooters suffer from an incurable mental illness. The old politicians, they have an old view, and an old mind. They're close-minded egotistical fools that decide the fate of one of the most open-minded generations of all time. 

1 hour ago, Tesfxye said:

gunthings just dumb lol, take away their guns they just gonna go stab people instead legit makes no sense 

They're not the only weapon, but they're the deadliest. You could survive a stab, you can outrun a person. Schools could go in to lockdown without a lock being shot off. 

He or she would essentially be bringing a knife to a gunfight

Edited by Alkosor

10 minutes ago, Alkosor said:

These are innocent kids, I understand your point of view, but this is unacceptable. You don't need an Ar-15 to protect your home from a robbery, these are weapons of mass destruction, this isn't the first time. Something has to be done, and something soon, I can't keep watching these kids die. You bring up a good point about the mentally ill, but why is it that mentally ill have access to fucking Ar-15's?

as of 2009 there were roughly twice as many guns per capita in the United States as there were in 1968: more than 300 million guns in all.[5][7

I can assure you that less than 10% of these guns are used for protection, most of them are used for killing. Increase safety regulations in schools is not the solution. It's pointless to ensure the safety of one out of many targets. When will it be an Orphanage, a Foster Home, a Nursery, a Hospital,  an Emergency Rooms? I mean, the pros are so minimal, and the cons just outweigh the pros overwhelmingly. 

There's one obvious solution, and that is to ban guns. There are Checks & Balances to ensure a democracy, fear of a dictatorship is foolish. Some of these school shooters suffer from an incurable mental illness. The old politicians, they have an old view, and an old mind. They're close-minded egotistical fools that decide the fate of one of the most open-minded generations of all time. 

They're not the only weapon, but they're the deadliest. You could survive a stab, you can outrun a person. Schools could go in to lockdown without a lock being shot off. 

He or she would essentially be bringing a knife to a gunfight

Ye but imo it’s just gov scare tactics to increase their control over the population by removing guns similar to what gorillas said 

19 minutes ago, Tesfxye said:

Ye but imo it’s just gov scare tactics to increase their control over the population by removing guns similar to what gorillas said 

The government doesn't need general support of the population to pass the vote, they can do whatever they want. 

You think they give a fuck about DACA?

@Alkosor banning guns outright would be the single most fucking retarded thing they could do.

what the USA needs is stronger background checks and regulations on weapons capable of causing a large amount of casualties in a short period of time. 

I personally have a Beretta M9 in my home for protection. It's laughable to think you can fight off a group of people that want to hurt your family with your swiffer sweeper.

America has an out of control mental illness crisis (this is absolutely undeniable), and should definitely implement further background checks for weapons like the ar-15. 

Keep in mind though, while this will hopefully help reduce some incidents like these, you won't put a dent in homicide rates nationwide.  Growing up in my neighbourhood it was easier to find a gun than it was brass knuckles. If you think a gun store is the only place you can acquire a firearm you probably have a liberal arts degree. There are many places to illegally acquire firearms in every corner of the country, and millions of American firearm owners are willing to sell/trade you their firearms and will take cash, no questions asked. 

Tl;dr if you think you can go around rounding up everyone's guns you're delusional. While I agree people should register any firearm they acquire, this isn't some fruitcake Utopia and people are going to get them anyway

5 minutes ago, Tupac said:

@Alkosor banning guns outright would be the single most fucking retarded thing they could do.

what the USA needs is stronger background checks and regulations on weapons capable of causing a large amount of casualties in a short period of time. 

I personally have a Beretta M9 in my home for protection. It's laughable to think you can fight off a group of people that want to hurt your family with your swiffer sweeper.

America has an out of control mental illness crisis (this is absolutely undeniable), and should definitely implement further background checks for weapons like the ar-15. 

Keep in mind though, while this will hopefully help reduce some incidents like these, you won't put a dent in homicide rates nationwide.  Growing up in my neighbourhood it was easier to find a gun than it was brass knuckles. If you think a gun store is the only place you can acquire a firearm you probably have a liberal arts degree. There are many places to illegally acquire firearms in every corner of the country, and millions of American firearm owners are willing to sell/trade you their firearms and will take cash, no questions asked. 

Tl;dr if you think you can go around rounding up everyone's guns you're delusional. While I agree people should register any firearm they acquire, this isn't some fruitcake Utopia and people are going to get them anyway

I strongly agree with your reasoning. 

@Alkosor

In my personal opinion, I don’t think it would’ve made a difference to ban guns, it’s not like it’s going to bring back all existing illegal guns that are in the wrong hands, and like Tesfxye said, people would just go over to using knives. You can’t make weapons non-existant they’ll always exist the issue is what people use them for

Killing has become a natural thing these days I don’t know why people overreact to this. Considering how easy it is to get a guns, grenades, knives, are you really surprised this is happening? 

Edited by l DONT NOW

2 minutes ago, l DONT NOW said:

@Alkosor

In my personal opinion, I don’t think it would’ve made a difference to ban guns, it’s not like it’s going to bring back all existing illegal guns that are in the wrong hands, and like Tesfxye said, people would just go over to using knives. You can’t make weapons non-existant they’ll always exist it’s what people use them for

Killing has become a natural thing these days I don’t know why people overreact to this. Considering how easy it is to get a guns, grenades, knives, are you really surprised this is happening? 

I'm not so much surprised that it's happening, I'm surprised that nothing has been done about it. I mean, it's been going on for so long, there has to be a solution.

Edited by Alkosor

Just now, Alkosor said:

I'm not so much surprised that it's happening, I'm surprised that nothing has been done about it.

Nothing can or will be done about it. Weapons will always exist, they will always be easy to get your hands on, and people are smart enough to know how to use them, but dumb enough to not know you shouldn’t use them to injure INNOCENT people 

Might sound hypocritical because whoever has me on Snapchat on this game literally see my stories of me stabbing people to death but you know... I agree INNOCENT people shouldn’t have to be killed

5 minutes ago, Alkosor said:

I'm not so much surprised that it's happening, I'm surprised that nothing has been done about it. I mean, it's been going on for so long, there has to be a solution.

Mental illness needs to be taken more seriously. Mental illness hasn't been nearly as recognized as it should be until recent years. 

Also, people are clearly losing their family values at home. 

Kids in Chicago are not being taught the value of life. There will ALWAYS be a large number of guns in the USA. That will never change.

what can change is the amount of respect men show for each other. Shit like this didn't happen 50 years ago. America needs the strong family values it once spoke so highly of.