Barrage / Veng & other timers. (POLL)

Should timers be added?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Should a Barrage timer be implemented?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
  2. 2. Should a vengeance timer be implemented?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
  3. 3. Should various potion timers be implemented? (Stamina, Anti-Venom, etc)

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care
  4. 4. Should the timers automatically be turned off at ::brid/::edgepvp?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't care

There has been many suggestion threads throughout the year suggesting timers at the bottom right hand corner of your game screen timing when you're unfrozen, ready to re-cast vengeance, stamina/anti-venom potion expiry, etc.

Some may complain it takes skill out of hybridding, like timing when you're frozen yourself. Check the polls for making it automatically disabled at ::brid/::edgepvp.

THIS CAN ALWAYS BE TOGGLED IF YOU DON'T WANT IT ON VIA QUEST TAB.

Visuals:

Barrage

meh0A8H.png

Charge

0Ctd4in.png

Veng

z47AV3K.png

Potions

5wOFH2I.png

Leave feedback & vote on polls please.

• Upvote 2
Just now, John said:

Don't support babying the game up with timers, veng already highlights itself when it's available. If these are added need to be disabled in tournaments and ::Brid. Potions I agree on same with pure armours that exist in OSRS that i've mentioned to gretar before.http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Decorative_range_top would make pure fights more fun as you're not constantly eating.

love u bro

• Nice 1

I feel like adding veng timers but not having barrage timers - I enjoy being able to time myself when I can be unfrozen, and it's an aspect learnt overtime. If a player doesn't know that - they're already at a disadvantage, but giving it to them, I feel, is a little annoying to those who bothered to learn small mechanics of the game. 

However, if they're added, ALL should be turned off in tournaments.

1. Should a Barrage timer be implemented?

No. Never liked the idea of knowing exactly when you'll be unfrozen, a timer definitely detracts from the skill of nh/bridding.

2. Should a vengeance timer be implemented?

Don't see why not, any skill using vengeance has always been timing it correctly - not spamming it when its cooldown is almost finished. It does already get greyed out when it's on cooldown, so it's not too big a deal either way.

3. Should various potion timers be implemented? (Stamina, Anti-Venom, etc)

Again, don't see why not; it's just a QoL thing, ultimately.

4. Should the timers be automatically turned off at ::brid/::edgepvp?

Yes. OSRS switches are already forced there, so it makes sense to disable timers there, also.

Oh, and, if they are added, they should also be disabled in tournaments.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, Aelin said:

No. Never liked the idea of knowing exactly when you'll be unfrozen, a timer definitely detracts from the skill of nh/bridding.

Don't see why not, any skill using vengeance has always been timing it correctly - not spamming it when its cooldown is almost finished. It does already get greyed out when it's on cooldown, so it's not too big a deal either way.

Yes. OSRS switches are already forced there, so it makes sense to disable timers there, also.

I think imo either add all timers or don’t add at all.

On 4/25/2018 at 7:25 PM, Diiaurei said:

I feel like adding veng timers but not having barrage timers - I enjoy being able to time myself when I can be unfrozen, and it's an aspect learnt overtime. If a player doesn't know that - they're already at a disadvantage, but giving it to them, I feel, is a little annoying to those who bothered to learn small mechanics of the game. 

However, if they're added, ALL should be turned off in tournaments.

On 4/25/2018 at 11:06 PM, Aelin said:

On 4/25/2018 at 7:22 PM, JBLIND said:

We can allow them but turn them off in tournaments and ::edgepvp like others have said 

Agreed