Make Mage only in Tournies bannable

Players using mage only in tournies should be banned  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should someone get banned for using mage only in any of the Hybrid Tournaments?

45 minutes ago, Same Sea said:

ngl everyone in the tournament should have the exact same gear.

how would that stop people from using mage only? I think best solution is to reduce the amount of spells ur allowed to use per round, just gotta figure out a good number.

3 minutes ago, JBLIND said:

it won't but it will stop people having a set-up like this;

7df6f2e7a45586767fa3488036e48856.png dd5b2a97e563ee179ca860c8fc484183.png

Could then just reduce food more, maybe max 12 anglers in hybrid/tribrid toruneys, but no matter how much food you cap you can't really stop people from using mage only unless you only give them a set amount of casts or make mage weak.

1 minute ago, Gretar said:

Could then just reduce food more, maybe max 12 anglers in hybrid/tribrid toruneys, but no matter how much food you cap you can't really stop people from using mage only unless you only give them a set amount of casts or make mage weak.

I know you want it so people can chose what they want to use but it hasn't really worked. 

Even if you just reduce the amount of food you can bring people will still camp ahrims hood, tent with no defender. Seers I torm bracelet etc...

Having equal gear with not excessive mage bonus is the way forward at this point or try and push out what I suggested before where it works like when you load the Hybrid pre-made kit. The kit is set out for you but you have a choice of 4 way, 5 way and 6 way. 

You could also try entering the tournament and having the rune pouch, anglers pots all set-up for you already. Boots rings defender n tent (depending on what tournament) but you simply chose yourself if you want bandos - torags DH and the color of your mystic set for example. 

Maybe not force the EXACT same set-up but SOME/MOST items need to be forced. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Gretar said:

how would that stop people from using mage only? I think best solution is to reduce the amount of spells ur allowed to use per round, just gotta figure out a good number.

Tourneys need a full re work anyway or you could just make it ban able so people will start screenshotting/recording people doing it, I record almost every tourney I join and I could make a 10 minute + video of people using mage only.

28 minutes ago, Hatcx said:

Tourneys need a full re work anyway or you could just make it ban able so people will start screenshotting/recording people doing it, I record almost every tourney I join and I could make a 10 minute + video of people using mage only.

What kind of rework would you like to see? Maybe have unlimted spells but once either of the players complains about mage only (via command) both players would get their spells reduced a lot?

5 minutes ago, Gretar said:

What kind of rework would you like to see? Maybe have unlimted spells but once either of the players complains about mage only (via command) both players would get their spells reduced a lot?

No they're just missing  some items in the bank setups and they're very rng based, IMO I'd like to see tent removed from welfare hybrid tourney 

31 minutes ago, Gretar said:

Mage bonuses don’t matter enough, if I’m in mage tank I feel like I’m just as likely to get hit on as when I’m in melee tank

mage seems way too random

it was good but a few weeks/months ago it was shit again 

Edited by Tesfxye
3 hours ago, Gretar said:

yeah it wouldnt stop people from using magic only, but that would stop them from having 3 way switches in a hybrid tournament + having more food on you

1 hour ago, Tesfxye said:

Mage bonuses don’t matter enough, if I’m in mage tank I feel like I’m just as likely to get hit on as when I’m in melee tank

mage seems way too random

it was good but a few weeks/months ago it was shit again 

Idk, ppl splash pretty close to what I'd expect on osrs when it comes to 120 magic accuracy or less give ior take if you're in full d hide for example. But after that, no amount of magic defense bonus matters. You'll get hit a lot. 

We've already went through this the last discussion on tournaments tho

Edited by trihard456
  • Upvote 1
16 minutes ago, trihard456 said:

Idk, ppl splash pretty close to what I'd expect on osrs when it comes to 120 magic accuracy or less give ior take if you're in full d hide for example. But after that, no amount of magic defense bonus matters. You'll get hit a lot. 

We've already went through this the last discussion on tournaments tho

From my experience Yh you do splash and catch a good amount but I don’t see a diffference between the hits when you’re maging a high mage defence or low mage defence 

5 hours ago, Gretar said:

??? the only reason people win with mage only is because of all the mage bonus gear you put in, if everyone has the same gear for example serps, furies, climbing boots (?) in hybrid tournament it will be easier for normal brids to win

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, Tesfxye said:

From my experience Yh you do splash and catch a good amount but I don’t see a diffference between the hits when you’re maging a high mage defence or low mage defence 

Weird. People always complain they splash on me a lot because i use full d hide and seers ring i often. Whether they're in ahrims or around 120 mage bonus or less. But when i put on anything better against higher bonus, it's helpless. 

2 hours ago, Its Gorillas said:

You don’t need to fix the number of casts available @Gretar

other servers have just used set kits with a balanced number of melee/mage items so that it isn’t worthwhile to only mage and it promotes proper hybridding. Its worked successfully on these servers

2 hours ago, Persona said:

??? the only reason people win with mage only is because of all the mage bonus gear you put in, if everyone has the same gear for example serps, furies, climbing boots (?) in hybrid tournament it will be easier for normal brids to win