Would these be good additions to the game?

Salad

I'd love to get feedback on these things as I feel they would be a nice addition to the game.  Feel free to drop your suggestions below as well. :)

1. Item overlays

This would show items that are worth a certain amount as a text over the item loot.  For example, If you were to kill someone with dragon claws during a team fight, instead of you right clicking and paying attention to what you got from the guy, you could see it instantly.  The highest priced item would also be prioritized and put on top of the loot pile.  You will be able to fully customize this feature such as changing the amount(pkp) minimum worth amount and changing the text color.

image.png.6ed62d82d3cb7b6de40916ef2bc01433.png

image.png.39233cb2db065d62a759a0d1591c4b47.png

2. Call familiar/bob

Just as OSRS, you'd be able to call your pet to you if you are unable to find it by clicking the icon in your Equipment tab.

call-follower.png

3. Prayer book customization

When I used to work as the client developer on this server, a few people have asked me to make a toggle that changes the prayer icons. Similar to F-keys, you would be able to set your prayer icons to which ever slot you'd like.

NO IMAGE AS OF YET

4. Revision changing

This would allow you to change to different revisions based on your preference. 377, Osrs and 562 would be the two revisions you can swap from.  This will not add new items into the game but it will change the look of Animations, Graphics and player models.

image.thumb.png.e5683535e89a1b8a51bdbbb3df613192.png

5. Sound system

As we all know, roat does not have any sound. I know that some users may not care but I believe that combat sounds are very beneficial to a pk server.

Edited by Salad
  • Upvote 4

8 hours ago, Salad said:

1. Item overlays;

I don't really agree about this, could really look abit messy and confusion for some players tbh.

2. Call familiar/bob;

Sure, not a bad idea.

3. Prayer book customization;

Support.

4. Revision changing;

I don't mind tbh.

9 hours ago, Salad said:

I'd love to get feedback on these things as I feel they would be a nice addition to the game.  Feel free to drop your suggestions below as well. :)

1. Item overlays

This would show items that are worth a certain amount as a text over the item loot.  For example, If you were to kill someone with dragon claws during a team fight, instead of you right clicking and paying attention to what you got from the guy, you could see it instantly.  The highest priced item would also be prioritized and put on top of the loot pile.  You will be able to fully customize this feature such as changing the amount(pkp) minimum worth amount and changing the text color.

image.png.6ed62d82d3cb7b6de40916ef2bc01433.png

Roatpkz meets osbuddy

2. Call familiar/bob

Just as OSRS, you'd be able to call your pet to you if you are unable to find it by clicking the icon in your Equipment tab.

call-follower.png

Would've thought this would be implemented when pets were released.

3. Prayer book customization

When I used to work as the client developer on this server, a few people have asked me to make a toggle that changes the prayer icons. Similar to F-keys, you would be able to set your prayer icons to which ever slot you'd like.

NO IMAGE AS OF YET

Nah

4. Revision changing

This would allow you to change to different revisions based on your preference. Osrs and 562 would be the two revisions you can swap from.  This will not add new items into the game but it will change the look of Animations, Graphics and player models.

NO IMAGE AS OF YET

Kinda pointless, but I guess some would want it.

Edited by Zoradz

9 minutes ago, Khalil said:

WB Salad,

Nice ideas, item overlay should be a toggle-able option though, can be very useful for pvmers/some pkers

I dont think revision changing is a priority unless its easy to do and doesnt take a toll of the server.

Everything but the call pets would be 100% toggable

OT: 

Added more ideas.  will be uploading some images today

Edited by Salad

14 hours ago, Salad said:

5. Sound system

As we all know, roat does not have any sound. I know that some users may not care but I believe that combat sounds are very beneficial to a pk server.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ DEFO

As long as it's all customizable giving players different options I think is great. I hated 512 but other people might like it. Also I never played with sounds but it is a huge feature. Like if you're afk or something and someone attacks you.