Integration of Forums and Ingame.

I've suggested it before but we need a method of making players create a forums account for their accounts ingame. 

We had a problem with the amount of people on the old forums which caused people to get bored and begin to troll and flame. 

One way you can do it is make it mandatory for players to create a forums account before they can log in with a username.

Another method is making it so players have to use their forums accounts to either vote or receive rewards from voting. 

Basically anything that will attract more forum attention, what good is a new forum base when there is still 10-20 players online at a time.

We have over 200 players on almost everyday I think if the majority of those players were active on the forums we would have great community discussions and players could receive help in more ways instead of waiting for a staff member to log in we could also use this to create polls and server events for the entire community to enjoy. 

• Upvote 1

I've suggested it before but we need a method of making players create a forums account for their accounts ingame. 

We had a problem with the amount of people on the old forums which caused people to get bored and begin to troll and flame. 

One way you can do it is make it mandatory for players to create a forums account before they can log in with a username.

Another method is making it so players have to use their forums accounts to either vote or receive rewards from voting. 

Basically anything that will attract more forum attention, what good is a new forum base when there is still 10-20 players online at a time.

We have over 200 players on almost everyday I think if the majority of those players were active on the forums we would have great community discussions and players could receive help in more ways instead of waiting for a staff member to log in we could also use this to create polls and server events for the entire community to enjoy. 

1) We don't need a suggestion for making them integrated. 

2) How would that stop the trolling? you troll yourself hypocrite, it won't stop just because your shitty forum and Ig account are connected.

3) No, they'd still be able to troll fuck are you talking about. 

4) What does voting have to do with stopping trolling? 

5) The forums have enough attention, what they need is moderation.

6) The majority of users know how to use the forums to appeal, and they know the forums exist I wouldn't force them to use it. 

but I like using my IRL name for forums and Dox Ur Nan ingame. 

Would support this if Gretar did a freeing up on unused names in-game.

If there's a will there's a way. 

I'm sure somehow Gretar can figure out how to integrate your username ingame with a forum name even if they are different.  

• Upvote 1

It's a great idea. Anything that attracts more forum users is always good. Like you said, attracting more forum users means there is more opportunity for community discussion which would be nice to see. I'd just like to keep my forum name the same, because the way it is now (option to use different names for forum and in-game names) is nice. 

I dunno about the voting ting tho, it might work, but eh, bit iffy on that one.

Edited by Harley

If there's a will there's a way. 

I'm sure somehow Gretar can figure out how to integrate your username ingame with a forum name even if they are different.  

It would be pretty simple just from my little bit of Java programming skill. 

I'm assuming he has access to a database of EVERY roat account. I guess this would only be possible if it had join dates/last active dates.

Make a "if" statement: If it's been inactive for X time delete the account. Would actually be really easy if all the information is at hand.

1) We don't need a suggestion for making them integrated. 

2) How would that stop the trolling? you troll yourself hypocrite, it won't stop just because your shitty forum and Ig account are connected.

3) No, they'd still be able to troll fuck are you talking about. 

4) What does voting have to do with stopping trolling? 

5) The forums have enough attention, what they need is moderation.

6) The majority of users know how to use the forums to appeal, and they know the forums exist I wouldn't force them to use it. 

Thank you for insignificant feedback pal, glad to know I struck a nerve in my last post LOL.

Man is bare heated Now if you could please not post on my thread again that would be nice. 

• Upvote 1

Thank you for insignificant feedback pal, glad to know I struck a nerve in my last post LOL.

Man is bare heated Now if you could please not post on my thread again that would be nice. 

So, basically you refuse to refute it. 

Coward, even though I knew that already. 

Edited by Castial

Your whole post was just negative because you don't like me and because I made you cry. 

I don't understand how you can't remove posts on your own topics perhaps I will suggest that next. 

You're right I don't like you, in fact I loath you. However I left any disdain I have for you to talk about your suggestions. However they were in extremely bad taste I used harsher language than may have needed be. 

You want forced integration, I already had an argument with Bats on that ask him yourself. It has nothing to do with you, I just don't like restrictions, or anything forced. 

Also that's another horrible idea, you're just negating much needed discussion just because you dislike the person. 

Okay thank you for your feedback feet lover. :D

Boom, right there trolling and flaming hence why no one will ever take you serious. You don't want this community to thrive, I don't want you in this community your suggestions are shit and you should feel bad for posting them. Just because you can't argue about it logically you resort to shit posts. 

Boom, right there trolling and flaming hence why no one will ever take you serious. You don't want this community to thrive, I don't want you in this community your suggestions are shit and you should feel bad for posting them. Just because you can't argue about it logically you resort to shit posts. 

First and foremost look how sensitive you are, getting so upset and worked up for no reason. Second I wasn't trolling I genuinely would like to thank you for your feedback. Third I think you missed the whole point I want this community to thrive hence why I think integration of forums and in game would be a good idea. Fourth I don't think anyone will take your suggestions or anything you have to say seriously especially seeing how heated and closed minded you are. See pal this is why we need the ability to remove posts from your own threads, to stop condescending retards such as yourself from causing the discussion to sway from a suggestion stand point to a flame battle. Now if you could please stop posting on my thread that would be nice I honestly don't want to have to contact a staff member to deal with your harassment. 

• Upvote 2

First and foremost look how sensitive you are, getting so upset and worked up for no reason. Second I wasn't trolling I genuinely would like to thank you for your feedback. Third I think you missed the whole point I want this community to thrive hence why I think integration of forums and in game would be a good idea. Fourth I don't think anyone will take your suggestions or anything you have to say seriously especially seeing how heated and closed minded you are. See pal this is why we need the ability to remove posts from your own threads, to stop condescending retards such as yourself from causing the discussion to sway from a suggestion stand point to a flame battle. Now if you could please stop posting on my thread that would be nice I honestly don't want to have to contact a staff member to deal with your harassment. 

Where to start. 

Lets point out the flame, "condescending retard", it's appalling that you would use the word condescending when you used it wrong. 

1) "Heated", that would imply I cussed you out or my post was all flame which is not the case I used logic. 

2) "feet lover" when I've generally never mentioned feet unless someone has brought it into the conversation. You're the feet lover mate. 

3) No, having this community thrive would entail you adhere to the rules, that you make a valiant effort to not be a trolling cunt. To not offer suggestions which would restrict players. 

4) Also removing posts from your own threads stops discussion just because you don't like the person, hence it contradicts this thread since you want more forum activity. 

5) Nice empty threat, since it's clear you've only harassed me. 

Edited by Castial

Where to start. 

Lets point out the flame, "condescending retard", it's appalling that you would use the word condescending when you used it wrong. 

1) "Heated", that would imply I cussed you out or my post was all flame which is not the case I used logic. 

2) "feet lover" when I've generally never mentioned feet unless someone has brought it into the conversation. You're the feet lover mate. 

3) No, having this community thrive would entail you adhere to the rules, that you make a valiant effort to not be a trolling cunt. To not offer suggestions which would restrict players. 

4) Also removing posts from your own threads stops discussion just because you don't like the person, hence it contradicts this thread since you want more forum activity. 

5) Nice empty threat, since it's clear you've only harassed me. 

Okay pal thanks for the insight. If there is anyone else who would like to express there feelings other then castial you are welcome to do so. :D

• Upvote 1

Yes Im Anchor Pure And I  Approve This Message.

Only issue with this is that i'm almost 100% sure we would need to re-do the Forum Database meaning all posts, accounts and so on would be lost (i may be wrong..)

Even so i'd rather do this now than in a years time, there may be a way to implement it both for current users and suers to come, never really looked into this, but i'ma take a look.

Good point. People would be more pissed off in a year's time than they would be now.

I still support this too.

Bump, if you notice the forums is pretty dull in terms of activity. 

I'm pretty sure 90% of the server doesn't even know we have a forum change. 

Push for forum integration please meeting all the people who play will be fun!

PQGsXNR.png 

Maybe a message when you first log in would help spread the knowledge. Gonna ask Gretar about it.