RSPS = Toxic community

Marley clan

I agree with what you say, but you should take it with a pinch of salt. This is a PK server, and people are highly competitive, but in a game that is heavily RNG based it's not 100% in the players control so yeah there will always be people flaming each other or the server in general. It has not only become 'cool' to rage at people, but actually coming up with creative insults itself is worth bonus 'virtual' points, you can almost see these people giving themselves a pat on the back as they come up with new and exciting way to demean you.

The thing is I think it's a fair guess to say most of us wouldn't act this way in person (IRL) because these games are just a way to get away from life and sort of de-stress from the idiots you can't punch outside so you take it out on each other on here. At least that's how it is for me. You could try being nice, and there are people who will appreciate that, and who also act like that, but I feel overall you're sort of swimming against the tide because most people are going the other way. Just roll with it and if it ever becomes just too much just pause, take a deep breath, and say "it's just a game." Don't let them get to you, this is a place for entertainment not aggravation. 

• Upvote 2

@PK Guy I think this was very well said. After reading your reply I took a look at some of the gaming communities I have been a part of and your are right. It seems the more competitive the game is the more toxic the community is. 

Also, I want to say that I have no problem with people being toxic to me because I’m way to old to be playing this game and I am fully aware that the average age range for people on this server is probably around 15 so anything that anyone says to me on here never bothers me.  I am very compassionate though so I hate seeing other people be mean to kids that I know have to be pretty young (because of the way they act). I was just hoping that some of the people who are toxic in this community would see this post and think about how what they say may affect people IRL.  Thanks for the reply!

1 hour ago, Marley clan said:

I took a break from rsps and played a lot of other different games and from what I have noticed is RSPS have the most toxic community out of any of them. I will admit there are good people but you get A LOT of toxic people in this community.  Tell me your thoughts

I sit back and watch how pathetic some people are over yell sometimes regarding certain pking methods.

It's ridiculous and laughable how some people take 'nhing' 'briding' so seriously like it's an actual achievement to click a screen a certain speed. The yell can get rather toxic.

Edited by 1 slap
  • Haha 1

I think anywhere it's toxic. On rsps if you get banned for being toxic, then, it's on to the next one.. Runescape you care about your account more so idk. 

I usually just try to be their friend no matter what.. except purple owns I'm currently concerned about his sleep. He was up for a few days ragging @ edge. 

Finally he got some sleep on his old couch bed. He had plenty of flaming hot cheetos all over his sheets. So I know he got plenty of sleep. Good on him.

8 hours ago, PK Guy said:

I agree with what you say, but you should take it with a pinch of salt. This is a PK server, and people are highly competitive, but in a game that is heavily RNG based it's not 100% in the players control so yeah there will always be people flaming each other or the server in general. It has not only become 'cool' to rage at people, but actually coming up with creative insults itself is worth bonus 'virtual' points, you can almost see these people giving themselves a pat on the back as they come up with new and exciting way to demean you.

The thing is I think it's a fair guess to say most of us wouldn't act this way in person (IRL) because these games are just a way to get away from life and sort of de-stress from the idiots you can't punch outside so you take it out on each other on here. At least that's how it is for me. You could try being nice, and there are people who will appreciate that, and who also act like that, but I feel overall you're sort of swimming against the tide because most people are going the other way. Just roll with it and if it ever becomes just too much just pause, take a deep breath, and say "it's just a game." Don't let them get to you, this is a place for entertainment not aggravation. 

^^ Pretty much.

Competitiveness, average age of player like 7 and a half, cultural pot, learning English starting with curse words, unique environment of half a decade of brewing toxicity with staff being no better. With just a dash of elitist faggots, and clowning becoming a favorite past time regardless of who or what you bring to the table. 

Image result for chemical x picture professor

Now in a joking spirit, I will commence you into our ways. 

21 hours ago, Marley clan said:

I’m way to old to be playing this game and I am fully aware that the average age range for people on this server is probably around 15 so anything that anyone says to me on here never bothers me.

Marley Clan after sticking up for himself from some kid calling him a randy, then dying only to some lucky bs RNG claw spec, getting called a randy AGAIN as he sinks to the floor, with niggas crowded around hollering, then making a thread about how shit don't bother him. 

22 hours ago, Marley clan said:

so anything that anyone says to me on here never bothers me.

Image result for raging gif