[Opinion] Slayer is currently too profitable

Seldrike

Hey guys, as we all know slayer got introduced not too long ago, and I am sure there will be balances with it to come. One thing I have noticed though is how much pkp/h you can get, which personally feels too much. It's profitability is on par with zulrah, and zulrah has  much higher skill/gear requirements, and is much more intense. I also noticed an overall general increase of wealth, which I feel will have a negative overall impact on the server's economy.

Just my two cents, let me know what you all think.

1 hour ago, Seldrike said:

It's profitability is on par with zulrah, and zulrah has  much higher skill/gear requirements, and is much more intense.

Zulrah is in a safe instanced zone where items can be reclaimed on death. There is no competition for Zulrah as you are given your own instance. With wilderness slayer, you have to fight with other players for npc spawns. Furthermore, all slayer tasks are assigned in the wilderness whilst zulrah is in a safe instance. Especially since the most common drop from slayer tasks is pkt, you are risking most of your gathered loot when you are doing wilderness slayer. Pkers can attack you at any time and take your stack of pkt which you are not able to keep on death. Its high risk high reward. 

Edited by Its Gorillas

• 3 weeks later...