Roatpkz is bland

I think this RSPS has so much potential but it's very bland, i find myself getting very bored of the constant pking only because you don't get anything in return most of the time. Everything is either free or VERY cheap, and you keep most of the items on death. A Pk server shouldn't be like this in my opinion, it's very bland, all you do is just load your loadout go out kill someone get a bronze key then do it over again. Very basic so please make it so people ACTUALLY risk items. Also making this more pvm heavy would be cool too, i'm more pvp player myself but bossing to get rare items would be cool. 

Also i think you should come up with a new pricing system, the whole pkp thing is kinda dumb imo. I know for a fact that we'd like to have to kill monsters to get our awesome pk gear not just buy it from an NPC by edge.

Thanks for feedback, Roat Pkz is a spawn server (or specifically a semi-spawn server) so welfare stuff will always be free to keep PKing activity high otherwise it would be an 'eco' server.

As for prices, they are constantly being tweaked, chopped and changed around - feel free to expand on suggestions with what you think it should be. We've had more spawnables made unspawnable and PkP per kill altered. PvM has slowly been rolled out over the months, with the recent Slayer skill added, we also had the Oldschool Wilderness bosses added as well.

The PkP store is for convenience and serves as a means to spend PkP earned from PKing, which prevents the need for PvM grind for those who don't want to. It has been there long before Roat had ANY PVM whatsoever and was focused 100% on PKing and nothing else. It is the staple of literally every PvP based server.

If you want to risk then there are designated zones at ::risk/::highrisk and ::meth, ::duel for staking and even in the wilderness you can find some people in max sets, or 'mid sets' to risk if you venture beyond Edge wild.

5 hours ago, JBLIND said:

You're very contradicting mate. You say you want people to risk items but want it to be more PVM related? There is no way of actually forcing players to risk. Why don't you just fight those who are risking rather than the ones who are not.

Throwback:

A New Instanced Boss - only accessible via the Wilderness (requires a risk value to access)

With bosses such as Zulrah and the new Dragon Slayer II boss Vorkath (http://oldschoolrunescape.wikia.com/wiki/Vorkath), ..........

The boss would be in an instanced zone. However, to get into the instanced zone, a player must enter a cave in the wilderness with a certain value of risk on them. For example, a player may need a risk of 1,000 PkP+ to enter the cave. This gives an aspect of high risk-high reward whilst also promoting PK'ing activity. 

Possible bosses to be put into the instanced zone:

8b5b951d147da11b136cd02d641a09c8.png    f6e5936ab4713c9dca157b65ac366669.png0a3e5798c13b46ac27e0b30b6b202f45.png

Edited by Its Gorillas
9 hours ago, GirthQuake said:

all you do is just load your loadout go out kill someone get a bronze key then do it over again.

ye if ur an edge pker lol

9 hours ago, GirthQuake said:

Also i think you should come up with a new pricing system, the whole pkp thing is kinda dumb imo. I know for a fact that we'd like to have to kill monsters to get our awesome pk gear not just buy it from an NPC by edge.

u do realize theres tons of bosses and wilderness slayer

It may be 'bland' as you put it; but its raw pking osrs style.  All it has really is the PK armors which aren't even used (zureals, vestas, ect ect.)

Welfare gear is spawn, higher level gear is cheap (you can get 2-3k an hr in rag in slayer, and an ahrims set with spirit shield is only like 1k risk)

Then high tear gear is super expensive.

It's a decent model if you ask me.  It's a SPAWN PVP server.  I think PVM based private servers is absolutely fucking retarded, which is why wilderness slayer being the best source of PKP by far makes the most sense by far.  If you want to PVM for gear, Runescape isn't the game for you at all.  Even in the main game, its do the most efficient gp/hr method to buy gear.  Then once you do that for hundreds of hours, get a team to do Raids/Raids2 for slightly better profit.

They JUST added wilderness slayer, so I'd assume after a bit they'll make it a bit more diverse.  But if it's too spread out you'd never see anyone pking.  I agree theres a bit too much in the rev caves.  They could add stuff like killing demonic gorillas or other things in slayer.  That way theres more risk further away from where you can tele.  Rite now you just goto rev caves with a tb and hope they didn't just get there for probably 1k risk tops.  But it's still an amazing update that took out the massive gap between the broke players and the rich.  Makes it so anyone has an efficient means to get their first AGS and some risk sets to PVP in.

Edited by drekel