New Wilderness Key Event Feedback!

Hey everyone, as many of you have noticed there is a new wilderness key event in-game. It runs every 2 hours or so, please try it out and let me know how we can improve it.

How does it currently work?
1. A global message appears and a key drops in the wilderness. (5 min timer starts)
2. Players gather around the key location and try to pick up the key once it drops.
3. The player that grabs the key gets teleblocked for 5 minutes.
4. The player holding the key is suppose to make it into the safe zone before he dies.

Misc Data
- You can drop the key while holding it and it will be instantly visible to everyone on the ground.
- Once you die the key drops on the ground, the person who killed you has 10 seconds to pick up the key before everyone else can.
- Anyone can PJ the person thats currently attacking the key holder (prevents boxing).
- You have to have a combat level of 126 to pick up the key.
- A red arrow appears above the head of the current key holder.
- The average key reward is 10K PKP.

Some New Ideas! (Post below what you think of these & your ideas)
- Allow everyone to attack the current key holder, so he would always be in "multi"? (similar to HP events)
- Allow anyone with over 1K PKP risk to attack the key holder, even if he's in combat vs other players.
- Disable running for the key holder, would make the event longer and more challenging.
- Should players be skulled when they pick up the key?

Try out the current event!
It currently runs on this server times. (you can see current time in quest tab).

• 00:00
  • 03:00
  • 05:30
  • 08:00
  • 10:30
  • 13:00
  • 15:30
  • 17:00
  • 19:30
  • 21:00
  • 22:30

Example Video (key is dwarf remains cause client wasn't updated)

Please let me know what you think and if you have any ideas to make the event more fun!

• Upvote 5
1 hour ago, Gretar said:

Some New Ideas! (Post below what you think of these & your ideas)
- Allow everyone to attack the current key holder, so he would always be in "multi"? (similar to HP events) Multi zone should be spotted on the side where you are not able to run and must be in somewhere near level 15 on wilderness and depends on accuracy of the key value() before the holder gets to reach the edge gets attacked by multiple players who contract half way of the real value.(example the holder has crossed 6 tiers that will make the key worth 60k PKP and the attacker must have 30k PKP of worth to remain attacking the key holder.
- Allow anyone with over 1K PKP risk to attack the key holder, even if he's in combat vs other players. Instead of 1k PKP worth switch it for 10k PKP to match the key value since the key is 10k PKP only, that will turn every opponent on the key holder and each time he gets killed the PJer will must have 20k PKP of worth to match the key holder and on.
- Disable running for the key holder, would make the event longer and more challenging. Disable running on a specific level on wilderness perhaps let them run half or 3rd the current deep status.
- Should players be skulled when they pick up the key? Of course let the risks be very clear as such an impressive event and the pressure will raise each time key holder gets killed the attack must allow when the opponent matches the key value outside the multi zone.

solved by Chef.

Here's my opinion to make it hella fun and scary at the same time therefore the real professional PKers will be exposed in the middle of fire and a title must've been earned which will be the next update.

PS: Youtubers should be all over the event therefore will be able to run a big competition during the forums!

New rank suggested; [Professional Ideal]

Best regards

Chef

Edited by Chef
  • Upvote 1

coolest event ever made imo , but few of the ideas in your mind don't fit..
there's contradiction between the 1st the 2nd idea , everyone that has no risk will be able to attack the key holder (1st idea)
only riskers would have the ability to take down the key holder
the way I see it ,if you want to make some $ you gotta risk some $
I agree with the 2nd idea and not the 1st.
3rd idea kinda meh because if your going to run the whole wild ull need 2 pots of stamina ,if your a solo ofcourse ..lets do it this way -> when picking up the key the run energy reduced all the way to 0 (key effect ,more challenging imo) ,just once the key picked obviously.
4th im definitely with it .
no suggestion from me .

2 minutes ago, a pixel v1 said:

there's contradiction between the 1st the 2nd idea , everyone that has no risk will be able to attack the key holder (1st idea)
3rd idea kinda meh because if your going to run the whole wild ull need 2 pots of stamina ,if your a solo ofcourse ..lets do it this way -> when picking up the key the run energy reduced all the way to 0 (key effect ,more challenging imo) ,just once the key picked obviously.
no suggestion from me .

Yes that's good, make run energy drain when you pick up the key and make it run out a lot faster when holding the key.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, a pixel v1 said:

no suggestion from me .

How do you speak English on the forums but if anyone trys to communicate with you ingame it's like talking to a fucking brick wall/ stinky Israeli who doesn't understand a word of English?

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, sophia said:

The key should be dropped to the person kills who kills the person w the key not to every1

The player that kills the key holder has 10 seconds to pick it up, after that it becomes visible for everyone. Good point, I thought the same at first(that it would appear to everyone)

All very good suggestions, run energy should drain faster indeed, you should make something to fight mage boxing- however its only a problem if both the key holder and the guy mage boxing both have riskdefence and 90% is unable to attack them, if there are other riskers they can just pj him off/attack the keyholder

What do u guys think of needing a certain risk to pick up the key? Think it would be better but attract less players, and the chaos and many players fighting is what makes it fun.

Edited by Khalil
  • Upvote 1

Make it 20 seconds to pick up the key loot from the holder at least, if not you can get blitz or barraged for 12-20 seconds and u got 10 to pick up key. 

Also perhaps make 1/5 key drops in multi? Like one at scoprians or above lvl 53 jad? Not all multi but every now and then one in complete multi would be cool. would scare the max sets away and make it better for new/poor player.

disable ::riskdefence and ::ragdefence also or only 1k risks can attack the holder anyways. 

Make run drain twice as fast or something to make this last longer  saw a couple where he grabbed key and ran straight to lvl 1. 

Just trying to give the poor/new players more of a chance  

Awesome update though! Is very fun. Nice work! 

Make it to where you cannot tele at all with key, make it more fun. last key event had like 10 people at it so he boxed the pirates for 5 mins then ran to mb and teled lol.

Edited by Bailey Jay
2 hours ago, am s1k ked said:

From the video, useless without a team so I don’t see the bother unless you get super lucky like Khalil did with 90 splashes of blood barrage or blood blitz whatever it was

"Super lucky" that he was hit by blood spells instead of ice spells! Also, maybe others didn't realise his attacker could have been PJ'ed and forced off, so that somebody who wanted to stop him could get on him.

Early days yet, people will learn some tactics soon enough.

2 hours ago, PK Guy said:

"Super lucky" that he was hit by blood spells instead of ice spells! Also, maybe others didn't realise his attacker could have been PJ'ed and forced off, so that somebody who wanted to stop him could get on him.

Early days yet, people will learn some tactics soon enough.

Couldn't pj off because of risk defence

Great update maybe

Maybe this is a idea;

it would be nice if the dmm chest would be in the wilderness for the key, so even if you make it out you need to risk anywhere in the wild to open it and when you open it there will be a broadcast that the dmm chest is open with the loot and the keyholder who opened the chest will lose full invertory after opening the chest so his ( friends,clan ) need to protect him for enemies.

Update was great I won the 3rd key (I let the boys munch on the first 2 was np).

i think making the key holder multi everywhere is a terrible idea the key event would take like an hour assuming clans were fairly balanced. having regular wilderness zones apply leaves room for clans and lone members to actually strategize a win. 

I also think it's a good idea to reduce the key holders run energy when they pick up the key. 

im not sure how it works currently but I think it'd be a good idea to make it where the key locations rotate. multi/singles/multi/singles to give the Israelis and the actual competent humans equal opportunity to have fun 

• Upvote 1
9 minutes ago, Tupac said:

Update was great I won the 3rd key (I let the boys munch on the first 2 was np).

i think making the key holder multi everywhere is a terrible idea the key event would take like an hour assuming clans were fairly balanced. having regular wilderness zones apply leaves room for clans and lone members to actually strategize a win. 

I also think it's a good idea to reduce the key holders run energy when they pick up the key. 

im not sure how it works currently but I think it'd be a good idea to make it where the key locations rotate. multi/singles/multi/singles to give the Israelis and the actual competent humans equal opportunity to have fun 

I disagree

• Upvote 1