Suggestions on how to stop wildy key boxing!!!

Hey friends, as many of you know the wilderness key has been in-game for quite some time.

We've always had it so whenever the wildy key holder is attacking someone, that player won't be marked as 'under attack', that is to stop boxing. For example, if I am holding the wilderness key and boxing Jblind, anyone can attack Jblind because my attacks won't make him under attack.

However, recently refunt & daul have outsmarted the system and started using it for double special attacks (similar to bh target pjing on osrs)

Now I need you help friends, I need ideas on how to fix this, or what other system I could implement to stop it, or allow ppl to do it?

The ideas I currently have to fix it:

1. If someone is already doing over X amount of damage (on average) on the key holder per tick, no one can PJ him?

Here is an example of the crime in action

b6e7e41be9b2337bed80ce92d924508d.gif

• Upvote 1
11 minutes ago, paramingo said:

remove the pj system on the wilderness key

Make it when the keyholder boxes back he get 1 hitted by the server and dies,

And when they hitting each other for 5 ticks for a x amount of damage lower as 50 they both getting hit by the server for a 50 and pj is avaiable (this is only when the keyholder fighting back)

Not feasable, what if someone just brings an iron sword or wind strike? Would pretty much have the same affect as boxing. The second idea is good I think, but allow for a more ticks than 5.

8 minutes ago, Fruitiest said:

y not make it against rules and if someone is boxing they get punished

Its not good idea, we would have ppl yelling all time 'bro come help me fast staff come fast key event someone boxing!!!!' all day.

hmm i rememeber telling u gretar about this bug like a month ago but i dont think u understood and was hard to explain without a video. just make it the key holder cant attack back?allowing anyone to pj the player who is attacking they key holder

also some annoying shit about the key id like to mention,20 multi bots camping multi with the key,not being able to find the player with the key,having to remove risk defence to attack some1 in 0 risk who is attacking the player with the key

Edited by nh tank
3 hours ago, Gretar said:

1. If someone is already doing over X amount of damage (on average) on the key holder per tick, no one can PJ him?

You're close, but reverse it/add both, make it so the wildy key holder has to do a certain amount of damage or they can get pjed. 

Perhaps add a timer? if they don't deal like for example 150 damage within one minute (Feasible), then the attacker gets teleported home/or jailed, having a punitive punishment in place along with the timer counting down will make people stop boxing. To stop people from alternating the wildy key holder, make it so names are remembered so people don't box, and timer is where it was left off before attacker stopped.  

Any staff bashing/low level spells/bare fists should not be allowed. 

Edited by pm2getbodied

Wilderness key is great how it is & where it is, people need to stop being clueless and realize this mechanic exists and to not plank to it, just like the bh system on osrs, also idk why we got punished for using game mechanics and IF WHOEVER BANNED US IS WHO I THINK IT IS we didn't get banned for "abusing a bug" but more of a corrupt move to get back at someone else, anyways it should stay how it is. It's not like u cant see the big ass red dot preparing to rush you lmao :S

Edited by Refunt
  • Upvote 2

I actually like this game mechanic, and think it adds an unique twist to the game. As you already said @Gretar, OSRS had a feature similar to this in Bounty Hunter and it was left unchanged for over one year. Also I think the ban is kinda bs (nobody ever got punished for doing it on 07), but its not perm so i dont really care.

As for fixing it, as I said above I want you to consider keeping it. But if you want to fix it the best idea I have is to make it so that the person that's attacking key owner will not be damaged by anyone else's attacks until like 10 ticks after he's done attacking the key owner. He can still get pjed off, he can still get frozen away or stunned, he just won't get damaged by anyone else for like 3 seconds. Imo this is the perfect solution because it still prevents boxing, and nobody can abuse it like me and Refunt did. 

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, Gretar said:

Now I need you help friends

Yeah, you need help with your grammar

Change the mechanics so that players who pj you can not use a special attack speck for their very first hit on you. Or add a pj timer of like 2-3 seconds

OR If a special attack is done on the key holder a pj timer of 2-4 seconds is automatically added to key holder giving him the ability to not be double specced out that fast

6 hours ago, Fruitiest said:

y not make it against rules and if someone is boxing they get punished

because people follow rules L0L

Edited by Xex
2 hours ago, WAHEY said:

Wow u really didnt have to expose my spastic clicking like that gretar brother 😪😪

sanfew angler brew hh

13 minutes ago, Xex said:

Yeah, you need help with your grammar

Change the mechanics so that players who pj you can not use a special attack speck for their very first hit on you. Or add a pj timer of like 2-3 seconds

OR If a special attack is done on the key holder a pj timer of 2-4 seconds is automatically added to key holder giving him the ability to not be double specced out that fast

because people follow rules L0L

if u dont folo rules ur going to gulag 

• Upvote 1