Serp Venom

1 hour ago, paramingo said:

The serpentine helm is affecting for players who dont use anti venom or have a serp helm equipt otherwise they get affected and can heal their self with a sanfew serum but it doesnt mean if you drink that u cant be effected anymore! 

Erm, what?

I'm not saying that the serp shouldn't make you immune to venom and poison damage when equipped, that's what it is meant to do. I'm saying that wearing a serp shouldn't envenom other players when you attack them.

40 minutes ago, Smackd said:

They only nerfed it because of the use it had PVM wise on OSRS, not important for us to change on roat.

(Basically was too OP for solo Sara and solo Bandos)

The nerf wasn’t just for PvM. This is clearly highlighted since they brought back the envenoming effect for PvM and just kept it removed/kept the nerf for PvP. @PK Guy @Smackd

Also, it remains BiS for strength bonus with a +5  whilst the neitiznot helm only has a +3 strength bonus. 

To put this into perspective, this is the same difference in strength bonus between the barrows gloved and ferocious gloves. 

Like @PK Guysaid earlier, another benefit of it in comparison to the  neitiznot helm is around +20 on all def bonuses over it (which is quite considerable seeing as the neitiznot helm def bonuses are only in the 30’s). 

Edited by Its Gorillas
11 minutes ago, Its Gorillas said:

The nerf wasn’t just for PvM. This is clearly highlighted since they brought back the envenoming effect for PvM and just kept it removed/kept the nerf for PvP. @PK Guy @Smackd

Also, it remains BiS for strength bonus with a +5  whilst the neitiznot helm only has a +3 strength bonus. 

To put this into perspective, this is the same difference in strength bonus between the barrows gloved and ferocious gloves. 

Like @PK Guysaid earlier, another benefit of it in comparison to the  neitiznot helm is around +20 on all def bonuses over it (which is quite considerable seeing as the neitiznot helm def bonuses are only in the 30’s). 

It only brought venom back vs the NPC you’re attacking, before it venomed all the minions attacking you, basically killing them before you even ended up getting to them.

They also reduced the strength bonus to +3 because they felt they couldn’t add a future BIS helmet, they ended up adding a Justiciar helmet but that was only a defensive helmet so that’s why they re upped the strength bonus on the serp again.

• Confused 1
3 minutes ago, Smackd said:

It only brought venom back vs the NPC you’re attacking, before it venomed all the minions basically killing them before you even ended up getting to them.

They also reduced the strength bonus to +3 because they felt they couldn’t add a future BIS helmet, they ended up adding a Justiciar helmet but that was only a defensive helmet so that’s why they re upped the strength bonus on the serp again.

Yes, it now only envenoms in PvM with melee attacks. 

But this doesn't change anything I said?

It doesn't go againstthe fact that it ended up remaining BiS strength bonus with strong defensive bonuses and it also doesn't go against the fact that they decided to keep the envenoming nerf for PvP (since the helm is strong enough in the PvP already without that function).

Edited by Its Gorillas
7 minutes ago, Its Gorillas said:

Yes, it now only envenoms in PvM with melee attacks. 

But this doesn't change anything I said?

It doesn't go againstthe fact that it ended up remaining BiS strength bonus with strong defensive bonuses and it also doesn't go against the fact that they decided to keep the envenoming nerf for PvP (since the helm is strong enough in the PvP already without that function).

I can see them bringing it back, a big problem was the serp was only 100-200k making it way too OP for that price, it rose back to 3 mill only because they added a dismantle option.

Not to mention this year is gonna be a big push and fix for OSRS PvP to make it more enjoyable again.

I don’t think it’s too op, especially on a RSPS and there’s anti-venom++ for use on here that’ll protect you for 3 minutes, not to mention free sanfew serums, (30k each on OSRS no one wants to bring those).