Suggestions for potential skills

I've been thinking about potential ways to add new skills recently and from what i know the staff team have been looking into adding more skills so i thought i'd give my idea's and feedback on ways to add skills into the game, if you have any idea's yourself please leave them below and i will update this list.

The Wilderness Resource Area

Spoiler

Located by the edge lever, magic axes close to magebank and ::50s this location has alot of potential to be used for alot of the skills listed such as fishing mining smithing firemaking woodcutting etc, thought i would list it up here as i think adding this area in some form or another would be a good idea for the future of skilling on roat

Runecrafting

Spoiler

there are currently wrath runes that cost pkp, but apart that i have no idea for this skill.

Construction

Spoiler

Construction defiantly has alot of potential possibilities as a skill to be added,  the main reason obviously being player owned houses of some sort, i dont know how difficult this is to create and if it would cause issues but its defiantly on the table to be added in some way.

Agility

Spoiler

Agility could be added in some form or another to the wilderness agility course, i personally cant think of anyway to add it in an interesting non-grindy way but theres defiantly potential in the skill with considering the wildy course.

Herblore

Spoiler

I've already heard some talk about this skill, making brews and sanfews cost pkp, then obviously being able to make alot of other potions that already cost pkp.. i dont have much more to add than that but it could make a good addition.

Thieving

Spoiler

Thieving could be quite easily added as a simple semi-afk method of getting pkp things like rouge's already exist up near ::50s but you could probaly find a way to implement stalls or other npc's to pickpocket to make pkp on the server.

Crafting

Spoiler

I'm not fully sure on crafting because it might have to work in conjunction with other skills, but maybe you could eventually craft your own fury's or zenyte jewelry, maybe demonic gorillas cant drop the crafted zenyte items anymore and you have to find somebody to craft them for you, im not sure, or something along those lines.

Fletching

Spoiler

Would have to work in conjunction with woodcutting most likley, but it could be used to possibly fletch things like dark bows, im not sure about this skill though.

Hunter

Spoiler

There are multiple hunter training spots in the wildy such as black salamanders and chins, though i believe chins are disabled for a reason and people dont really use salamanders for pvp, there could possibly be a vendor to trade in these for pkp or something like that, another use for hunter could be adding implings to the server that are always hovering around in the wildy and catching them for potentially very good loot

Mining & Smithing

Spoiler

Im including these 2 together because they'll likley work hand-in-hand, the aforementioned wilderness resource area could come in handy here, potentially being able to smith things such as dragon, barrows, bandos etc and obviously these having there own corresponding ores

Fishing/Cooking

Spoiler

Once again i think the wilderness resource area could be used to train this skill, or possibly even the east side of the wilderness that has an ocean to add fishing spots, being able to catch fish to trade into a vendor, or just fishing straight up pk points either way could be annother semi-afk method of money making, as far as cooking goes i cant see it having any use but maybe you guys have some idea's on that.

Firemaking/Woodcutting

Spoiler

Im not sure how to implement firemaking without it being just very boring and just burning logs or something, but woodcutting could have some uses and tie into fletching, possibly adding being able to cut down killed ents and getting logs or something from them could be a very cool addition aswell.

Farming

Spoiler

Adding farming patch's into the wilderness might not work very well and im not sure how else it could be implemented but could tie into herblore for getting the herb's, if you have any idea's for farming let me know.

So, thats all the skills in old school runescape and my idea's on how to implement them onto roat pkz i would really appreciate all feedback and idea's on these suggestions, thank you for reading have a nice day -Fity

• 2 months later...

This should be spoken more - construction can add a lot to the game - the spec restore chests can be reduced, and construction added - this way it will make people do a bit more effort rather than logging to server, spacing and logging out.

The player-owned house can also help in reducing bank spaces taken for customs and rewards, and also add an option for teleports that can reduce portals across the game and skills.

Altough it can take a lot effort to rewrite some spawnable items and some skills - it's worth the fun of it.

I suggest also to create pets with special abilities that can be earned from wildy bosses /achievements/pets boxes.

farming is useless unless the herblore is also added, but then the economics and spawned items need to be rewritten, so it's more complicated.

Hope to see what improvements/changes to come!