Wilderness keys

Should there be a brew cap at wilderness keys?  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Yes or no?

2. 2. Would you like to see high-risk wilderness keys in the future?

Hey guys. So as you all know, there is currently no brew cap when picking up wilderness keys. This means that players can bring (and usually do) 18+ brews to these events, with tank armour. They know the system is flawed and make hundreds of thousands of pkp doing this. It is nearly impossible to kill someone under these circumstances (assuming the key is in a singles area). They are packing nearly 1300hp in their inventory, or 60 anglerfish lol. It's unrealistic to expect to kill these people without incredible rng. You are seeing incredibly unskilled players that normally don't engage in this kind of pking (if any) tanking groups of 10+ people, simply due to the fact that they have such a ridiculous amount of hp. 

Now maybe i'm the only person that sees this as being an issue, but I think there are things that could be done to make these events more exciting and realistic for everyone. If not a brew cap, maybe extend the tb, although it's already 6:00. 

I also think that there should be some sort of incentive to bring risk to these events. Currently, there is no reason to bring much risk if you plan on running the key, as you can simply wear karils with an ancient staff and expect some degree of success (refer to first paragraph). Something I thought of could be something like every 3rd key, you need to be risking x-amount of pkp to attempt to pick up/attack the key holder. These keys would offer better rewards (even slightly) than the regular wilderness keys, while obviously coming at a greater risk. 

I'm curious to hear what you guys think of this and if you have any other ideas please leave them below.  @PK Guy @Ahmash @Gretar @Smackd @Fantastic  @Oso_2real  @sophia @JBLIND  @Tesfxye @Khalil @King Arturia @WAHEY 

Edited by Tupac
  • Upvote 5

i think 6 mins tb timer is long enough and a 6 brew cap sounds about right, you shud also get auto skulled when picking up the key so ppl using max gear risk it if they die, why not even make it so protect item is disabled when your carrying the key for singles only keys this wud be for

some of the singles keys like axe hut and pirates hideout are easy to tank therefore we cud make it so u cant enter those whilst carrying the key

2 hours ago, paramingo said:

Make it when you pick up the key the brews in your inventory vanish to a maximum of 8 and u cant pick any other brews from the ground

good idea but when trying to pick up the key it shud warn u of losing ur brews along with getting skulled so ppl are aware of the risk

2 hours ago, Tesfxye said:

Maybe the more brews u have in the inv the longer the tb 

minimum risk should’ve been implemented months ago 

should be minimum 5k risk and buff the keys 

nah wud rather hav a brew cap and keep tb timer same, keys dont need a buff theres about 10 keys coming into the game per day and ppl shud only be using them on huge chests where they can get up to 60k per key (x2 dragon claws)

minimum risk requirement wudnt make it fair for new or poor players who need the keys most, with a 5k min risk ppl like me wud go with full stat and divine and win almost every singles key

4 hours ago, nh tank said:

18 brews me on the focus np's 😛 but ye also the deadman chest only 4min tb and like u said people bringing divine and 18 brews dont even have to f3 to tank lol frustrating

i agree the same shud be done with the huge chest, ive been to a few huge chests with around +450 def bonus + divine and 16 brews camping melee pray the entire 4 mins and still leaving with around 7 or 8 brews left

u get auto skulled wen using keys on the chest and also the 4 min tb timer is long enough since ur carrying keys in inv, the tb timer resets per each key used on the chest, so if u got 5 keys to open theres a short delay between each key meaning ur tbed for around 4:30

a 6 brew cap at only the singles chests wud make it more of a challenge to tank and pkers/clans wud have a better chance of killing ppl

Edited by Ahmash
  • Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...