Drop Table + Treasure Trails

Hi there,

First of all before I start this I would like to clarify that I know that it costs alot of effort and time to create new content. I've ran a few little servers myself and I know the pressure is high and hard to handle. Thus I want to offer my services. If ever you need some silly thing written or static id's/texts added, I'll be pleased to do that for nothing at all. Also if you feel like it, hook me up for creative idea's or ways to add certain things.

Drop Table

I know there is a drop table function in game. What I don't know, is if this is static or pulled from a database. I myself love to be able to see the droprates for all items ANY npc drops. So if this is done static, maybe you or we can take the time to go by all popular NPC's and actually write down the droprates of all items they drop. If this is done another way, somehow pulled from the game data or a database, maybe we should consider making this dialog more dynamic. We should be able to put any npc name and have it show all possible item drops and it's corresponding droprate. This would make it easier to choose which npc to kill for a long time and also calculate our chances.

Treasure Trails

Knowing this can be done in many ways, this can be done quite swiftly and very rewarding. I'm going to introduce you to the system I once used on an old server of mine.

At the npc death class, a line is added where a seperate droptable is called. This droptable is ment for clue scroll drops (I also used it for upgrade tokens and PvM Tokens, which were a seperate currency). Monsters of low combat levels drop Easy clues, medium combat levels drop Medium clues, high combat level drop Hard clues and Bosses drop All clues + Elite clues.

Easy clue: 2-3 steps, could be chatbox hints (easy), could be real TT interfaces (harder to code), could be like achievements.
Medium clue: 3-5 steps.
Hard clue: 4-6 steps.
Elite clue: 5-8 steps + boss fight (instance).

Rewards

When obtained the casket (which should be untradeable imo, where clue scrolls should be tradeable) you can open this for a series of rewards. I would say some rewards are just like drops. Also it should have a chance of giving stuff like Pkp, skill points, etc. Last but not least maybe introduce a new key, the Treasure (trails?) Key, which has unique rewards which are unobtainable with other keys/npc drops.

Obviously there's way more to this and you can bring this in alot of ways but I love to have the idea of hunting for a clue scroll while killing npc's and making money. It's always nice to have a bit of a 'side-trail' while doing your moneymaking.

Post your thought, see you in-game.

- ELKAY

• Upvote 1

The drop table covers every monster that drops anything of value (except slayer assignments, which drop PkP and Slayer keys only). I'm not sure how the table loads the data,  whether it's manual or automatic pulled.

Support for Treasure Trails, and I especially like the Treasure key idea. Not sure what the loot could be though, maybe some of the OSRS clue items? What about having some items available in multiple ways (e.g. 3rd age from vote store or rare chance from clue as well)?

15 hours ago, PK Guy said:

The drop table covers every monster that drops anything of value (except slayer assignments, which drop PkP and Slayer keys only). I'm not sure how the table loads the data,  whether it's manual or automatic pulled.

Support for Treasure Trails, and I especially like the Treasure key idea. Not sure what the loot could be though, maybe some of the OSRS clue items? What about having some items available in multiple ways (e.g. 3rd age from vote store or rare chance from clue as well)?

I understand your point about the drop table but it bothers me that it just states the Revenant Dragon drops and none of the other revs for example.

And yes, indeed! Why not. And maybe some new recolored items or a TT only weapon. Who knows what the possibilities are. Maaaaybe even Rewards + standard Treasure Points, for a Treasure Shop.... My fantasy is blowing up..

• 4 weeks later...