Donation flaws

mauloffro

Greetings, hope everyone’s day is well. I’d like to get straight into an issue I assumed was going to be fixed years ago, donation reward claims. I understand 80% of the donation system is automatic and usually instant but unfortunately it lacks in granting major milestones that are reached by multiple people daily. For instance, when I reached the $1000 milestone for donating it took multiple days, nearly a week to get my custom reward. Now I’m at the $1500 milestone and the same issue is occurring. It took you guys seconds to confirm and deduct those hundreds, now thousands of dollars from me. I feel almost disrespected in a sense that I’ve forked over so much money and have to wait in order to “celebrate” my milestone achievement when it’s convenient for the staff.  I feel their is a huge disconnection between the development team and it’s donors. We are customers that help keep this server online and should be treated priority when donating hard earned money. I come home from work late every night, I work 6 days a week, 65 hours. I don’t have time to be sitting at my desk hoping the right staff member is on/“not busy” in order to get what I paid for. 

• Upvote 6

Hey, I see what you're saying and how it can feel waiting for the custom reward. Gretar just wanted to add the special personal touch when handing out these himself, so as mods or admins we can't do it (in rare cases he can allow access to certain admins if he knows he won't be available). 

Believe me I did suggest the idea of an automatic system before, example an interface to select your custom, but a lot of players really do appreciate the meeting with Gretar. Secondly, as said above, that would make it too easy for fraudulent/charged-back payments to be able to claim a custom and even manage to lose/sell it to someone else before we are able to handle the situation. 

Here is an excerpt from the Customs info page:

861e33dff1320a6fe31699b5e824834a.png

https://roatpkz.com/donate/customs/ 

I’m 100% with you on this. BMT Micro is a horrible payment system and we’re going to change it in the near future. Gretar has already planned out the best way to do this, so donating will be much quicker for both parties.

For the custom tickets part;

Unfortunately only Gretar (the owner) has the ability to spawn and hand out custom items/pets/yelltags. He spends most of his time coding or taking care of other Roat Pkz related arrangements which makes it hard for him to find time to sort customs but I can assure you that everyone receives their rewards.

Maybe someday he’ll introduce a system that’ll make it a lot faster and easier. 😄 

not to mention the milestone achievements lack incentive, when anything worth anything in the shop costs 1k+ donator points while the rewards only give bonuses in the double digits, and most people donating for top pkp value dont donate for the points or the boxes

how are you not legendary with that much donated? 

Edited by Ellinor

On 10/7/2019 at 8:20 AM, Fantastic said:

I’m 100% with you on this. BMT Micro is a horrible payment system and we’re going to change it in the near future. Gretar has already planned out the best way to do this, so donating will be much quicker for both parties.

For the custom tickets part;

Unfortunately only Gretar (the owner) has the ability to spawn and hand out custom items/pets/yelltags. He spends most of his time coding or taking care of other Roat Pkz related arrangements which makes it hard for him to find time to sort customs but I can assure you that everyone receives their rewards.

Maybe someday he’ll introduce a system that’ll make it a lot faster and easier. 😄 

God I hope he bins BMT ASAP I hate the fact I have to pay an extra 20% on top of what I'm buying because of V.A.T.

Yeah, but to be fair the tax issue is not really BMT's fault, it's their legal obligation and as such that % of the payment doesn't get to Roat Pkz. I don't know which payment processor every RSPS uses, but at least 2 others I checked are also using BMT so it probably is the most suitable one right now. Not worth to being a tax dodger and creating unwanted attention of law enforcement. Donate by OSRS gold to avoid VAT.

https://secure.bmtmicro.com/resources/info/VAT.html

16 hours ago, Ellinor said:

not to mention the milestone achievements lack incentive, when anything worth anything in the shop costs 1k+ donator points while the rewards only give bonuses in the double digits, and most people donating for top pkp value dont donate for the points or the boxes

how are you not legendary with that much donated? 

Honestly. You need to actually donate for the “legendary” status itself. Not to mention upgrading from each level ( donor, sup donor, extreme donor legendary donor) doesn’t stack. A regular player whom is non donor can pay $170 for legendary and an extreme donor who’s potentially paid $170 assuming he’s bought donor, super then extreme could of payed the same price and still be an extreme donor. It’s not fair. Why should I have to pay over $350 to have legendary status when a new player could join today and pay about half the price and be a higher rank? No respect for the vets. @Gretar@Fantastic@PK Guy@JBLIND

• Upvote 2