Randoms need some work

First of all the standard genie random is needlessly stressful. You picked several similar items like rune plate and rune plate (t)/guthix plate. You just made it harder for humans to solve without really making it harder for bots, if a bot is advanced enough that it can see through the fuzz and detect individual items then it most certainly can detect a trim color, please change the items to completely different ones from each-other so that its mindless for people. I have heard people on yell/help saying they got blocked cause they messed up the random twice, I struggle sometimes and I cant even imagine how bad it is for colorblind people.

Second of all the reward is a joke. I was doing zulrah and cause I couldnt do the genie for a minute I got hit with the captcha random where you have to open a web page and verify your humanity and what do I get?

14 pkp. That is just ridiculous for the effort man, I give away 20X that to random people who ask for starting untradables. There is no one on this game who would feel rewarded by 14 pkp, not a single person. Random events should give like 100 pkp on average. Still pretty terrible amount, but worth a few logs if you're woodcutting, or worth a portion of a boss kill/slayer task if you're pvming.

My problem is that I actually lose money solving a random event no matter what I'm doing because the pkp it gives is worth less than killing a few monsters, woodcutting, pking or bossing. If we have too inconvenience people in an attempt to stop bots , might as well throw us a bone :)

Edited by Krigeris
  • Upvote 1

I get a lot of complaints about random events. In PvM it causes problems because you can't solve it while under attack - it needs a fix such as forcing interface open in combat or making the genie wait longer. But I never had the webpage captcha, only in-game item one.

As for the reward, yes something more would be nice. Especially noticeable in wilderness activities where it's never worth to keep those few PKP because every spot counts and I'd rather keep an extra brew. I think an XP lamp is a fair reward, or something that gives you choice to take either PKP or XP. 

Mods need a command to remove cooldown off legit players. 

23 hours ago, 1 slap said:

A vote box could be a cool reward. I agree with the trim colours theyre hard to see sometimes. Especially when youre in a dangerous situation. Switch it up gretar pls and remove the webpage one!!! 

i take back me saying voting on an rsps is for dead beats... if randoms give vote boxes, is bot zulrah and make bank

Edited by Isaiah