Add raids??

I was sitting and wondering to myself and i came to a conclusion. Why is there no raids added yet on the server? It's legit the best money making and it would be a perfect way to do something if ur legit bored. All u do is pvming/pk/skilling and staking. It gets bored in the end. I think that adding TOB and CoX would make the server more fun and more thing to strive after. Probably the best money making method of all id say. Please staff team or Gretar, consider the idea of adding it.. Would be super fun if it was added. Cant believe no one have brought  up this idea. But yea lets hope it does get added to the game. 

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, powpowpew said:

But why? tell me just sad that tob and cox will be delayed. If this is a pk server why is there other pvm bosses added? just a prevarication

A large majority of the bosses are wilderness bosses, the only bosses not accessed via the wilderness are Kraken, Zulrah, and Roatpkz Monster/Champ. Servers can call themselves whatever they want, there are tons of "PK" servers with 10-20 people in the wilderness and 300+ Online. When skilling was first released, wilderness activity plummeted because everyone was skilling, adding content like CoX would most likely hurt the game, not benefit it. Let me break this down to you in a PRO/CON List.

PROS: Added Content, More Money Making Methods, Attracts new players, More uses for End-Game items (T-Bow & Scythe), Create a higher demand for PVP Items/Items that aren't seeing much use today.

CONS: Reduce Wilderness Activity -> causing a decreasing player count, stagnation due to lack of updates/content, End up as dead content because a large majority of the server will not know how to raid. Roatpkz will take one step closer to becoming a generic PK/Economy Server. 

Just my 2 Cents on the matter, you don't have to agree with me.

Edited by Lowrider
  • Upvote 1
19 minutes ago, Lowrider said:

Servers can call themselves whatever they want, there are tons of "PK" servers with 10-20 people in the wilderness and 300+ Online. 

There are other factors to this, other than 'skilling/pvm'. I can name several servers (not including roat) that have eco/skilling and an active wilderness. It's about balance. Gretar has done quite well with it recently.

19 minutes ago, Lowrider said:

CONS: Reduce Wilderness Activity -> causing a decreasing player count, stagnation due to lack of updates/content, End up as dead content because a large majority of the server will not know how to raid. Roatpkz will take one step closer to becoming a generic PK/Economy Server. 

Just my 2 Cents on the matter, you don't have to agree with me.

Again, see above. It's about balance - Those that don't want to raid, won't. There is an obvious demand for it, Is it enough to warrant adding it into game? I'm not sure. Gretar will be the judge of that.
It works for some, it doesn't work for others.

12 minutes ago, Zoradz said:

There are other factors to this, other than 'skilling/pvm'. I can name several servers (not including roat) that have eco/skilling and an active wilderness. It's about balance. Gretar has done quite well with it recently.

Again, see above. It's about balance - Those that don't want to raid, won't. There is an obvious demand for it, Is it enough to warrant adding it into game? I'm not sure. Gretar will be the judge of that.
It works for some, it doesn't work for others.

And you're totally right, there is enough demand to add Raids, it's Gretar's call.  For me personally CoX was a major thing that killed the last server I moderated on, and the last thing I want to do  is to support an update that could be possibly detrimental to the game. You do make a good point though. 

• 1 year later...