Rules regarding (advertising) your youtube video's.

So let me make this clear before I suggest some new rules regarding advertising your youtube video's:

I'm very glad, and love to see that more people decide to make Roatpkz video's every single day. They're fun to watch, different perspectives and all got their own sort of content. I also make video's myself and yes, I advertise them in-game aswell. However lately I've been getting more and more annoyed because of people literally spamming their video's and doing fake giveaways.

New suggested rules regarding  Youtube video's:

Advertising your Youtube video's

Advertising your Youtube video's in-game through autochat and yell is allowed. However, to reduce the amount of spam, you're only allowed to yell something regarding your video every three minutes. continuously spamming your video and ignoring the 3 minute marker will result in a temporary mute.

Faking giveaways

Hosting giveaways in your Roatpkz video's is legal. However, faking giveaways (i.e never drawing winners, giving it to your alt etc.) can result in a permanent ban. 

Spamming video's every 30 seconds for a week long and faking giveaways is not only annoying in-game and not fair to your viewers, but is also contradictory to the Youtubers that are not flooding the chat and actually payout the giveaway winners fair and square. Players that watch those video's lose trust and ignore the advertisement yells because it's being spammed so much. To counter this upcoming 'problem' even better I'd suggest staffmembers to check the video's from people with Youtube ranks now and then and see if they've actually picked and paid out their giveaway winners.

Feel free to give any suggestions (and ofcourse your oppinion) regarding this suggestion.

• Upvote 1

I agree with you in principle but I think it's a difficult one for staff members to monitor and control regarding the giveaways.  The yells should fall under existing yell rules I think, or similar to clan chat advertising. I don't know if it's worth a ban, but definitely all official youtubers with the rank should be fair and honest or permanently stripped of the rank. 

Fake giveaways have been a thing since before youtube vids, in the old days before items could be dropped, people would yell to come to ::party and make people line up for ages before vanishing. At the end of the day it's a free gift, you can't lose what you didn't have, but I see your point about them "stealing" video views and causing  trust issues which are having an effect on genuine youtubers.

Having said that, please like and share this post, PM me with your name to enter my fake giveaway. Winner from my last post is: me! 🙄

2 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

I agree with you in principle but I think it's a difficult one for staff members to monitor and control regarding the giveaways.  The yells should fall under existing yell rules I think, or similar to clan chat advertising. I don't know if it's worth a ban, but definitely all official youtubers with the rank should be fair and honest or permanently stripped of the rank. 

Fake giveaways have been a thing since before youtube vids, in the old days before items could be dropped, people would yell to come to ::party and make people line up for ages before vanishing. At the end of the day it's a free gift, you can't lose what you didn't have, but I see your point about them "stealing" video views and causing  trust issues which are having an effect on genuine youtubers.

Having said that, please like and share this post, PM me with your name to enter my fake giveaway. Winner from my last post is: me! 🙄

I know it will be very hard to properly monitor people with Youtube ranks, however it's not that hard to pick out some of the fake giveaways. i.e having to like, subscribe and comment your in-game name with a disabled comment section and titles + video material from other people. Here's an example: 

3 hours ago, Knasterd said:

Advertising your Youtube video's

Advertising your Youtube video's in-game through autochat and yell is allowed. However, to reduce the amount of spam, you're only allowed to yell something regarding your video every three minutes. continuously spamming your video and ignoring the 3 minute marker will result in a temporary mute.

support and the same should be done for advertising clans once every 3 mins