A Question for everyone

Im Brad

To start this thread off simply with a suggestion for a debate section within the forums.

Right, so the purpose for this post is because I've been seeing a lot of duel arena related scams happen and they're being posted as reports here on the forums. Here's my question to you all, I understand that its down to the persons own stupidity 100% but don't you think it's encouraging people to scam at the duel arena with that tactic because realistically it's no win no loss at the moment. It's a catch 22. We're basically turning a blind eye to the scam itself because we're side-tracked by how stupid someone is. But isn't that the point of the scam?

I'm not saying punish every person but I think making an example of some offenders will act as a strong detergent and make them think twice as there will be consequences.

Another idea could be the items that were scammed could be removed from the game full stop. Therefore the person who lost them it's their own fault for not acknowledging the guidelines and the person scamming doesn't benefit from doing so as they've been removed. Of course only if staff approve with sufficient evidence provided. 

Thoughts?

Inspired by https://gyazo.com/5b97a61c7f280c0093dbcdde124d00fd

Edited by Im Brad
  • Upvote 2
  • Hmmm 1

1 hour ago, zite said:

1. Would be impossible to regulate, not enough staff to handle all the scam cases.

2. Simple solution would be to duel lock "DDS only" or "Whip only" and give a 5s warning that someone has changed the rules.

Would be more of a no evidence no report approach considering its so easily accessible to record nowadays that's how I've seen them reported on forums, either that or sufficient screen shots. 

But yeah, your suggestion is a good one too seems like that would be very effective and easier!

If you're too stupid not to check TWO windows then to be honest, you're the problem.

This has been a debate for years, scamming at duel arena is more relaxed than it used to be. Every 2nd report was a d/a scam. I'd be flooded with PM's when logging in... Now you havethe opportunity to very clearly see which rules are checked on two windows. It's not hard.

I don't agree with any of your suggestions. 

• Upvote 1

Yes duel arena scammers are pixel hungry. So always check on the second screen. My gamble instinct is impulsive, but after few scams. Shame on me. 

I support if caught scamming at duel arena:

1 offense-7 day rehab

2nd offense- perm rehab where they cannot duel. 

Getting items back is not going to happen. Just double check 2nd screen. 

If they make new accounts to avoid perm rehab, mac ban their rehab.