LONG OVERDUE CHANGE

I agree racial slurs should be muteable. Not for my personal sake seeing so much negativity when I'm trying to chill. 

But also muteable slurs would be great for new players who join the server. Having a more friendly community rather seeing all the racism and slurs and leaving due to the rude racist responses. 

When I first joined I felt like leaving, flame is good and all. But racial slurs of the tongue doesn't allow my gameplay to be chill. 

::muteyell ,)

I support' racial slurs should be muteable for the community sake as well as a more welcoming atmosphere for freshly joines noobies

Edited by Start Safing

There should be some sort of system implemented, where if you say certain words/slurs, it's as if you've just entered a command to mute your self for 24-48 hours. It is kind of insane how often people throw around the "N" word (as well as other slurs) on this server comparatively...  and I mean I'm white, so it's not like it offends me on a personal level, but the use of these words still bother the fuck out of me. They hold a lot of weight and are really just toxic and straight up disrespectful to the community as a whole. Not all of us are adults. Not all of us can just brush things off so easily. Not all of us have the same sense of humor. Just because you're behind a computer screen and keyboard, communicating with others doing the same, doesn't mean you can't cause harm. Most likely, the chances of someone causing much harm are slim, but not zero. You could say one thing to a kid who just got home from school after being bullied all day about his skin color and have that be the final straw that makes him absolutely lose it. If you really feel the need to use that type of verbiage, take a look in the mirror and ask yourself 'why?' Are you that much of a piece of shit that you lack common decency? Are you a sociopath who has no regard for anyone but himself? Have a bit of empathy people... [Rant Complete] 

+1 for this , its funny when you kill someone and they rage it but it also bothers me sometimes because i have friends that are african american and it gets annoying at times , maybe there should be a option to mute a player like ::mute(playername) only for you and not the whole server. 

On 3/18/2020 at 12:35 PM, Shadovv said:

+1 for this , its funny when you kill someone and they rage it but it also bothers me sometimes because i have friends that are african american and it gets annoying at times , maybe there should be a option to mute a player like ::mute(playername) only for you and not the whole server. 

This is called the ignore button.

I disagree, the last thing we want for the server is to strip of it from its chaotic and anarchist feel. I am in no way supporting the use of racial slurs, but it would get very out of hand to try and punish everyone. Ignore/ ::muteyell is plenty to cater to those who are offended or wish to not see that behavior.

Even with that out of the way, this is a huge waste of resources for the staff team and Gretar. Instead, how about we focus on more serious topics like RWT and Scamming. 

Personally, I think there is no way to properly enforce a no Scamming rule at the duel arena [Auto Screenshot Duel Screen upon entering]. However, if we do not enforce Duel Arena scamming we will always have to deal with an influx of scamming. Instead, let’s enforce that rule and include a message upon entering the staking interface  in bold red text.

IF CAUGHT SCAMMING, YOU WILL BE BANNED INDEFINITELY. ITEMS WILL NOT BE RETURNED. 

whether or not that player is banned indefinitely is not important, it is the premise or that fear factor that will prevent scamming. Of course it will still happen, but I’m sure it will no longer be a daily occurrence.

Another thing that seems to be bothering me is the money flowing into the game via the clan scoreboard. It needs revising and proper distribution of PKP.

The Blacklist also needs to be revised, players should not have to donate or buy donator tickets to add more players to the blacklist. In my eyes, this is not a perk, but rather an essential game mechanic.

The ::Staff/::Help command needs to be revised heavily. (Quick add for all online staff members) ::osgp tab on the interface ::Donate and ::vote tabs on the interface similar to the old [Chaotic/Donator Tab] pre new client. 

Small quality of life updates go a long way to ensure the longevity, quality and professionalism of a server.  @Gretar

@Smackd 

Edited by Lowrider
On 3/25/2020 at 3:03 AM, Lowrider said:

I disagree, the last thing we want for the server is to strip of it from its chaotic and anarchist feel. I am in no way supporting the use of racial slurs, but it would get very out of hand to try and punish everyone. Ignore/ ::muteyell is plenty to cater to those who are offended or wish to not see that behavior.

Even with that out of the way, this is a huge waste of resources for the staff team and Gretar. Instead, how about we focus on more serious topics like RWT and Scamming. 

Personally, I think there is no way to properly enforce a no Scamming rule at the duel arena [Auto Screenshot Duel Screen upon entering]. However, if we do not enforce Duel Arena scamming we will always have to deal with an influx of scamming. Instead, let’s enforce that rule and include a message upon entering the staking interface  in bold red text.

IF CAUGHT SCAMMING, YOU WILL BE BANNED INDEFINITELY. ITEMS WILL NOT BE RETURNED. 

whether or not that player is banned indefinitely is not important, it is the premise or that fear factor that will prevent scamming. Of course it will still happen, but I’m sure it will no longer be a daily occurrence.

Another thing that seems to be bothering me is the money flowing into the game via the clan scoreboard. It needs revising and proper distribution of PKP.

The Blacklist also needs to be revised, players should not have to donate or buy donator tickets to add more players to the blacklist. In my eyes, this is not a perk, but rather an essential game mechanic.

The ::Staff/::Help command needs to be revised heavily. (Quick add for all online staff members) ::osgp tab on the interface ::Donate and ::vote tabs on the interface similar to the old [Chaotic/Donator Tab] pre new client. 

Small quality of life updates go a long way to ensure the longevity, quality and professionalism of a server.  @Gretar

@Smackd 

In the same way you attested to maintaining the servers chaotic feel by not acting to punish those who use racial slurs, you maintain the servers chaotic feel by not banning duel arena scammers. 

The approach taken to this issue by the server admin team seems to be one that prioritizes freedom of the players. In this sense the server feels like its being run by players and not by staff, which lends an enjoyable environment despite the more often than not use of racial slurs. 

• Upvote 1