RoatPkz DMM

ypYUlmc.png.9e92a7493da7c7988071c8de02136d22.png

RoatPkz Deadman Mode.

Title says it all, but I'd like to give some options to picture it out a little.

If you have any suggestions or opinions please let me know by replying to this topic. If they're good I'll add them to the thread. :)

Where?

A separate Roatpkz world.

Not just in the wilderness, but throughout the whole world of 'Runescape'.  

If RoatPkz DMM would actually be a thing I'd expect over 1.000 players playing at the same time; the wilderness would be too small.

Ofcourse it doesn't have to be exactly the same as OSRS or other RSPSes that host DMM tournaments/servers. Giving an own twist to it can certain the concept from others! 

idea's mentioned within this thread are just suggestions.

Quests

Quests shouldn't be a thing in my opinion. I know that this brings in world activity and grind, but come on. It's a private server!

Armour

Obviously all the armours shouldn't be obtainable through stores as it is right now. It should be the same or near the same as Oldschool Runescape.

I can imagine that adding some armour/weapon drops to monsters that shouldn't drop it in the first place could be reasonable. 

It would be good to have one shop selling some basic stuff. In Oldschool Runescape you'd have to walk throughout the world and visit different kind of cities for a bow or scimitar, however I can imagine that it's better to have all this in a store.

What's the grind for then?

Ofcourse, the week before the final hour is basically gathering gear and training  your stats. But if there's no quests needed to unlock and basic items are buyable in one store, what's the grind for then?

I would not suggest adding (for example) any sort of food to the store, no weapons or armoury from mithril & up, no potions, runes etc. 

Prices

I'd suggest doing the same as the clancup.

However, I'd expect way more participants than a clancup normally gets, so maybe double the prize pool.

here's a suggestion:

1st place: 1000M OSRS Coins

2nd place: 500M OSRS Coins

3rd place: 250M OSRS Coins

4th place: 250M OSRS Coins

Not to forget

- A way to obtain mithril seeds.

- Do we want a trading post?

Suggestions

Ofcourse this is a really short thread as it is right now for a fully completed RoatPkz DMM world. Please leave all your suggestions & idea's below!

Edited by Knasterd
  • Upvote 1
3 minutes ago, keep talkin said:

if u wanna pay the devs to code the rest of the world in sure, the doors dont even work in ardy n shit atm so i wouldnt get ur hopes up

The doors in ardy don't work because it's not priority.

Ofcourse it wouldn't be released any time soon, but once you've got everything working it could be a huge breakthrough.

We both know that when RoatPkz has an update or something new coming it's solid as fuck.

Having a DMM tournament once, twice or maybe even three times a year could be a huge advertisement for Roatpkz, and increase the playerbase of Roatpkz long-term.

Edited by Knasterd
12 minutes ago, J[ag] [E] S[vensk] said:

do you not know 07 just brought back dmm? and that eden has monthly dmm, theres no need for another dmm server, especially not one like roatpkz.

Yes I know that 07 brought back dmm, I don't live under a stone buddy. It only lasts for a month (but will be dead within a week from now).

The fact that another server has dmm already doesn't mean a other server can't do it too. Why else are there 200 different servers atm? 😂

Also giving a twist to it can make it better than the other server that currently has a monthly dmm. 

I don't really see how your arguments would lead to a flop if RoatPkz would release its own. 

Edited by Knasterd
1 minute ago, Knasterd said:

Yes I know that 07 brough back dmm, I don't live under a stone buddy. It only lasts for a month (but will be dead within a week from now).

The fact that another server has dmm already doesn't mean a other server can't do it too. Why else are there 200 different servers atm? 😂

Also giving a twist to it can make it better than the other server that currently has a monthly dmm.

I don't really see how your arguments would lead to a flop if RoatPkz would release its own.

so if you think 07 dmm will die within a week, why would roat dmm last when theres complete dmm servers like eden with HUGE dedicated teams. Trust me this wont last lol. lets not hope it breaks you but no theres no way roatpkz deadman mode is ever succesful, maybe add a dmm styled automatic tournament or maybe even clan cup with dmm style, but a whole dmmt wont fly

2 minutes ago, J[ag] [E] S[vensk] said:

so if you think 07 dmm will die within a week, why would roat dmm last when theres complete dmm servers like eden with HUGE dedicated teams. Trust me this wont last lol. lets not hope it breaks you but no theres no way roatpkz deadman mode is ever succesful, maybe add a dmm styled automatic tournament or maybe even clan cup with dmm style, but a whole dmmt wont fly

Because I'd suggest the Roatpkz DMM only last for a week. The other server probably does not have very interesting prize pools and tournies that last a month back.. to back.. to back..

Your arguments still don't really make sense in my eyes.

Edited by Knasterd
4 minutes ago, Knasterd said:

Because I'd suggest the Roatpkz DMM only last for a week. The other server probably does not have very interesting prize pools and tournies that last a month back.. to back.. to back..

Your arguments still don't really make sense in my eyes.

youre clearly not really invested into dmm like myself, eden has a prize pool of 2b 07 gp and i dont know how thats not interesting when thats literally the prize you recommended, maybe educate yourself more before you post topics like these.

28 minutes ago, CertainlyNotSinister said:

Any server wanting to do DMM properly would need latest client data and deob/runelite compatible client. 

Nice idea but, a long shot. Could always be done without but would have to be “custom/have its own twist” biggest issue would be escape mechanics and world objects.

I see where you're coming from, however the whole thing does not have to be the same. The incoming fog could be done different f.e players that are being teleported into an automated 1v1 or multi boxes. Or maybe a restricted area or something? That's kinda why I said that any suggestions/idea's would be appreciated.

Giving it an own twist can also make the difference.

4 minutes ago, J[ag] [E] S[vensk] said:

youre clearly not really invested into dmm like myself, eden has a prize pool of 2b 07 gp and i dont know how thats not interesting when thats literally the prize you recommended, maybe educate yourself more before you post topics like these.

That's why I said probably. I've barely heard from this server, that's why. Saying that I should educate myself before making a suggestion thread why I just ramble out some idea's is a bit too serious for now, I think. Hope you didn't have a bad day buddy.

Anyways, I still think there is a good opportunity on this. Roatpkz already has a very good name and could certain itself from other servers doing tournaments like these. It also doesn't have to be exactly the same as I stated above in this post.

Feel free to come up with any idea's if you have, but saying you think it's not going to be near a decent concept won't have effect anymore since that's basically all you've said in all your replies in this thread.

Edited by Knasterd