Roat Pkz Downtime(BACK UP!)

Gretar

1 hour ago, Gretar said:

Hi, the datacenter our servers are hosted on is literally on fire, we have already purchased new servers and are working on recovering from backups (90 min rollback tops).

I have no ETA as is, but within 24 hours.

Edit: I have received news that our old servers burned fully down in the fire so we'll continue to set up new servers, they are also more powerful :) 

Join us at Discord: https://discord.com/invite/UdCYFWJ

Will They be located in roughly the same place?
Right now would be the perfect time for a new located server host somewhere in america

(Which you planned on doing 3 years ago)

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Gretar said:

Hi, the datacenter our servers are hosted on is literally on fire, we have already purchased new servers and are working on recovering from backups (90 min rollback tops).

I have no ETA as is, but within 24 hours.

Edit: I have received news that our old servers burned fully down in the fire so we'll continue to set up new servers, they are also more powerful :) 

Join us at Discord: https://discord.com/invite/UdCYFWJ

I blame @Jared @Fruitiest

• Upvote 1

Sad news. Good to see no one was harmed. And more powerful new servers is a positive. 

4 hours ago, Stack dealer said:

So what happens to people who won some duels right before this ? Do they basically lose out ?

I'm guessing there will be a rollback to the last available save point, but no idea when that was. However, knowing Gretar it won't be too far back.

This serves as another important reminder of having regular backups and keeping them in a different location. Shit happens

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, PK Guy said:

Sad news. Good to see no one was harmed. And more powerful new servers is a positive. 

I'm guessing there will be a rollback to the last available save point, but no idea when that was. However, knowing Gretar it won't be too far back.

This serves as another important reminder of having regular backups and keeping them in a different location. Shit happens

Last backup was at midnight (12:00), server started dcing at 12:24, so not bad.

• Upvote 2

Just now, FuckFagsLmao said:

So does this mean we lose all our shit

No, no items are lost, at worst you'll get a 30 min rollback if you were online during the DC.

We're still moving files, our database is huge and bandwidth is only so fast.

• Upvote 1

I know you are working your very best Gretar, just do the best you Can! Thats all you can do, shit happens and you just have to deal with it the best you can!😇 Can’t expect much more then that!

Keep grinding and We will be back online soon!😁

1 hour ago, Gretar said:

No, no items are lost, at worst you'll get a 30 min rollback if you were online during the DC.

We're still moving files, our database is huge and bandwidth is only so fast.

So at worst I will lose like 4m for the rollback, am I right? I'm about to lose 2400+ euros to the rollback? 

Or what does the 'rollback' mean if items aren't lost? We had a staking sesh with the clan and won hella much, but now it all will be just gone, right?

Edited by brew em brews

9 minutes ago, Fruitiest said:

4 Hour ETA

Yeah, we were told 4hours, 4 hours ago? Can't still be 4 hours?

Looks like this is going to take 24hours+, i feel like with every private server when problem happens you just tell times and never keep them. It only get's pushed and pushed.

Just tell the truth, so we have something to stick with. 

If it's two fking days, just say it? 

if it's 8hours, just say it.

Stop pushing the time more and more, it only causes more anger and confussion

very unfortunate event everyone needs to understand there are greater things at power people being hurt damage to near by structures etc its a pixelated game. Everyone needs to stop going mad and be patient let them do what they need to do. thanks for the constant updates @staff doing a hell of alot more than most servers i have encounted in the past 👌👍

Edited by jipo brid
incorrect spelling.
  • Upvote 1
  • Nice 1

9 minutes ago, Clequee said:

Looks like this is going to take 24hours+, i feel like with every private server when problem happens you just tell times and never keep them. It only get's pushed and pushed.

Very well said. 

16 minutes ago, brew em brews said:

Hold up it was almost 3 hours ago 4 hours? So its 4 hours from now on?

Just now, brew em brews said:

Very well said. 

3 minutes ago, jipo brid said:

very unfortunate event everyone needs to understand there are greater things at power people being hurt damage to near by structures etc its a pixelated game. Everyone needs to stop going mad and be patient let them do what they need to do. thanks for the constant updates @staff doing a hell of alot more than most servers i have encounted in the past 👌👍

Why are people weird lmfao SHUT THE FUCK UP you vermins be grateful the man is trying his best to get the server back on its feet u weirdos

3 minutes ago, jipo brid said:

very unfortunate event everyone needs to understand there are greater things at power people being hurt damage to bear by structures etc its a pixelated game. Everyone needs to stop going mad and be patient let them do what they need to do. thanks for the constant updates @staff doing a hell of alot more than most servers i have encounted in the past 👌👍

This is true, but lying to community isn’t the way to go. Staff could instead of lying just tell the thruth about how long the problem will take to be fixed. 

14 minutes ago, Clequee said:

The problem is that their current data center is burning down. You know, litterally on fire.

They're trying to switch host but this setup process can take a while. Their ETA is most likely based on what the data center has told them on how long it would approximately take to set everything up.

The current situation is a situation where RoatPkz themselves can't do much apart from hoping the the damage done by the fire of their current data centre is not too bad and hope that the data center they're currently trying to setup the whole game with will go as quick as possible.

RoatPkz can't do anything in this situation apart from waiting on other parties to solve the current problems. 

Edited by Knasterd

Just now, PROFFESER19 said:

No I quoted you by accident 

It's not about being grateful or not you piece of shit.

I understand that things happen and that he is doing his best to fix it. Stop sucking staff's dick.

I only want honesty as far as they know, and if they can't hold the time. Just don't tell a time.

2 minutes ago, PROFFESER19 said:

Why are people weird lmfao SHUT THE FUCK UP you vermins be grateful the man is trying his best to get the server back on its feet u weirdos

The fuck you on about? Ur the only1 being weirdo fuck, you Justin Bieber looking bitch boy ballerina. We only asked few simple questions after finding out that staff is talking some bullshiet. Obviously no1 would be ’mad’ without lying staff, god damn. 

2 minutes ago, Knasterd said:

The problem is that their current data center is burning down. You know, litterally on fire.

They're trying to switch host but this setup process can take a while. Their ETA is most likely based on what the data center has told them on how long it would approximately would take to set everything up.

The current situation is a situation where RoatPkz themselves can't do much apart from hoping the the damage done by the fire of their current data centre is not too bad and hope that the data centre they're currently trying to setup the whole game up with will be go as quick as possible.

RoatPkz can't do anything in this situation apart from waiting on other parties to solve the current problems. 

So we can basically just say that Roatzpk is down for a very long time. 24hours+, that's what i am hearing.

1 minute ago, Clequee said:

It's not about being grateful or not you piece of shit.

I understand that things happen and that he is doing his best to fix it. Stop sucking staff's dick.

I only want honesty as far as they know, and if they can't hold the time. Just don't tell a time.

what's up fella you getting some pixelated withdrawal symptoms? try setting up new hosts yourself and see how much you get messed about with eta's etc do your self a favor and stop playing if your getting mad over being told a incorrect time which is only information the are being relayed. 

Just now, Clequee said:

So we can basically just say that Roatzpk is down for a very long time. 24hours+, that's what i am hearing.

The company that is going to be the new host of RoatPkz most likely told they can get everything up and running within 24 hours. Here and there they might have given a wrong indication, but it's an ETA, not a promise.

1 minute ago, jipo brid said:

what's up fella you getting some pixelated withdrawal symptoms? try setting up new hosts yourself and see how much you get messed about with eta's etc do your self a favor and stop playing if your getting mad over being told a incorrect time which is only information the are being relayed. 

You want to talk to me about that?

I had my own server years ago, probally before you could even walk. So i know exactly what they are going trough.

But as a staff team/owner you should NEVER relay on a time that somebody else is saying? New problems can occure, a lot of stuff/things can happen when you are moving files,backups etc etc etc.

It's not about being pixelated withdrawl symptoms you little kid. I'ts how it's dealt with.

I have a lot of other games to play so it's not a problem.

Just don't tell times that can't be kept. Then you keep shut and say server is down untill you know 100% sure.

I am done with the talking. See you all in 1-2 days.

Just want to add, i appreaciate the information. Just not the times, that relay on other people.

5 minutes ago, Clequee said:

I had my own server years ago, probally before you could even walk. So i know exactly what they are going trough.

But as a staff team/owner you should NEVER relay on a time that somebody else is saying? New problems can occure, a lot of stuff/things can happen when you are moving files,backups etc etc etc.

It's not about being pixelated withdrawl symptoms you little kid. I'ts how it's dealt with.

Just don't tell times that can't be kept. Then you keep shut and say server is down untill you know 100% sure.

Just want to add, i appreaciate the information. Just not the times, that relay on other people.

just so you know im 24 years of age and a grown ass man... the only person that looks like a 'little kid' is yourself with all the bitching and crying. let me break it down for you with ease. 'ETA' means estimated time of arrival 'ESTIMATED' being the word to take out from this pce out g 

7 minutes ago, Clequee said:

The hosting company they're currently setting things up with is a proffessional company and specialized in hosting servers, so in that case you can assume that what they say is right. So it's basically better to give the players an ETA from proffessionals than saying you have no idea and let people make their own assumptions.

Again, it's an ETA (Estimated time of arrival). It's nothing solid, no hard promises. It's how long they expect it to take.

It's not exact. Not accurate to the minute, and probably also impossible to estimate to the minute.

Edited by Knasterd
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, brew em brews said:

This is true, but lying to community isn’t the way to go. Staff could instead of lying just tell the thruth about how long the problem will take to be fixed. 

Well what are we supposed to say? Last night there wasn't too much information disclosed before I logged off for the night. We were told what happened and were given an eta. This eta comes from the people who are trying to set the server back up. It all just depends on how much damage was done.  So when we tell people the eta, it isn't some made up number we pulled from the sky. its a real time estimate given to Gretar on how long it would take to repair everything and have it back up and running.

So just chill out. Its not like its the end of the word just because you can't play roat pkz for one day.

3 minutes ago, Xorakk said:

Well what are we supposed to say? Last night there wasn't too much information disclosed before I logged off for the night. We were told what happened and were given an eta. This eta comes from the people who are trying to set the server back up. It all just depends on how much damage was done.  So when we tell people the eta, it isn't some made up number we pulled from the sky. its a real time estimate given to Gretar on how long it would take to repair everything and have it back up and running.

So just chill out. Its not like its the end of the word just because you can't play roat pkz for one day.

Y'all suppose to say how the things are thats it. I never said it's a number pulled from sky, I mean just don't teach your father to fuck.  Throw realistic numbers, not bullshit ones. 

Mate who said its end of the world?  Gretar is the 1 losing most. 

To resolve any ambiguity:

Defenition of ETA:

"ETA abbreviation
Definition of ETA (Entry 2 of 2)
estimated time of arrival"

Source: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/eta#:~:text=see Alphabet Table-,ETA,estimated time of arrival

Defenition of estimated:

"estimated
/ˈɛstɪmeɪtɪd/
adjective
(of a value or number) roughly calculated; approximate.
"an estimated cost of £1,000 million"."

Source: https://www.google.com/

Edited by Knasterd

Stop being so fucking toxic this was clearly out of their control and they're doing everything they can to get things back up and running..

chill the fuck out.

Hope nobody got hurt. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, brew em brews said:

Y'all suppose to say how the things are thats it. I never said it's a number pulled from sky, I mean just don't teach your father to fuck.  Throw realistic numbers, not bullshit ones. 

Might be usefull to read the reply to this thread I've posted before 👇

1 hour ago, Knasterd said:

The hosting company they're currently setting things up with is a proffessional company and specialized in hosting servers, so in that case you can assume that what they say is right. So it's basically better to give the players an ETA from proffessionals than saying you have no idea and let people make their own assumptions.

Again, it's an ETA (Estimated time of arrival). It's nothing solid, no hard promises. It's how long they expect it to take.

It's not exact. Not accurate to the minute, and probably also impossible to estimate to the minute.

16 minutes ago, jipo brid said:

well chill means what its says just chill out its a game?? are you another that's obsessed?? its a pixelated game dude its online when its online?? 

i see lau lau lau online all the time, all he does is nh edgeville pkers for their dh sets because he cant nh other nhers or pk normally. this is the kids life he probably in pakistan escaping from his shitty civil-war infested life with this game like many other arabs, so 17 hours to him is like a few weeks to us normal people with lives.

Just now, Classic said:

i see lau lau lau online all the time, all he does is nh edgeville pkers for their dh sets because he cant nh other nhers or pk normally. this is the kids life he probably in pakistan escaping from his shitty civil-war infested life with this game like many other arabs, so 17 hours to him is like a few weeks to us normal people with lives.

that actually made me laugh reading that id say u had hit the nail on the head there fella

Wow, i don't know why you act like you don't know shit.

You say it's a "pixelsgame", a game that make thousands off dollars of stupid idiots who choose to donate and pay big money. From that point i would call it a buisness. From that i will say that people have expectations and they should. If it is a service that is making thousands of dollars of a service they provide you will have to meet expectations. We can argue that this is out of their control and yes it is 100%. But you can't be a little bitch and talk about this "pixelgame" bullshit that you are talking. This proves to me that you are a child or an older man with no knowledge about the world of buisness. 

So just stop with the fking acting bullshit, people have the right to get answers and say whatever they want about this situation.

Also, the staff should ALWAYS have the mindset that this is a buisness, it's not "just" a game. It's a money making machine for the developers and owners.

So unless you know what you are talking about----- SHUT THE FUCK UP.

bro your boringgggggggggggggg just quit 

1 minute ago, jipo brid said:

that actually made me laugh reading that id say u had hit the nail on the head there fella

bro your boringgggggggggggggg just quit 

This just proves that you are a computer nerd with no actual knowledge about the buisness world.

Have fun with it kiddo.

3 minutes ago, Clequee said:

This just proves that you are a computer nerd with no actual knowledge about the buisness world.

Have fun with it kiddo.

yeah I'm a computer nerd that's why im sitting here on a laptop that's 6 years old... makes loads of sense really doesn't it like i say boringgggggggggggggg

For every time you say boring, it only proves how stupid you are. You don't have anything better to say. Ofcourse you are sitting on a laptop that is 6years old, you don't even fking know how buisness work? how the fk should you afford a new one? Maybe sell your dick on a courner? 

I don't know man, you need to straighten your life up. The dude calling another dude boring must be very bored himself. HAHAHAHAHHAHA

if you would really like to know i don't really care to much for rsps i use them as a past time especially when I'm sitting in hotels traveling the world for my job, im currently a master technician working for MAN trucks. this is my real hobby and is what i love to do arguing with you is actually helping this downtime to pass so feel free carry on p.s what's the first thing you know about running a business? i can clearly tell you have no patience and as a CEO or a MD of a company you will ealise you need alot of that as employees can be a pain not want to work etc also the tax rates my country are as follows you can earn up to 50000 and only pay 20 percent tax if you were a self employed individual the tax rates can go up to as high as 40% per tax year. anything over this you would have to set up yourself as a business  which would come under the format of LTD if you need more explanation i will be willing to oblige deadhead hahahah 

Also i remember you saying earlier that you had owned/ran your own rsps where is it now? clearly not the best business advisor considering you no longer own it? 

hahahahahaha gonna start calling you steve jobs because you clearly are a multi millionaire marketing director that knows the ins and outs of every business that has ever been ran. if brains were dynamite you wouldn't have enough to blow your own cap off.

10 hours ago, Classic said:

Funny you see me all time online so that means you’re 24/7 online btw I play 1-2 hours braindead rodent lol probs some1 I killed for bank n crying now Keep hiding on forum alts pussy

17 hours ago, brew em brews said:

The fuck you on about? Ur the only1 being weirdo fuck, you Justin Bieber looking bitch boy ballerina. We only asked few simple questions after finding out that staff is talking some bullshiet. Obviously no1 would be ’mad’ without lying staff, god damn. 

Are you shaking because you can't play ratpkz for 20 hours? U addicted coon lol its not that deep fam grow up u autistic maggots 

10 hours ago, Fruitiest said:

Server is back on.

Didnt ask

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, jipo brid said:

well chill means what its says just chill out its a game?? are you another that's obsessed?? its a pixelated game dude its online when its online?? 

You’re camping forum 24/7 looks like you’re obsessed nerd lmfao probs 24/7 on the game aswell victim 

23 hours ago, brew em brews said:

Well i'm pretty sure i mentioned it before but I guess you didnt bother to read fully / didnt care or whatever.  The ETA we were givin - was given to Gretar from the people working on the server on site. You gotta understand what server management is actually like. This could have been way worse had there not been an emergency disaster recovery plan.

It seems like it is by your reaction.  Roat is down and there a are a lot of people who can't seem to find anything else to do so y'all come here and complain that you can't play 1 video game for like 12h or 14h.