All clients crash when entering clan chat on ubuntu 18.04

I've updated to ubuntu 20.04 and the problem remains. I want to avoid windows really unless I can find some decent tools to adjust  mouse sensitivity/speed for pking. I've tried to adjust the mouse speed in windows under settings but it doesn't feel right, I much prefer ubuntu/linux for the mouse options. Do you know of any linux distros that the clients work on? Either that or I'll just try to get used  to the mouse settings on windows.

Thanks for the input.

Edited by redblacktree
  • 2 months later...

This problem still occurs... kind of frustrating not being able to see who's in the cc. Everything else works it's just the clan chat interface. Maybe a dev could take a look at the source and modify it for future releases to support the popular Linux distros (including Ubuntu)?

Edited by redblacktree
  • 1 month later...
On 4/1/2021 at 2:08 PM, Sinister said:

The fix: Don't use ubuntu in 2021, especially when using a version released almost exactly 3 years ago :D 

Ubuntu has a lot of advantages when developing, much easier access to installing requirements for different programs.

I have faced this same issue with Ubuntu 18 and glad some1 else mentioned it too.

3 hours ago, Its Ted said:

Ubuntu has a lot of advantages when developing, much easier access to installing requirements for different programs.

I have faced this same issue with Ubuntu 18 and glad some1 else mentioned it too.

I agree with the first line, I don't agree with using an outdated version and wondering why things may not be running very smoothly. Ubuntu isn't designed for playing games/more specifically Jar clients of non-official games. It's not going to be running it optimally that's for sure :) 

53 minutes ago, Sinister said:

I agree with the first line, I don't agree with using an outdated version and wondering why things may not be running very smoothly. Ubuntu isn't designed for playing games/more specifically Jar clients of non-official games. It's not going to be running it optimally that's for sure :) 

Ubuntu isn't the problem

Roat is barely linux compatible, when you download roat for the first time, the client will even have a player added to the list with a random character and bot face.

I have tried roat on multiple different OS Versions, the reason I use 18 is because it's the only OS that can launch roat without it having errors running.

2 hours ago, Its Ted said:

Ubuntu isn't the problem

Roat is barely linux compatible, when you download roat for the first time, the client will even have a player added to the list with a random character and bot face.

I have tried roat on multiple different OS Versions, the reason I use 18 is because it's the only OS that can launch roat without it having errors running.

You tried logging any errors and sending them to big G?