Suggestions - Max Cape Improvements

I had a look at the current max cape bonus' and I feel that there really is no incentive to get the cape.

so I've had a think about ideas that would make more people want the cape, I have had a bit of time to think about the improvements to be done and I feel there should be incentives for each different play style.

Suggestions that would be for everyone with max cape:

[1] A new ::Max teleport where there is a trade post, shops, and just a chill spot for those who have put in the hours to have a unique zone that most players can't get to.

[2] This one is linked to the first idea and would be a Boss / Skill / Pvm / Pk zone within the ::max zone area, somewhat similar to the donator zones but it would be exclusive to people that are maxed, this would act similarly to the 2K total worlds for osrs and would allow maxed users to pvm/skill a lot more afk in the wilderness or let them bring bigger risk since there would be a lot less chance clans would be able to get them there.

[+] Bonus Suggestion linked to this could be that the max zone could have a bank in the wilderness

[+] Another Bonus suggestion could be that the Max zone gives you 2-3X resources from mining / woodcut  OR maybe make it so that you can afk for longer, maybe rune rocks let you mine 2 before it depletes & fishing spots last longer or make it so that smithing has a chance of giving you 2 of an item.

[3] An emote for the max cape, Maybe there already is one.. I'm not sure but if there isn't this could be a cool way to flex your hard earned cape. [ Maybe even make it so you can do this emote while Fping so it is used more often :) ]

For people trying to rebuild / Poorer players:

[1] The max cape could give +10-25% damage increase vs PVM monsters while wearing the cape, or alternatively they could make it so the max zone will have increased damage.

[2] The max cape could give an increased drop rate for rare items similar to the way vote bonus' work [5-15% increased drop rate could be added] while stacking with all other bonus' .

[3] A Daily bonus, maybe if you are maxed, every day you login you get a free vote mystery box or 2, or a unique mystery box just for max players with some items in.

For Players interested in Fashionscape / Gambling:

[1] Add a few new recolours so the cape would go well with some customs, I'm terrible with art so I'm not going to say what colours would go well..

- Emote for fping would be cool for gamblers.

For Pkers

[1] The max cape could have 3 optional affects that you can change every 24 Hours from the following:

Magic Defence - The cape has a 10% increased chance of a freeze / entangle spell of splashing on you.

Range Defence - The cape has a 10% chance of a bolt special attack [such as onyx / dragonfire] not toggling on you

Melee Defence - The cape has a 5% chance of a dragon spear failing it's special attack on you [I'm not sure if this would be too op maybe 5% is too high, but this could be the difference between life and death]

These 3 options could be permanent or they could be togglable, maybe you could add a pkp sink / item sink and cost a certain item or amount of pkp to switch it. But I feel like there should also be a cooldown and it should not be changable in the wilderness [only at an npc]

Well these are my suggestions to give people a real reason to want to have a max cape, I feel like the thread is lacking on some features for gamblers, new colours would be cool but maybe there could be more.

Feel free to comment your views on each of the suggestions, flaws and what you like about it. All the feedback will be appreciated.

• Upvote 1

1. I like this idea, a unique spot for all the people who grinded for the cape to chill out and do their own thing.
2. Agreed
+ Maybe a little too over powered I think especially PK related with all these single teams.
+ Not double XP, but the idea of spots staying longer so people can work towards 200M XP if they wanted.
3. Agreed

I like all the other ideas below this too. I hope @Gretar really considered some of the suggestions you have put forward. The cape takes a long time to accomplish and not a lot of people have this right now too, these additions could motivate others to hop on the grind to accumulate the cape.

Really good topic @Its Ted!

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, Baz said:

1. I like this idea, a unique spot for all the people who grinded for the cape to chill out and do their own thing.
2. Agreed
+ Maybe a little too over powered I think especially PK related with all these single teams.
+ Not double XP, but the idea of spots staying longer so people can work towards 200M XP if they wanted.
3. Agreed

I like all the other ideas below this too. I hope @Gretar really considered some of the suggestions you have put forward. The cape takes a long time to accomplish and not a lot of people have this right now too, these additions could motivate others to hop on the grind to accumulate the cape.

Really good topic @Its Ted!

Thanks for the reply, Love to hear the feedback :)

4 hours ago, Its Ted said:

I had a look at the current max cape bonus' and I feel that there really is no incentive to get the cape.

so I've had a think about ideas that would make more people want the cape, I have had a bit of time to think about the improvements to be done and I feel there should be incentives for each different play style.

[1] A new ::Max teleport where there is a trade post, shops, and just a chill spot for those who have put in the hours to have a unique zone that most players can't get to.

Sure, regular custom zone no skilling shit or farming NPCs

[2] This one is linked to the first idea and would be a Boss / Skill / Pvm / Pk zone within the ::max zone area, somewhat similar to the donator zones but it would be exclusive to people that are maxed, this would act similarly to the 2K total worlds for osrs and would allow maxed users to pvm/skill a lot more afk in the wilderness or let them bring bigger risk since there would be a lot less chance clans would be able to get them there.

No. This is Roatpkz, not a loot pinata safe world donation cash grab server to afk farm. 

[+] Bonus Suggestion linked to this could be that the max zone could have a bank in the wilderness

Lol?

[+] Another Bonus suggestion could be that the Max zone gives you 2-3X resources from mining / woodcut  OR maybe make it so that you can afk for longer, maybe rune rocks let you mine 2 before it depletes & fishing spots last longer or make it so that smithing has a chance of giving you 2 of an item.

2x-3x resources Too OP 

[3] An emote for the max cape, Maybe there already is one.. I'm not sure but if there isn't this could be a cool way to flex your hard earned cape. [ Maybe even make it so you can do this emote while Fping so it is used more often :) ]

Waste of developer's time, but emote during FP sure +1 

[1] The max cape could give +10-25% damage increase vs PVM monsters while wearing the cape, or alternatively they could make it so the max zone will have increased damage.

Too OP 5% boost maybe

[2] The max cape could give an increased drop rate for rare items similar to the way vote bonus' work [5-15% increased drop rate could be added] while stacking with all other bonus' .

No. Too OP.

[3] A Daily bonus, maybe if you are maxed, every day you login you get a free vote mystery box or 2, or a unique mystery box just for max players with some items in.

No 

[1] Add a few new recolours so the cape would go well with some customs, I'm terrible with art so I'm not going to say what colours would go well..

For Pkers

[1] The max cape could have 3 optional affects that you can change every 24 Hours from the following:

Magic Defence - The cape has a 10% increased chance of a freeze / entangle spell of splashing on you.

Range Defence - The cape has a 10% chance of a bolt special attack [such as onyx / dragonfire] not toggling on you

Melee Defence - The cape has a 5% chance of a dragon spear failing it's special attack on you [I'm not sure if this would be too op maybe 5% is too high, but this could be the difference between life and death]

These 3 options could be permanent or they could be togglable, maybe you could add a pkp sink / item sink and cost a certain item or amount of pkp to switch it. But I feel like there should also be a cooldown and it should not be changable in the wilderness [only at an npc]

A cape should not significantly give someone a "Cheat Code" in the wilderness. This would damage the integrity of a fair fight in wilderness, and potentially piss off a lot of pkers.

Well these are my suggestions to give people a real reason to want to have a max cape, I feel like the thread is lacking on some features for gamblers, new colours would be cool but maybe there could be more.

Feel free to comment your views on each of the suggestions, flaws and what you like about it. All the feedback will be appreciated.

Overall- some good and bad ideas. I personally think the cape is good already with all the perks it has, but it doesn't hurt to add some more if it doesn't risk damaging the integrity of the game. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, zite said:

Overall- some good and bad ideas. I personally think the cape is good already with all the perks it has, but it doesn't hurt to add some more if it doesn't risk damaging the integrity of the game. 

great to hear feedback,

Why would an emote be a waste of time? I'm sure the server could find an animator for a reasonable price if gretar is unable to do animations.

Also why would you think double resources is too overpowered? Resources have nearly no value and can only be used to get closer to 200m / friends to max.

Also if the Max mystery boxes are too OP or you dislike them why?

What could make it more fair, what items could it give that would work.

I have heard a lot of your opinions in this reply but there isn't much reasons why, I would like to hear your thoughts on the reason you don't like them.

Edited by Its Ted

So you want extra benefits from becoming max on Roat?

First of all, the max cape just got new benefits and gave people a reason to skill.
Let me quote the recent updates to it.
- Teleport into any donator dungeon cave.
- Restore run energy, 5 times a day
- Free entry into the resource area
- Run energy drains 25% slower
- Select obelisk teleport level
- Multiple different places you can teleport to
- You get 10% chance of getting 2x exp and the supplies
(Read more here)

[1] I agree with this one, it would be a nice area for the people who actually put time into maxing on Roat with a special area just for those.

[2] Pvm/boss/pk area, stupid idea. If so, it should be a private area for the maxed people to skill in peace - but being safezone, so no extra benefits.

[2+] No, simple stupid idea. As said earlier, you multiple instant teleports into deep wilderness and other skilling places. Banking would just be dumb on another level.

[2++] Another stupid idea, due to the cape gives you 10% chance of getting 2x resources and 2x exp.

[3] The max cape already have an emote, not needed to make a special one.

[4] Why would it? You think because you skill, you should get benefits while pvming aswell? Nah.

[5] Neither. You dont need extra benefits other places - only thru skilling as you already have while skilling. Of course you need to be maxed first.

[6] As said why do you want extra benefits, here n there, left n right. Is it need? No. You already get multiple options with the current max cape, that will benefit you.

[7] You can already combine the max cape with:
Ardy Cloak 4
Infernal Cape
Mage Capes
Mythical Cape
Ava's Assembler

If anything, it should be IF you get 200m exp in all skills and you will receive the golden max cape. 

[8] Negative on all this bullshit you just wrote.

Btw, #1 skiller on roat just replied to ur topic. 

• Upvote 2
19 minutes ago, Fruitiest said:

the max cape is already overpowered lmao

my guy how are you gonna say theres no incentive to max then suggest an emote as an incentive lol

Loool you think it's overpowered, the benefits are trash, anyone wanting to max out because of the benefits has severe problems. There definitely needs to be more work on on making the cape actually good.

man said overpowered...

3 hours ago, goat said:

First of all, the max cape just got new benefits and gave people a reason to skill.
(Read more here)

I read the max cape benefits and then laughed at how bad they were, that's why this post has been made.

Teleport to a donator dungeon cave, great I just saved 10 seconds of running to a spot, in return I have to have spend so many hours on maxing.

Restore run energy 5X per day,  - We have stat pots, if you want to run further then use them and save a lot of hours of your life

Free entry to a resource area - Great I saved a tiny amount of PKP, maxing would cost a lot more than this entry saves you.

Run energy drains slower - Again we have stat pots that already do that.

Select oblelisk teleport level - Yeah this is the first ok benefit for while you are already in the wild

Free teles to few places - who cares if it's free just pay 200pkp for the tele or use the ::teles / wizard

Chance at double slayer points - Great, if you're 99 slayer you should have a shitload of points already so that's useless

10% increased chance of mining two ores or double xp - Yeah It's okay but it's kind of a shit benefit if you just maxed, you get more xp. You're already 99.

[1] I agree with this one, it would be a nice area for the people who actually put time into maxing on Roat with a special area just for those.

[2] Pvm/boss/pk area, stupid idea. If so, it should be a private area for the maxed people to skill in peace - but being safezone, so no extra benefits.

[2+] No, simple stupid idea. As said earlier, you multiple instant teleports into deep wilderness and other skilling places. Banking would just be dumb on another level.

[2++] Another stupid idea, due to the cape gives you 10% chance of getting 2x resources and 2x exp.

I think after reaching 99 people might want to relax more with skilling and take it easier rather than just a chance at faster xp, the grind for 99 has already been reached.

200M max cape emote might be nice to see, also it would be nice to see more unique things about this rsps.

[4] Why would it? You think because you skill, you should get benefits while pvming aswell? Nah.

[5] Neither. You dont need extra benefits other places - only thru skilling as you already have while skilling. Of course you need to be maxed first.

Skilling benefits feel pointless after you have already achieved max, I feel like there is no real progression after that point so why would you want more xp...

[6] As said why do you want extra benefits, here n there, left n right. Is it need? No. You already get multiple options with the current max cape, that will benefit you.

I'm offering Ideas for maxed players to have real benefits I feel the current ones are weak, I'm not expecting every single idea to get implemented but I feel there needs to be some changes to the max cape.

Ardy Cloak 4
Infernal Cape
Mage Capes
Mythical Cape
Ava's Assembler

If anything, it should be IF you get 200m exp in all skills and you will receive the golden max cape. 

Nice to see one bit of feedback where you write one of your ideas, I feel like a golden max cape is useless tho because you can already get a yellow team cape that would save you a lot of hours.

Hmm something you are not #1 for is contributing good ideas for a better max cape.

5 hours ago, pita me look said:

stop spamming ingame you shitter

haha nah man my pc enjoys it

On 5/28/2021 at 5:45 PM, Its Ted said:

Sounds good, though there is already a ::max custom zone; it would need a different name.

Being able to skill while at the max total zone absolutely makes sense, but it would have to be in a safe zone at safe zone XP rates. The entire premise behind 2x XP rates in the Wilderness or the Donator Dungeon (which is 31+ Wilderness) is risk versus reward. This is, ultimately, a PK server, very few players are maxed; to offer a PK zone with 2x XP in the max zone under the pretense of 'risk' to justify the reward is indefensible - there is no risk. Not to mention, it further detracts from player activity in the actual Wilderness/Donator Dungeon - it's never a good idea to split up your players too much when trying to keep PKing active (OSRS itself has struggled with this for years). Your OSRS analogy is ultimately flawed because, firstly, OSRS is generally incomparable to a one-world private server, and, more significantly, we're talking about 2x XP rates. So, yes to skilling in the max zone and no to 2x XP rates in the max zone.

Would be far too unbalanced for numerous reasons. Just off the top of my head: it would provide access to infinite supplies to tank PKers (not that there would be any), allow skillers to bank any resources farmed/SP earned thus eliminating any risk for them, and substantially increase XP rates for Smithing.

2-3x the resources per successful ore mined/log chopped would actually make skilling far less AFK. Making it so that there's a chance for a resource to not deplete, akin to Expert mining gloves, would actually be a cool perk for the Max cape, I agree. Fishing spots are on a timer, so it would be awkward to make them last longer for specific players; simply making the ones in the max zone move less frequently would be cool. Smithing giving you 2x of an item is pointless since the items are spawnable. As for doubling the SP per item, that's a whole other balancing discussion. Alternatively, if you meant giving 2 bars per smelt, then I'd point out that Smithing is horribly slow as is and it needs rebalancing full stop, not just for maxed players.

One already exists for the OSRS Max cape, so, if it doesn't work on Roat, that'd be the way to go.

It's a skilling cape, not a PvM cape, it should provide skilling perks. Also, you literally make comfortably over 2M PKP from maxing on Roat, so if you're poor that's your own fault.

Again, it's a skilling cape, not a PvM cape. Furthermore, buffed drop-rates are highly problematic with the economy already hyperinflated.

Why? You're maxed; you've made over 2M PKP maxing, why do you deserve free stuff every day after making bank maxing? Also, again, for the boxes to be at all worthwhile, you'd be implementing unnecessary item injection into an inflated economy.

Plenty of options already:

image.png.82ce5b8d800ac9dba02c52684f837a49.png

For Pkers

Mage is already weak enough. Let's say everyone in the game is maxed - now everyone splashes on each other 10% more often. Definitely not my idea of fun.

Besides the fact antifire potions already exist, consider this: you and your opponent are using the same bolts, but you now have a noticeably better chance of your bolt's special procing and thus gain an advantage due to no skilled out-play of any kind on your behalf.

So a 5% chance to get bailed out of your own mistake/your opponent(s) fair use of game mechanics. No.

Again... Skilling cape. You do not deserve huge benefits over another player during PvP on a PK server because you maxed your skills.

12 minutes ago, Its Ted said:

I feel like a golden max cape is useless tho because you can already get a yellow team cape that would save you a lot of hours.

Yeah, not quite the same thing... 🤨

1 hour ago, Its Ted said:

(Read more here)

I read the max cape benefits and then laughed at how bad they were, that's why this post has been made.

Teleport to a donator dungeon cave, great I just saved 10 seconds of running to a spot, in return I have to have spend so many hours on maxing.

Definitely much more than 10 seconds and you, more importantly, avoid having to run past the PKers at the entrance.

Restore run energy 5X per day,  - We have stat pots, if you want to run further then use them and save a lot of hours of your life

Functions as a substitute for Stamina potions in the Wilderness as the Max cape can be combined with the BiS capes, which saves you an inventory space - fairly convenient and not over-powered.

Free entry to a resource area - Great I saved a tiny amount of PKP, maxing would cost a lot more than this entry saves you.

Adds up, especially if you intend to continue skilling post max or if you do lots of clues. People also sometimes try to go in and out of the Resource Area repeatedly to escape PKers - this would negate that tactic for a solo PKer, or make it significantly more viable for a skiller. And, again, it saves an inventory space.

Run energy drains slower - Again we have stat pots that already do that.

Saves inventory space. Convenience.

Select oblelisk teleport level - Yeah this is the first ok benefit for while you are already in the wild

It makes sense to give a few perks relevant to Wilderness activities since it's a PK server.

Free teles to few places - who cares if it's free just pay 200pkp for the tele or use the ::teles / wizard

Teles are on the Max cape itself - convenience! 200 PKP adds up... I mean, come on, previously you were asking for daily mystery boxes, like the ones from voting, which mostly give low-value items.

Chance at double slayer points - Great, if you're 99 slayer you should have a shitload of points already so that's useless

More slayer points equals more PKP and Slayer is a great money-maker, so plenty of people continue past 99.

10% increased chance of mining two ores or double xp - Yeah It's okay but it's kind of a shit benefit if you just maxed, you get more xp. You're already 99.

It's a skilling cape offering a skilling perk. Double XP means faster progress towards 200M or the XP Achievements (which reward PKP) and double resources is simply double PKP.

Ultimately, I think you have a few good ideas but are failing to appreciate that the Max cape is meant to offer small perks (oftentimes mostly for convenience) and not huge benefits. The OSRS Max cape itself is popularly considered overpowered purely based on all the teleports it offers. At the end of the day, this is a PK server and if you max your skills then take the 2M+ PKP and be happy!

Big +1 on a :: max total zone, though.

• Upvote 2
7 hours ago, goat said:

(Read more here)

Ardy Cloak 4
Infernal Cape
Mage Capes
Mythical Cape
Ava's Assembler

Victim

4 hours ago, Fruitiest said:

the max cape is already overpowered lmao

my guy how are you gonna say theres no incentive to max then suggest an emote as an incentive lol

Victim #2

12 hours ago, Aelin said:

Yeah, not quite the same thing... 🤨

Ultimately, I think you have a few good ideas but are failing to appreciate that the Max cape is meant to offer small perks (oftentimes mostly for convenience) and not huge benefits. The OSRS Max cape itself is popularly considered overpowered purely based on all the teleports it offers. At the end of the day, this is a PK server and if you max your skills then take the 2M+ PKP and be happy!

Big +1 on a :: max total zone, though.

Dunno why I'm struggling to get the reply in this too but i'll just type here:

Thanks for the detailed reply, I really like your thoughts and the breakdown of your reply. I will take these ideas in to consideration when thinking of new suggestions that could be more minorly convinient rather than overwhelming benefits. I did not know you'd get 2M pkp from the cape so benefits in regards to earning bonus money from the cape does seem unnecessary. I understand new pvp mechanics would be game breaking and affect the experience of a pvp server drastically and see why they shouldn't be a thing.

11 hours ago, Fruitiest said:

ur willing to pay 3m for max cape perks pretty sure ud agree its good

Baz would throw 3M into a rusty old chest for noobs to click balloons, I think baz would pay 3M for any item that less than 1% of the server has just to save a lot of hours on skilling lmao

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Its Ted said:

Thanks for the detailed reply, I really like your thoughts and the breakdown of your reply. I will take these ideas in to consideration when thinking of new suggestions that could be more minorly convinient rather than overwhelming benefits. I did not know you'd get 2M pkp from the cape so benefits in regards to earning bonus money from the cape does seem unnecessary. I understand new pvp mechanics would be game breaking and affect the experience of a pvp server drastically and see why they shouldn't be a thing.

Thanks for being open to criticism; I tried to make it constructive. :)

I'd like to clarify that the Max cape itself does not reward 2M PKP upon achieving it. Rather, you accumulate over 2M PKP while maxing from SP earned while training your skills, SP from level/XP Achievements, PKP/item drops while training Slayer, items that can be bought for Slayer points, and PKP from Slayer level/XP Achievements. I think you knew this, but I wanted to clarify just in case since your wording was "2M PKP from the cape".

I'll also reiterate that introducing a :: max zone is a great idea and your suggestions for skilling in the max zone with fishing spots moving less frequently and resources having a chance to not deplete were also good. Those are the kind of perks maxing should offer.